Which telco offers the best SIM-only, no contract plan in Singapore? Updated: 23rd April 2019

burgerdeel

Reaction score
Hi Vijay, up to today's post, there is still no indication or note to point out that GOMO or Zero1 has no data roaming for its sim only no contract plans. That would be a big deciding factor, especially for me, a current user of Circles.Life (with data roaming) and being tempted to switch to GOMO.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for informing!

We'll add that in the table under "Notes".

lioney

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Indeed, it's probably one of the early launch options.
How's that plan going for you?

Good! Reliable for calls and sms. Generous with 1000 mins talktime and 1000 sms. Internet very slow at throttled speed after 1GB. So I use TPG for internet, only use MyRepublic internet when underground in MRT (coz TPG no signal)

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
M1’s $25 plan is listed as having free caller ID.

Just checked their website. Only free for 3 months. Then it’s $5.35/month with a $10 ‘registration’ charge.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for sounding out.

Indeed, they made those changes along with these changes recently:-
https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-m1-data-passport-activation-charge-australia-usa-uae

Our current comparison is dated June, hence it's not yet updated.

We'll have an updated version soon as most changes (and new entrants) across the board are just about settling down.

M1’s $25 plan is listed as having free caller ID.

Just checked their website. Only free for 3 months. Then it’s $5.35/month with a $10 ‘registration’ charge.

boliao45

Reaction score

coconut1

Reaction score
I realised that most of the MVNO has severely limited affordable-data-roaming options compared to the main telco and that the prepaid data roaming cards offered by the 3 main telcos previously have been cut back severely.

Hence, if you join the MVNO and often travel overseas with need for seamless data roaming, you're much better off with one of the big telcos. This is becoming the key differentiator which I think is being leveraged on by the big telcos removing their comprehensive prepaid travel sim cards.

NukePuke

Reaction score
I’m gonna switch to singtel’s Sim only from their easy mobile. Use the line for so long, like no extra privilege liao. Switch better, pay lesser but get more data. Muahahahaha.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.