Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

bill2012

Reaction score
Hi guys is $469 a good price? I am ok if it is only slightly overpriced at launch 14 Aug, or should I wait for a bit before grab my first ever Switch? Thanks!

ExlamerZ

Reaction score
Qishann national day promo, 434 gen 2 with local warranty, cheap?

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

IAmDoctor

Reaction score
Qoo10 selling upgraded battery life nintendo switch for $368, but warranty process seems troublesome, must send to Korea. Then again, if bought from Qisahn, you get local warranty, but have to pay about $80 more :(

auzzuro

Reaction score
Heard the new switch come with Igzo display .. will the display look sharper compare to the old version

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honestly if u want the new switch, jus wait for sale and buy on amazon

there shouldn't be a price difference because nintendo themselves are not selling the new switch at a higher price...

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/nintend...old-switch-how-to-choose-tell-the-difference/

on the other hand, theres no point buying an older switch unless it's unpatched or below fw8 for homebrew

the switch is kinda boliao right now it's not an entertainment system, just a gaming console and nintendo doesn't want to give us stuff like netflix/media player..ect

anyway the better batt life is due to new hardware and it seems like devs are putting more demanding games on switch now

dqb2 for example will destroy your battery and make your switch a toaster...
fe3h also makes it warm
before all these, xb2c also took up alot of power so you only had less than/around 2hours of playtime on handheld

Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honestly if u want the new switch, jus wait for sale and buy on amazon

there shouldn't be a price difference because nintendo themselves are not selling the new switch at a higher price...

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/nintend...old-switch-how-to-choose-tell-the-difference/

on the other hand, theres no point buying an older switch unless it's unpatched or below fw8 for homebrew

the switch is kinda boliao right now it's not an entertainment system, just a gaming console and nintendo doesn't want to give us stuff like netflix/media player..ect

anyway the better batt life is due to new hardware and it seems like devs are putting more demanding games on switch now

dqb2 for example will destroy your battery and make your switch a toaster...
fe3h also makes it warm
before all these, xb2c also took up alot of power so you only had less than/around 2hours of playtime on handheld
Can always use a PD pb while playing in handheld mode wat..

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those they bought fire emblem hows the game so far?

not bad

the academy stuff is a timesink but most people like it

personally i find it waste of time cus u have to do them in ng+/subsequent playthroughs when they should have just let you skip it without penalties cus the first half of the game is the same for every route

the battles are much better and more difficulty is similar to conquest (fates)

instead of birthright which is utter trash

sadly there is no "all 3 house" route
the game itself has 4 route
1 for each house + church

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Qoo10 selling upgraded battery life nintendo switch for $368, but warranty process seems troublesome, must send to Korea. Then again, if bought from Qisahn, you get local warranty, but have to pay about $80 more :(

local warranty very important :s12:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard the new switch come with Igzo display .. will the display look sharper compare to the old version

If it is still a 720p screen, then no. IGZO's advantage is really more power friendly and better brightness.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
local warranty very important :s12:

I think it depends from individual to individual. It is good to have, assuming the price is not too different. But once the price gap widens, then I don't mind losing the local warranty.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

368 or 386? At least I noticed the cheapest 2019 Switch on Qoo10 is at 386. If you pay using the QCoin AMEX offer, it should lower to round about 350.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.