DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

anonuser

Reaction score
Does the ssb ladder not work anymore? DBS seems to have changed the investment and insurance portion for higher interest to the 1st consecutive 12 months only

Guojing88

Master Member
Reaction score
Does the ssb ladder not work anymore? DBS seems to have changed the investment and insurance portion for higher interest to the 1st consecutive 12 months only

I wonder what does this mean and how it affects dividends that come in thru investments?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nothing changed. Ssb ladder has nothing to do with the 12 month.

Souled

Reaction score
I'm a fresh grad. Which credit card should I pair with DBS multiplier?

Currently thinking of DBS altitude.

DBS Altitude is a good choice if you're into miles, currently there is a promotion, for new multiplier account holders and altitude cardmember, if you maintain 10,000 for 6 months, you can get 10,000 miles worth of DBS Points. :)

Reaction score
DBS Altitude is a good choice if you're into miles, currently there is a promotion, for new multiplier account holders and altitude cardmember, if you maintain 10,000 for 6 months, you can get 10,000 miles worth of DBS Points. :)

thank you! May I know what's the difference between the visa and the amex card?

What about POSB Everyday/DBS Livefresh? Actually I'm considering between these 2 types because I am not spending big soon.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank you! May I know what's the difference between the visa and the amex card?

What about POSB Everyday/DBS Livefresh? Actually I'm considering between these 2 types because I am not spending big soon.

I use live fresh but you need to hit min 600 to get the rebate. It's easy for me given the categories are online and paywave. Simplygo included

anonuser

Reaction score
Nothing changed. Ssb ladder has nothing to do with the 12 month.

I think it’s only during the first 12 months of receiving the dividends which u will be able to hit the investment portion for the multiplier interest. 13 months later no more? I saw on the DBS Multiplier website that for investments, only the 1st 12 months are applicable for higher interest rates. Not sure if it includes ssb dividends

swordsly

Master Member
Reaction score
I think it’s only during the first 12 months of receiving the dividends which u will be able to hit the investment portion for the multiplier interest. 13 months later no more? I saw on the DBS Multiplier website that for investments, only the 1st 12 months are applicable for higher interest rates. Not sure if it includes ssb dividends

Read C.5 Investments again, properly, and correct yourself. Look at where the 12 months is being mentioned at.

Akromaci

Reaction score
Can I unlock DBS multiplier tier if I just spend 1 dollar on the Altitude card? Is there a minimum spend?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I unlock DBS multiplier tier if I just spend 1 dollar on the Altitude card? Is there a minimum spend?

Yes. Can unlock "credit card spend" category with any amount of spending on your Dbs/posb credit cards.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share my recent experience with multiplier account.

I linked my multiplier to my vickers account and trade with cash upfront. After the trade, the invested amount was earmarked. There's the total balance vs the available balance (which was net of earmarked amount). I called dbs to check which balance does dbs use to calculate interest for multiplier.

The initial answer was available balance but i pointed out that the bank and earn summary page shows total balance so that's inconsistent with their initial answer. After a few days, they called to confirm the balance on bank and earn summary is the one they use, ie total balance.

curious_moo

Reaction score

I linked my multiplier to my vickers account and trade with cash upfront. After the trade, the invested amount was earmarked. There's the total balance vs the available balance (which was net of earmarked amount). I called dbs to check which balance does dbs use to calculate interest for multiplier.

The initial answer was available balance but i pointed out that the bank and earn summary page shows total balance so that's inconsistent with their initial answer. After a few days, they called to confirm the balance on bank and earn summary is the one they use, ie total balance.

I guess with Cash upfront trades, the money are just locked-in but still with your account till deduction that happens only T+2? So you still get to enjoy the interested earned on this locked-in cash just like normal trades.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess with Cash upfront trades, the money are just locked-in but still with your account till deduction that happens only T+2? So you still get to enjoy the interested earned on this locked-in cash just like normal trades.

Its great because previously i had to top up first into my vickers account to do cash upfront

dontscoldme

Reaction score
i purchased SSB with DBS SRS acct.
seemed like the initial purchase doesnt count towards the MULTIPLIER investment amt.

but do the subsequent coupon payment to my SSB count as MULTIPLER investment?

yiron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i purchased SSB with DBS SRS acct.
seemed like the initial purchase doesnt count towards the MULTIPLIER investment amt.

but do the subsequent coupon payment to my SSB count as MULTIPLER investment?

Yes, coupon pmt counts as investment.

TheAlphaLion

Reaction score

How did you link multiplier to Vickers Cash Upfront?

Currently I need to manually transfer to my Cash Upfront account to buy stocks.

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/supp...t-account.html

kram62

Reaction score
How did you link multiplier to Vickers Cash Upfront?

Currently I need to manually transfer to my Cash Upfront account to buy stocks.

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/supp...t-account.html
This is automatically linked for new accounts. I opened multiplier in May 2018 and vickers in October 2018 and it was automatically linked.

Apparently that was already the case for some time already, but for accounts opened a longer time ago it is not linked automatically.

I don't know how to do it however.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.