+4 feet / 1.2m to AV receiver subwoofer distance setting.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else tried the subwoofer 101 YouTube channel tip? Seems to work for me but wonder why.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
In detail... after Ypao or audyssey automatically sets subwoofer distance I just add 1.2m to the distance setting for subwoofer. And I find the sound warmer and bass gets louder nearer to mid range. Anyone else tried?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Calibration setting there is no standard.
Room acoustic are different from others.
Up to you to play around find till you the best setting.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Anyway just suggesting this because I think many people dont know they can use this method to try to improve the combined sound quality of their subwoofer and speakers. After adding 1.2m to distance setting I found bass louder and even had to reduce subwoofer levels in avr also. Now it sounds perfect to me.

Please try it bros and let me know what u guys think. Add 1.2m to your avr subwoofer distance setting. Not happy can just change back. At least try before increasing subwoofer volume or thinking you need to spend more money to buy bigger or better subwoofer.

Last edited:

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
U are right. After testing all this time I went back to ypao setting. Think is better haha. Ignore me. How to delete thread?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U are right. After testing all this time I went back to ypao setting. Think is better haha. Ignore me. How to delete thread?

No need to delete.
Good info for most that setting you can play around.
No right or wrong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.