How to make HDB do something regarding noisy and selfish neighbour?

tacher

Reaction score
Hi there, I have been having issues with my neighbours upstairs and I am really fed up. They basically make noise at night, stomping and dropping things and moving furniture late into the night.

It has been 2+ freakin years and there has been no proper resolution.

I have created a Facebook page and I hope all of you on this thread can help like the page.

http://www.facebook.com/SingaporeNoisyNeighbours

By clicking 'like' it does not necessarily mean that you have a neighbour problem. It simply means that you support the need for a law to protect residents in Singapore from such issues.

We are a first world country but with seemingly third world grace, and it is surprising that we can be banning chewing gum, creating smoking corners and catching vehicles with modified exhausts because they are deemed 'dangerous' but we cannot protect ourselves from inconsiderate neighbours in our densely packed environment.

Birthstone

Reaction score
bro sell sure can sell just dont do viewing at 4 to 5am...when the kid running around...:eek:

i know how u feel i hate these kind of #$%^ker i also kena same thing in the end shifted out lan ian...cos those f#$%ker....ah beng ah seng...want to talk must open table type....sianz....:s27:....only thing can use ear plug...take sleeping tablet and curse them until no more bad word to curse...:D

That must be very hard on u :( I myself am suffering in silence too nw

surfmax

Banned
Reaction score
Is it the design of HDB flats being too closely packed poor noise insulation that is also part of the problem? Also coolie genes is part of the problem that one without doubt...

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score
No wonder alot of people want to buy the most highest unit whenever they can nowadays...

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT

Ttan369

Reaction score
Hi, we're facing a extreme confused situation. We're staying in this new bto flat for almost 3 yrs & we're staying to TOP floor. Been hearing strange noise for more than 2+yrs times. Those noise are humming+knocking, sound like humm..... then click knock. It started every evening time to late 1 to 2am then stop, started again around 4am until 7-8 morning. Sometime we can hear it at the lift area now then discover that noise are actually from lift itself. But it's weird that the sounds can be heard although we're away from lift area and volume is adjustable, something softer something louder, like someone is controlling it. Strange part is while closing all our doors and windows, the noise is louder than outside. We're suspected my downstair neighbor is the cause of those noise, bcos while we flash toilet in the midnight after a while the noise started again. We even heard stomping and dropping things totally was like in our unit but we're all sitting in the sofa watching TV, remind you all again, we are living in TOP floor. Getting more weird is this few weeks, we can hear soft bass knocking sound surrounding our living and bedrooms whole days and nights, and again the sounds is adjustable. My question is if it's from my downstair neighbor, how will they able to do that? Are they facing loudspeaker to us? Are they not affected? They're like very 'careful' neighbor, avoiding and hiding, scare someone will complain against them. Anyone can help to solve?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.