Recommend amp for TV with bluetooth output capability?

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Appreciate any recommendation on this. I'm trying to hook up bluetooth headphones to my Philips 6102 TV so that we don't disturb sleeping baby and neighbours at night.

However, the TV does not have bluetooth and Philips apparently does not support nor recommend the use of bluetooth directly because it will lag.

Seems like my option would be to output audio from the TV ( HDMI ARC and optical available) to an amp that supports bluetooth headphones.

Looked around and it seems like these all start at $400 or so. Feels like I'm paying extra for features that I don't really need, e.g. 5.1 speaker output. It's very unlikely I would be able to setup anything beyond 2.1 until my kid learns that not everything is a toy :s13:

Are there any cheaper options that can just fulfil the minimum requirements or am I just short on luck?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Budget too low, alternate is get this.

sennheiser-rs-175-tv-wireless-headphones.jpg

https://singapore.sennheiser.com/collections/wireless-tv-headphones-home-audio

alberttan746

Reaction score
Just buy a 5.0 Bluetooth transmitter (DAC build in) + bluetooth headphone.

Connect TV optical output to bluetooth transmitter optical input, pairing the bluetooth transmitter to bluetooth headphone.

Some bluetooth transmitter don't support Sony LDAC codec which can not work with Sony bluetooth headphone.

Some bluetooth transmitter is also a bluetooth receiver.

EKSA bluetooth audio transmitter/receiver is about SGD40 cheap and good from aliexpress, check it out.

Appreciate any recommendation on this. I'm trying to hook up bluetooth headphones to my Philips 6102 TV so that we don't disturb sleeping baby and neighbours at night.

However, the TV does not have bluetooth and Philips apparently does not support nor recommend the use of bluetooth directly because it will lag.

Seems like my option would be to output audio from the TV ( HDMI ARC and optical available) to an amp that supports bluetooth headphones.

Looked around and it seems like these all start at $400 or so. Feels like I'm paying extra for features that I don't really need, e.g. 5.1 speaker output. It's very unlikely I would be able to setup anything beyond 2.1 until my kid learns that not everything is a toy :s13:

Are there any cheaper options that can just fulfil the minimum requirements or am I just short on luck?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.