Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"You should never do transfers because other clubs are doing transfers. That makes no sense, it's not about that," Klopp told Sky Sports.

"And if you sit back for a second and have a look at the squad, do we need more players? People will say, yes, we need a substitute for Sadio Mane, for Mohamed Salah, whatever.

"But those players are here. So, do you get a one-for-one replacement? A big signing?

"People think that players from other clubs, other countries, are better than the players we have here but without really having the proof, because those players haven't played here, or whatever else.

"It's just that what is new is seen as more exciting. It's like with a new car. Your old car is completely reliable, but you want a new one and two weeks later it breaks down. It looks better, but obviously it's not that good."

i dont think we have a TAA coming thru this year. if any, will be next year. klopp doesnt like to throw a youngster deep into the water. no way we will see elliott making more than 5 appearance for us this season. rhian will probably get 10. klopp's probably banging on our "new" signings to do a job. to be fair we have 3 "new" signings for the first half of the season. fabinho, ox and keita. all didnt exactly feature this time last year.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Could be that Salah had to modify his game. Last season he was double or triple teamed. Perhaps less clear cut chances completed to season one.

No one was taking notice of him during 1st season and he is less selfish.

He is well taken care off by the defenders, tried too hard to maintain his record and did not really square the ball to the rest last season.
In short, he became selfish.
One thing I respect about Mr F is he is rarely selfish.
Mane was tulan with Salah for some of the clear cut chances where salah can just pass the ball for him to shine.
He some how got over it and become a greater man and scored some beautiful goals for us.
He was our saviour last season.

I saw the Klopp comments about not adding to the front three.
I disagreed with his point since we definitely need a lethal finisher when the chip is down and wall is up.
The team paid the price for not doing anything about the defense and GK for the 1st 2 seasons.
If we want the title, the need for another striker or winger to deliver a accurate cross is needed.
Or else we will be mocked by the botak Pep Pep.
But, this is Klopp.
When every one is forcing him to buy, he die die dun buy.
When every one dun care any more, then he buy.

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
No one was taking notice of him during 1st season and he is less selfish.

He is well taken care off by the defenders, tried too hard to maintain his record and did not really square the ball to the rest last season.
In short, he became selfish.
One thing I respect about Mr F is he is rarely selfish.
Mane was tulan with Salah for some of the clear cut chances where salah can just pass the ball for him to shine.
He some how got over it and become a greater man and scored some beautiful goals for us.
He was our saviour last season.

I saw the Klopp comments about not adding to the front three.
I disagreed with his point since we definitely need a lethal finisher when the chip is down and wall is up.
The team paid the price for not doing anything about the defense and GK for the 1st 2 seasons.
If we want the title, the need for another striker or winger to deliver a accurate cross is needed.
Or else we will be mocked by the botak Pep Pep.
But, this is Klopp.
When every one is forcing him to buy, he die die dun buy.
When every one dun care any more, then he buy.

Yes I agree, I see some of the matches Mane really is our MVP, Salah is take every potshot he can but Mane adapted well, I think if he not burned out he will perform very well this season

tok_kok

Reaction score
Spurs look to be very aggressive this season, now aiming to sign Dybala and to loan Coutinho. Tough fight this coming season

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HAPPY NATIONAL DAY SINGAPORE AND MY REDS BROS HERE

YNWA ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
City just signed another fullback joao cancelo for 60m to strengthen their squad :s22:

MC got aging defenders.
Pep Pep will be shopping for more in the next few transfer windows.

Seems like Cout want to return to Anfield.
He rejected loan deal to Spurs and Arsenal.

silent_espy

Banned
Reaction score
MC got aging defenders.
Pep Pep will be shopping for more in the next few transfer windows.

Seems like Cout want to return to Anfield.
He rejected loan deal to Spurs and Arsenal.

He still dare claim that his club didnt overspend really a bloody botak cheesepie kia.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
City just signed another fullback joao cancelo for 60m to strengthen their squad :s22:

Source from ESPN

Juventus defender Joao Cancelo has signed for Premier League champions Manchester City for £27.6 million.

The Portugal international, who primarily plays as a right-back, though he can also play on the right wing and at left-back, arrives as part of a £55.25m deal that sees Danilo join Juventus.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

FeNgZhEnG

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mancity keep beefing their squad with big spendings while we signed kids:s22:~

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bumblebee Man

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good business by man City, getting rid of danilo for cancelo. This cancelo has good chance of keeping walker out of the team.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Source from ESPN

Juventus defender*Joao Cancelo*has signed for Premier League champions Manchester City for £27.6 million.

The Portugal international, who primarily plays as a right-back, though he can also play on the right wing and at left-back,*arrives as part of a £55.25m deal*that sees*Danilo*join Juventus.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

So basically it's a swap deal?

deadguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pep's ruthless. You can't do a job for him, he send you packing. No time to settle in or what not. He expect his players to settle in fast. That's why he need a club that are able to spend like nothing.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
He still dare claim that his club didnt overspend really a bloody botak cheesepie kia.

Pep Pep dun care about people kpkb on his spending.
He get his cup and medals to shut the noise.
What they going to do ?
Bite him ?
The heat is on him to deliver the CL medal.
Or else he should ki siao at the end of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.