Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Koojime

Reaction score
For all information, this LS use this Otp method I delay and ask you to pay more fees. Initially ask for deposits as loan amount is big then say not enough so ask for 60months admin fees. But got reduce to 12 month. Make already say the otp exceed 20mins and complain I jam the system. Ask for $1,650 to unjam their system

polarinda

Reaction score
if they do, so what? they are criminals.
install cctv, change number and bank acct and life goes on.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Well, i've got an update too.

Few days back, i got a forced loan into my account. Since previously i had encountered this, I basically did the usual steps i.e. ignored, closed account, withdrew the money and handed over to police etc.

But here's the escalation; im not sure how they did it but they got hold of my address (could be from previous incident a few years back) and sent someone to my home just now. Luckily or unluckily, my parents were at home and when the runner demanded and said that his boss wanted his money back, my parents denied. He went off and didnt do anything

I went to make a report and while at the station, i got a message with a photo of my block, unit and one of my mum at our front gate.

This is some eff-ed up escalation. So i told the police and they told me to install a camera. I just wrote in to my MP as well.

I'll update if anything else happens

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
If they do that, that guy will be considered as runner and don’t worry, bro. Cctv will capture the person.

I just make a police report today against them as they try to threaten me etc. And even show me video of them burning house. But the video can be found online. And also they send my address to another guy asking him to print 300 flyers and distribute around my area. You all think they will really do it?

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
This is their tactics. You ignore them will do. Install cctv is the best way now

Well, i've got an update too.

Few days back, i got a forced loan into my account. Since previously i had encountered this, I basically did the usual steps i.e. ignored, closed account, withdrew the money and handed over to police etc.

But here's the escalation; im not sure how they did it but they got hold of my address (could be from previous incident a few years back) and sent someone to my home just now. Luckily or unluckily, my parents were at home and when the runner demanded and said that his boss wanted his money back, my parents denied. He went off and didnt do anything

I went to make a report and while at the station, i got a message with a photo of my block, unit and one of my mum at our front gate.

This is some eff-ed up escalation. So i told the police and they told me to install a camera. I just wrote in to my MP as well.

I'll update if anything else happens

green72

Reaction score
Today's loanshark method to make you pay up is only empty intimidation.

Only via calls or send runner to splash paint.

They cannot actually physically hurt you, only mess with your head. Remember, they are scared of getting caught too.

Installing CCTV is godsend.Why wait, install now.

Your only way to revenge is not to payback. Many here tried to pay up and it never ends. End up also finally decide not to pay.

Why try not to pay in the first instance?

I don't condone you borrow from them but make them lose money. Don't pay, don't return it. Seek help from Police for protection. The loanshark cannot touch you.

Last edited:

boyseakingforhelp

Reaction score
Today's loanshark method to make you pay up is only empty intimidation.

Only via calls or send runner to splash paint.

They cannot actually physically hurt you, only mess with your head. Remember, they are scared of getting caught too.

Installing CCTV is godsend.Why wait, install now.

Your only way to revenge is not to payback. Many here tried to pay up and it never ends. End up also finally decide not to pay.

Why try not to pay in the first instance?

I don't condone you borrow from them but make them lose money. Don't pay, don't return it. Seek help from Police for protection. The loanshark cannot touch you.
May I ask do they only Whatsapp call you. Or they also uses regular mobile phone numbers to call you as well? Because from what I read. Mostly they will only Whatsapp call you because they are usually overseas based. But I got a few unknown local number calling me.
Which brings me to my second question. Are they locally based than?

Please advise me. Today marks the start of 3rd day.

Reaction score
From my experience... I did receive calls from non whatsapp.... Call from local landline numbers... Just ignore unknown callers... It will die down soon....

Todays marks my 7th day..... So far still as per routine... Calls whatsapp txt calls ... Just ignore..

May I ask do they only Whatsapp call you. Or they also uses regular mobile phone numbers to call you as well? Because from what I read. Mostly they will only Whatsapp call you because they are usually overseas based. But I got a few unknown local number calling me.

boyseakingforhelp

Reaction score
From my experience... I did receive calls from non whatsapp.... Call from local landline numbers... Just ignore unknown callers... It will die down soon....

Todays marks my 7th day..... So far still as per routine... Calls whatsapp txt calls ... Just ignore..

Mind sharing your side of story? How long where you in it? And today marks the 7th day of your mia?

boyseakingforhelp

Reaction score

Did you receive any locks at your gates? Or NOK got calls? Or any form of harassment?

Reaction score
So far no locks on gates or splash paints.... NOKs not sure as they never say or ask anything to me . What i encounter is endless phonecl calls... Whatsaap txt msg... Called my workplace.... called other branches of the company i work for and informed i owe money.... So far thats all now....

