Need Advice with Starhub Fibre and Coaxial Networking

jjtml

Reaction score
Parents house switched to Starhub Fibre from Cable previously. Starhub installer used the existing Coaxial Points to push the TV signals up to the 2nd and 3rd floors. They have installed some Coax-Ethernet powered adapters (MOCA). Networking layout looks like this

3rd Floor --> MOCA - > Settop Box
|coax
2nd Floor |-> MOCA -> Settop Box
|coax
1st Floor ONT- >MOCA - >Settop box
|__Wireless Router

I am trying to install a 2nd wireless router on my 3rd floor but I cannot seem to connect the wireless router to the ethernet port of the MOCA. Doesn't seem to be able to pull an IP address, regardless of using the WAN or the LAN port on the router. Previously the 2nd wireless router was connected directly to the cable modem and worked fine.

Any ideas? Is there something else which I am missing in between?

giraffey

Reaction score
Parents house switched to Starhub Fibre from Cable previously. Starhub installer used the existing Coaxial Points to push the TV signals up to the 2nd and 3rd floors. They have installed some Coax-Ethernet powered adapters (MOCA). Networking layout looks like this

|coax
|coax
|__Wireless Router

I am trying to install a 2nd wireless router on my 3rd floor but I cannot seem to connect the wireless router to the ethernet port of the MOCA. Doesn't seem to be able to pull an IP address, regardless of using the WAN or the LAN port on the router. Previously the 2nd wireless router was connected directly to the cable modem and worked fine.

have you tried to reset the wireless router and set it as an access point.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

|coax
|coax
|__Wireless Router

starhub uses seperate network for its IPTV. most likely the link to your 3rd floor is on IPTV network.

check the ONT, there should be 2 ethernet cables, one is for iptv, another one for broadband internet.

you need to link your 2nd router to your first router.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.