NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

nooz17

Reaction score
hi. my advice is to build up your teaching portfolio by providing tuition or doing training gigs. getting a wsq advance certificate in learning and performance may also help your chances. doing a masters in education would also help but worried that cost may be a factor. whatever it is, i wish you all the best in your pursuit. i know someone who applied and was rejected 13 times, but was successful during the 14th application. don't lose hope.

Hello all, I would really appreciate if anybody could give me some feedback/advice. I am 33, looking to do a mid career change into teaching or the counsellor role. I have applied almost 10 times but still no luck. I am from poly, went to university in Canada (famous in Ca not in Sg), worked in Journalism, now in an MNC. I know on paper my profile is not strong and im very willing to do a masters in education to up my chances to becoming a teacher. I applied again in July recently, but I got feeling Im going to be rejected again. I know NIE and NUS has masters in education (but that looks targeted at teachers). What else can I do? Please don’t ask me to go for tuition centre, my goal is to be MOE teacher or counsellor. Thank you so much.

Sixthlight

Reaction score
hi. my advice is to build up your teaching portfolio by providing tuition or doing training gigs. getting a wsq advance certificate in learning and performance may also help your chances. doing a masters in education would also help but worried that cost may be a factor. whatever it is, i wish you all the best in your pursuit. i know someone who applied and was rejected 13 times, but was successful during the 14th application. don't lose hope.

Oh thank you so much! I will look into that and keep on trying!

flykickscreamhan

Reaction score
I went for interview on the third week of july (16th) and havent gotten any email or updates yet. Anybody who went for the interview on the third week got any updates already?

Getting anxious alr seeing all the ppl who got their emails! :O

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did anyone receive a confirmation of shortlisted email in the latest application window? Has anyone gone for the medical checkup?

Taloona

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I would really appreciate if anybody could give me some feedback/advice. I am 33, looking to do a mid career change into teaching or the counsellor role. I have applied almost 10 times but still no luck. I am from poly, went to university in Canada (famous in Ca not in Sg), worked in Journalism, now in an MNC. I know on paper my profile is not strong and im very willing to do a masters in education to up my chances to becoming a teacher. I applied again in July recently, but I got feeling Im going to be rejected again. I know NIE and NUS has masters in education (but that looks targeted at teachers). What else can I do? Please don’t ask me to go for tuition centre, my goal is to be MOE teacher or counsellor. Thank you so much.

Take it as a blessing in disguise. I have many friends and close relatives who are MOE teachers and all suffer burnout.

Latest case: both husband and wife were MOE teachers for more than 10 years and both quit without a job this year. Rent out their prime district HDB and move back to parents place while they figure out their next move.

Anecdotally, what I know is that schools can be quite toxic, with school leaders who care only about their own career advancement. Your KPIs are based on many non teaching duties. The marking load is also very heavy in addition to all your non teaching duties.

Only PE teachers in JC do not have teaching duties.

AceTutor123

Reaction score
When was your interview?

Which EPT email you are referring to? the one taking to set the dates or shortlisting to go for EPT?

3rd July for Pri(Eng/Maths)

Disappointing. This is like my 5th try and 2nd interview in 3 years. Im really passionate about teaching but sad NIE dont recognize this and keep rejecting me

heelheel

Reaction score

Disappointing. This is like my 5th try and 2nd interview in 3 years. Im really passionate about teaching but sad NIE dont recognize this and keep rejecting me

Look like we are in the same day, same batch, same shortlisted subject too. We get rejected tgt. :(

Mantoyak

Reaction score

Don’t give up! Keep on trying. I have a friend who applied 9 times and got in on the tenth try. My point is, keep on trying if you have the passion to teach. Have faith. In the meantime. You can teach at CDAC, Sinda or Mendaki. There are good courses thru these tuition programmes that tutors can partake.

Mantoyak

Reaction score
Any PE teachers here on 25th July? My status just changed to shortlisted. Maybe we can update one another😄. Anyone can also share how many more stages do we have to undergo once our status has been changed to shortlisted? TIA!

heelheel

Reaction score
Hey, may I know if you received an email on EPT? By the way, don't give up! Try again for the next round. :)

Hi, thank you. yup will try to reapply again after this August round ended. :(

Nope, never receive any EPT email tho.

aznotnurfurrr

Reaction score
Any PE teachers here on 25th July? My status just changed to shortlisted. Maybe we can update one another😄. Anyone can also share how many more stages do we have to undergo once our status has been changed to shortlisted? TIA!

You’ve received the email also?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.