Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

applelamian

Reaction score
Group spree for Pantherella socks

Hi guys! Is anyone interested in shopping from Pantherella.com?

The offerings are plenty but the shipping is a little expensive (GBP20), so looking for people to do a group spree :)

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions what to get?

Currently wearing carmina for about 3yrs, almost every day.... love the comfort of the leather.... thinking of trying other Brand’s.... any suggestions?

Anyone has a size comparison of yanko and carmina? If I’m wearing 9.5 for carmina... should I get the same size for yanko derby?

Last edited:

applelamian

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of Yanko’s derby. And I used to have a pair of Carmina. My sincere advice is that you should really not buy any shoes without trying them on beforehand. My sizes have varied by +/- 1 full size across brands, lasts within same brand, types (oxfords, derby, loafer) within same brand. And dress shoes are not forgiving when you’re sized wrongly.

Currently wearing carmina for about 3yrs, almost every day.... love the comfort of the leather.... thinking of trying other Brand’s.... any suggestions?

Anyone has a size comparison of yanko and carmina? If I’m wearing 9.5 for carmina... should I get the same size for yanko derby?

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where u got your yanko derby? I’m interested in the 085 model, couldn’t find where I could try that in sg

I just bought a pair of Yanko’s derby. And I used to have a pair of Carmina. My sincere advice is that you should really not buy any shoes without trying them on beforehand. My sizes have varied by +/- 1 full size across brands, lasts within same brand, types (oxfords, derby, loafer) within same brand. And dress shoes are not forgiving when you’re sized wrongly.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my barker chelsea boots just arrived from robinsonshoes...however...abit of crease on toecap area for both shoes and box has a hole lol.

it's common? or got ground for complaint?

Update: they offered me refund 10% or replacement with return postage on them.
Told them i prefer full refund+return postage on them. Some emails to and fro and finally they say ok.

However, i've checked speedpost...cost about sgd 70 to send back UK. Forgot to ask robinsonshoes if they have a cap on return postage reimbursement. Anyone here knows? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my barker chelsea boots just arrived from robinsonshoes...however...abit of crease on toecap area for both shoes and box has a hole lol.

it's common? or got ground for complaint?

Update: they offered me refund 10% or replacement with return postage on them.
Told them i prefer full refund+return postage on them. Some emails to and fro and finally they say ok.

However, i've checked speedpost...cost about sgd 70 to send back UK. Forgot to ask robinsonshoes if they have a cap on return postage reimbursement. Anyone here knows? Thanks in advance.
Should just take the 10%. Your shoes will get creased anyway.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should just take the 10%. Your shoes will get creased anyway.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

ya i know but not song to know that creases not done by me while i paid for brand new out of box...no more leather shoes via overseas online shopping liao haha...i think they sent me a display pair...

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If online store , why would they have display shoe? It could be due to shipping mishandled ie drop on the floor hard causing tip to hit hard

ya i know but not song to know that creases not done by me while i paid for brand new out of box...no more leather shoes via overseas online shopping liao haha...i think they sent me a display pair...

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If online store , why would they have display shoe? It could be due to shipping mishandled ie drop on the floor hard causing tip to hit hard

don't know how their logistics works but they do have 2 retail stores in northern ireland....anyway just hope my speedpost delivery don't give me any issue...first time using speedpost.

spencert

Reaction score

Just go Seamless Bespoke for Enzo Bonafe/Yanko. and Yeossal for their AMs & Y range. I suspect you are same size as me.

Enzo's are general true to size with high insteps. They are all on sales right now with 20% - 40% discount ($498 - $622). Great value, I managed to grab one at $498 last week. Go before gone, they are clearing stock and will only be doing GMTO going forth.

Yeossal has a few brands, is expanding their Y by Yeossal big time. I saw like 8-10 new models for display last week.

They are all better value than Carmina in terms of leathers used and workmanship, even without sales.

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cool.... will try to check them out
Seamless bespoke is nearby my office... not sure about yeossal

Just go Seamless Bespoke for Enzo Bonafe/Yanko. and Yeossal for their AMs & Y range. I suspect you are same size as me.

Enzo's are general true to size with high insteps. They are all on sales right now with 20% - 40% discount ($498 - $622). Great value, I managed to grab one at $498 last week. Go before gone, they are clearing stock and will only be doing GMTO going forth.

Yeossal has a few brands, is expanding their Y by Yeossal big time. I saw like 8-10 new models for display last week.

They are all better value than Carmina in terms of leathers used and workmanship, even without sales.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.