Home Automation Enthusiasts

shacboi

Reaction score
Hi, anybody using the broadlink TC2 2019 enhanced wall switches? Is it more reliable now?

iPhone3GR

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am a noob in this home automation. I am considering to get the xiaomi gateway with door window sensors. I understand that they work via Zigbee but will it work with my wifi which cover the whole house? I have 2 storey so I am not sure whether Zigbee will reach that far. Thank you.

233mmx

Reaction score
just received my ring door view cam from Amazon Prime Day sale

gonna have fun (or headaches :s22:) integrating it with alexa

tambaididi

Reaction score
just received my ring door view cam from Amazon Prime Day sale

gonna have fun (or headaches :s22:) integrating it with alexa

It super easy to integrate with Alexa and they are supposed to work with Echo devices seamlessly!

zoneguard

Reaction score
Setup my Echo Show 5 and Echo Connect also from Prime Day sale. Echo Connect is connected to my PBX. I use VOIP lines from Anveo Direct and M1.

"Alexa, call <contact>" , can be any contact from Alexa app which imported my mobile's contact list.
"Alexa, hang up"

Echo Show 5 will also show a keypad which can be voice controlled if you need to press any of the digit/#/* touch pads.

If your line has caller ID, it will show the caller ID of the caller as well.

Of course, need some tricks to coax Echo Connect to work with Singapore +65 DID.

Echo Show 5 is also not as polished as the rest of Echo's family. For example, the timezone don't have Singapore and I needed to find a substitute GMT+8 from Shanghai.

No visual feedback from the recognized voice command unlike Google Nest Hub. Still testing out the Smart Home screen options.

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
x3CFTep.jpg

Will be dropping by next weekend to grab some stuff!!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.