Did you receive any locks at your gates? Or NOK got calls? Or any form of harassment?

Koojime

Reaction score
Today is my 2nd day after I report to police and got threaten by them. But so far didn’t notice any strange or unknown people around my estate. Maybe because I didn’t actually got any cash from them but instead gave them money. Let’s see and hope nothing happen.

Spidie

Reaction score
No need scared them my boss told them off tell them want money and if you are legal come office and collect if illegal can come also but will call the police. Then never hear from them again. Must be fierce. Ask your office people to guai lan with them. They call your office they won't even know they are talking to you. U can fake to be the boss.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

green72

Reaction score

They call direct, sms and whatsapp msg.

They created a whatsapp group under my full name and add me, my NOK and some other numbers in that group.

Manage to block and leave the group. Report the group admin number to whatsapp.

They could be local or Malaysia based. Those unknown numbers can be spoof using some gadget to look local numbers.

My fears for 1st week was unfounded even after I received a visit by 2 guys pretending to collect stuff from me. Usual M.O, take pic of my door, from ground floor my unit windows and send those pic to my whatsapp with threatening msg to instill fear to pay. It didn't work, the paying part that is but man I was a nervous wreck. Only after found this thread and advice from ppl here, I follow their advise.

The harassment stop a day after that until now. Police presence was heavy after that incident since prior to that visit, I've made a police report a week earlier. Just immediately call 999 if they ever pay u a visit.

Looking back, my fears of getting jump to/from home/work where a waste of energy because the threats are empty. For a good month, I was still fearful, always looking over my shoulder whenever I'm outside. But I finally snap out it because we live in Singapore.

Be mentally prepare though when they barrage you with such harassment. The longer you can withstand their different ways to threaten you, they will give up.It could be a few days like me or months for those persistent ones.

Don't let them detect fear in you, even if you are a nervous wreck.

FYI, I never return back the money. I just let my bank and SPF take it as they required.

Just as a reminder, poster here may not be what they claim to be. So be careful sharing too much data of your experience.

Stay strong, always. You can overcome this.

Last edited:

boyseakingforhelp

Reaction score
They call direct, sms and whatsapp msg.

They created a whatsapp group under my full name and add me, my NOK and some other numbers in that group.

Manage to block and leave the group. Report the group admin number to whatsapp.

They could be local or Malaysia based. Those unknown numbers can be spoof using some gadget to look local numbers.

My fears for 1st week was unfounded even after I received a visit by 2 guys pretending to collect stuff from me. Usual M.O, take pic of my door, from ground floor my unit windows and send those pic to my whatsapp with threatening msg to instill fear to pay. It didn't work, the paying part that is but man I was a nervous wreck. Only after found this thread and advice from ppl here, I follow their advise.

The harassment stop a day after that until now. Police presence was heavy after that incident since prior to that visit, I've made a police report a week earlier. Just immediately call 999 if they ever pay u a visit.

Looking back, my fears of getting jump to/from home/work where a waste of energy because the threats are empty. For a good month, I was still fearful, always looking over my shoulder whenever I'm outside. But I finally snap out it because we live in Singapore.

Be mentally prepare though when they barrage you with such harassment. The longer you can withstand their different ways to threaten you, they will give up.It could be a few days like me or months for those persistent ones.

Don't let them detect fear in you, even if you are a nervous wreck.

FYI, I never return back the money. I just let my bank and SPF take it as they required.

Just as a reminder, poster here may not be what they claim to be. So be careful sharing too much data of your experience.

Stay strong, always. You can overcome this.
Thank you so much for your kind words and advise. really appreciate it!
End of the day I didn't own them any single cent and they took a big chunk of my life and monies from me. But tbh I just want my life back.
I had install CCTV at my door front but still, fear still strikes whenever there are notifications on my phone from my CCTV.
its a stupidest decision in my entire life, which I have to admit. I just hope and pray hard that everything will come to a stop sooner or later.
I would strongly encourage people who are currently in the same situation to cut all communication with them and move on with life. DO NOT PAY THEM A SINGLE CENT! IF THEY WANT, ASK THEM COME FACE TO FACE AND COLLECT IT FROM YOU.
I can't say or ensure that all their threats are empty threats at the moment, but what I can say is this entire thread here means a hell lot to me.
I honestly wish that this thread continue strong and help those who are in trouble.

Today was the most peaceful day i had in the last 4 weeks, i can only hope everything stays this way.

Should anyone have any question or need any form of advice. don't be afraid to ask here. BUT DO TAKE NOTE NOT TO MENTION AND NAME OR DETAIL IN THIS CHAT. WHO KNOWS IF THERE ARE ALSO READING.

MAY EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD AND BLESSED LONG WEEKEND!
MAY THIS NATION AND THIS COMMUNITY STAY STRONG!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.