Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistersoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... M1 that plan now don't have weekend data free liao.

"Now is for free 3 months for new sign-ups
Or, enjoy free 6 months if you switch to M1"

Sent from a mobile phone using GAGT

Reaction score
Is it still better to get SIM only if can sign up for CIS?

CIS discounts are not as attractive anymore. SIM only plans gives users the flexibility to change or modify their plans according to their needs than stucked with a cis contracted plan.

townman

Reaction score
M1 plan still attractive as compared to Singtel recontract ? Also, heard M1 network not as good in Tuas area. Any advise ?

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

Tuas is a vast area, depend on which part, what I can confirm the bad signal area is around Ave 18, 18A, been here past 7 years, to make phone call, you have to walk out to main road.

Before I was here, according to my colleague, M1 did send down their engineer to investigate but more than 10 years nothing is done by M1.

Just meet one M1 corporate sales who happen come down with My IP supplier last Monday, she personal experience the bad signal, she mentions will feedback to their technical site but till now no call from their engineer.

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Tuas is a vast area, depend on which part, what I can confirm the bad signal area is around Ave 18, 18A, been here past 7 years, to make phone call, you have to walk out to main road.

Before I was here, according to my colleague, M1 did send down their engineer to investigate but more than 10 years nothing is done by M1.

Just meet one M1 corporate sales who happen come down with My IP supplier last Monday, she personal experience the bad signal, she mentions will feedback to their technical site but till now no call from their engineer.
My work place is at Tuas Crescent. Heard from my colleagues that M1 has bad network.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
QR8JWbC.jpg

GOMO Gift: FREE entry and drink at Avenue @ MBS for GOMO customers on Wed & Thu in August!

Knock down pins, sing your favourite songs, play video games, shoot some pool, and savour handcrafted cocktails as DJs spin sets at Avenue, Marina Bay Sands.

Simply flash your GOMO app and ID at the door to redeem FREE entry and a complimentary drink!

Entry before 9pm, minumum age of 23 for gentlemen and 21 for ladies. Offer is valid for all GOMO customers, including anyone signing up now, offer valid through the month of August 2019! T&Cs apply.

For more about Avenue, visit its webpage.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Is it still better to get SIM only if can sign up for CIS?
Depends on your usage. Currently it is possible to get around $15 or lesser for starhub 15gb CIS plan after you sell of the phone. Previously you can also get around $15 for M1 35gb CIS plan after selling the phone. So go check around the pricing yourself first before deciding.

SIM only plans with data more than 10gb ranges from $18 to $25 nowadays. So they are not exactly cheap also.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

ilovetoeat

Reaction score
Hi all,

GOMO vs Singtel, is there any difference at all? Since both are by Singtel, why would people opt for singtel Sim only when GOMO offers higher data at the same rate??

How is GOMO's stability?

giraffey

Reaction score
Hi all,

GOMO vs Singtel, is there any difference at all? Since both are by Singtel, why would people opt for singtel Sim only when GOMO offers higher data at the same rate??

How is GOMO's stability?

GOMO is pure digital (meaning no retail or call centres) vs Singtel (with retail and call centres). Singtel Mobile has more VAS and extras like volte, better roaming support, etc. There could also be traffic priorisation which favours Singtel customers more.

In short, MVNOs tend to be no frills and just providing the key basics, while MNOs tend to me more "premium".

townman

Reaction score
My work place is at Tuas Crescent. Heard from my colleagues that M1 has bad network.

The end of Tuas Crescent (not the MRT Station) is near my workplace, so too bad the whole area could be M1 blindspot, nothing much we can do except using SingTel or Starhub (slightly better coverage than M1). Even my TPG got full signal at my area, sometimes the download is better than my SingTel.

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
The end of Tuas Crescent (not the MRT Station) is near my workplace, so too bad the whole area could be M1 blindspot, nothing much we can do except using SingTel or Starhub (slightly better coverage than M1). Even my TPG got full signal at my area, sometimes the download is better than my SingTel.
I agree TPG got full signal. My phone has both Singtel and TPG, full bar signal anytime. Given M1 started to charge for free weekend and caller ID, think I wait for Singtel to offer me re-contract offer.

squarepipe

Reaction score
I agree TPG got full signal. My phone has both Singtel and TPG, full bar signal anytime. Given M1 started to charge for free weekend and caller ID, think I wait for Singtel to offer me re-contract offer.

Are there even any good contract offerings? I see like every week got a new $20ish no contract phone plan come out each trying to one up each other.

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Are there even any good contract offerings? I see like every week got a new $20ish no contract phone plan come out each trying to one up each other.
Phone, I buy others. Those telco phones are not attractive. Am looking for SIM only plans.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Is circles sim only plan $18 for 20gb the best deal right now for Comparison data cross others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.