Android TV Box

Revuelto

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't have a suckhub go account but if you installed it on your mibox why do you still need the casting feature

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Starhub Go can only cast from phone to Mibox. Can’t install to mibox.

Laptopmachine

Reaction score
Questions from experts

Hello fellow HWZ users,

Would appreciate some simple advice for my family. I have recently purchased a Xiaomi 43" 4S and 32" TV for my family.

43" 4S usage - Mainly for Netflix for highest quality content (4K if possible), possibly some dramas

>> I am considering getting the MI BOX S in order to play 4K Netflix and other content, please let me know if there are better options? An alternative is EPL soccer if possible - even subscription content ?

32" usage - Elderly parents, wants to watch news, dramas, probably netflix as well (UI must be in English)

>> I am quite confused on this as there is so many options on the market, UBOX, MI BOX S, etc. I do not want it to be an overkill as the TV does not have 4K capabilities and my elder parents requirements are not very high. Is there any suggestions?

What APKS/Apps should be downloaded for simple news viewing (BBC,CNN,etc) ?

Thank you for all EDMWers for help in advance.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow HWZ users,

Would appreciate some simple advice for my family. I have recently purchased a Xiaomi 43" 4S and 32" TV for my family.

43" 4S usage - Mainly for Netflix for highest quality content (4K if possible), possibly some dramas

>> I am considering getting the MI BOX S in order to play 4K Netflix and other content, please let me know if there are better options? An alternative is EPL soccer if possible - even subscription content ?

32" usage - Elderly parents, wants to watch news, dramas, probably netflix as well (UI must be in English)

>> I am quite confused on this as there is so many options on the market, UBOX, MI BOX S, etc. I do not want it to be an overkill as the TV does not have 4K capabilities and my elder parents requirements are not very high. Is there any suggestions?

Then you definitely need to purchase a mibox S for viewing Netflix in FHD. Ubox and EVpad have their own iptv servers but you'll only be able to view up to SD resolution in Netflix

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow HWZ users,

43" is too small for 4k, so if you connect mibox s to the 43" tv, it is better to set the output to 1080p.

for 32" tv, any box will do, you can run handphone version netflix on non-certified box with up to 480p video, still looks good on 32". however, you need an airmouse for it, may not be suitable for elderly, so mibox s is a good candidate because it can run netflix tv version.

XB

Reaction score
May I know which version of Mi Box S should I get?

A link will be very helpful

thanks

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know which version of Mi Box S should I get?

A link will be very helpful

thanks

There is only one version of Mi Box S, model MDZ-22-AB.

Ref: https://www.mi.com/us/mi-box-s/

You can buy from online shops like Lazada, Shopee or Qoo10. Or you can buy from local Mi Shop but the price may be slightly higher (usually S$99, occasionally on offer for S$89).

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually use the android boxes will get caught?

In general you should be fine if you use streaming only but not downloading. But if you are really worried, stick to box like Mi Box S (which comes with no illegal apps out of box) and then use only legal apps like Netflix, SingTel Cast, Toggle (cast from phone), Starhub Go (cast from phone), TVB Anywhere+, etc.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In general you should be fine if you use streaming only but not downloading. But if you are really worried, stick to box like Mi Box S (which comes with no illegal apps out of box) and then use only legal apps like Netflix, SingTel Cast, Toggle (cast from phone), Starhub Go (cast from phone), TVB Anywhere+, etc.
Only Netflix is worth. The rest are rubbish except for tvbanywhere.

wheewz

Reaction score
I am using Mibox S to watch shows via Starhub Go app. Last week I was prompted to update the app on my phone and now the casting don’t work again :(

I'm also having issue casting the video via starhub go app to mibox s. Did you manage to solve this already?

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.