NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are there any fresh grads who have applied in this latest application window?

Max_power

Reaction score
I have just got an email and call from MOE HR today to send them my CPF statements by 31st July. I hope that this is a good sign that i'm still being considered...

I got the same email and was told by HR it's for for salary computation. Hope that is a good sign!

glutenmagic

Reaction score
Those who recieved the MOE HR email/call requesting for your CPF statements, is it because you did not give HR your CPF statement on the day of the interview?

cayy17

Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering if anyone on here has applied for the Untrained Counsellor position? I attended the Info. session on 17 July and interview on 24 July. Would like to hear from any of you who might be in the same boat :)

glutenmagic

Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering if anyone on here has applied for the Untrained Counsellor position? I attended the Info. session on 17 July and interview on 24 July. Would like to hear from any of you who might be in the same boat :)
Sorry that this is not related to your question, but could you share with us how your PGDE application process was like last year? Like the timeline and stuff.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

DAWL123

Reaction score
Updates to teaching application

Hey guys just received this email. Just in case, I had the interview in the second week of July, on the 11th.

Dear Applicant

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview.

We would like to inform you that we are still processing your teaching application. If your application is successful, the starting date of your employment is likely to be 19 December 2019, barring unforeseen circumstances. If you are due to commence employment on 19 December 2019, you should receive the “Possible Offer of Appointment to the Education Service” by 7 November 2019.

Please note that this notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract.

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just received this email. Just in case, I had the interview in the second week of July, on the 11th.

Dear Applicant

We would like to inform you that we are still processing your teaching application. If your application is successful, the starting date of your employment is likely to be 19 December 2019, barring unforeseen circumstances. If you are due to commence employment on 19 December 2019, you should receive the “Possible Offer of Appointment to the Education Service” by 7 November 2019.

Please note that this notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract.
Hi, what subjects were you shortlisted for?

Did your application status change on the portal?

Last edited:

poppyz_

Reaction score

Dear Applicant

Did ur status change on careers@gov?

cayy17

Reaction score
Sorry that this is not related to your question, but could you share with us how your PGDE application process was like last year? Like the timeline and stuff.

Thank you in advance!

sure! mine was a bit weird cos i didn’t finish applying properly so NIE called to ask me if i was still interested (17 July) to which i said yes and finished up the application. went for interview the following week and received unsuccessful e-mail about 4 weeks later.

glutenmagic

Reaction score
sure! mine was a bit weird cos i didn’t finish applying properly so NIE called to ask me if i was still interested (17 July) to which i said yes and finished up the application. went for interview the following week and received unsuccessful e-mail about 4 weeks later.
Hope you can get the Counsellor role if that is what you really want!

Thank you for the reply, it does help reduce our anxiety haha. Regarding your Teaching application in 2018, did you receive the EPT email, Processing email, Careers@Gov application status change, etc too?

Last edited:

cayy17

Reaction score
Hope you can get the Counsellor role if that is what you really want!

Thank you for the reply, it does help reduce our anxiety haha. Regarding your Teaching application in 2018, did you receive the EPT email, Processing email, Careers@Gov application status change, etc too?

Thanks! Am trying to be patient as well :) I did not receive EPT email so I think I was cut off quite early on. I did receive the processing email at about 2 weeks after the interview. Careers@Gov status isn’t very accurate imo. better check your email consistently :)

Sixthlight

Reaction score
Hello all, I would really appreciate if anybody could give me some feedback/advice. I am 33, looking to do a mid career change into teaching or the counsellor role. I have applied almost 10 times but still no luck. I am from poly, went to university in Canada (famous in Ca not in Sg), worked in Journalism, now in an MNC. I know on paper my profile is not strong and im very willing to do a masters in education to up my chances to becoming a teacher. I applied again in July recently, but I got feeling Im going to be rejected again. I know NIE and NUS has masters in education (but that looks targeted at teachers). What else can I do? Please don’t ask me to go for tuition centre, my goal is to be MOE teacher or counsellor. Thank you so much.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.