This Mooncake Jin Ho Jiak

ChubChub86

Reaction score
IMG_20190811_115857__01_zpssr4d6hfc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20190811_120011_zpsumdfps70.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ehh I think i become a fan liao sia. Yesterday go down Pine Garden at AMK Ave 10. If you got wear anything red, they give you 15% off for your bill. Staff say promo until 18th August.

Not only that, they also got sell mooncake now already.

Then I buy the 'Red bean with Hokkaido milk' one try try first.
Only got 3 words.

1) Filling gaogao.
2) Jin tok kong.
3) Sibei value.

https://www.pgcake.com/category/mid-autumn-19

Hiadi zehzeh meimei mai gong bo jio.
You are very welcome. ;)

Last edited:

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
There's a few mooncake "expo" ongoing, best to go down and try.

Maybe it's just me, but I find PG stuff over rated.

Last edited:

ChubChub86

Reaction score
There's a few mooncake "expo" ongoing, best to go down and try.

Maybe it's just me, but I find PG stuff over rated.

Thanks bro! Will go also!! Maybe cause my fam fancy handmade one. Now also rare liao. You happen to know which other got sell handmade? :)

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure where elsewhere does handmade as ultimately to my colleagues and I, we usually go for tastes. We can be quite adventurous trying out mooncakes from lesser known sources (small bakery shops, Carousell home bakers) to even Airfrov from overseas.

For example most people value fresh fish vs. frozen fish, but put the frozen fish in the hands of a capable chef, most people can't discern that it was frozen in the first place too. Therefore we don't place so much emphasis on handmade but on the final taste instead. I'm sure everyone might have come across some terrible homemade noodles stalls in their lifetime. :)

However if buying as gift, one may need to balance packaging as well coz we once bought from Sin Tong Nam Confectionery (unfortunately closed for a second time, there's even HWZ thread asking about it), damn good traditional mooncakes but the box wasn't very impressive. Especially when the receiving party has tons of other mooncakes placed on together. :s13:

ChubChub86

Reaction score
Thanks all!

In the end I still choose PG mooncake lah. Cos lazy to go down to those fairs that are so packed. Every time walk and try sample until I giddy sia.. Become all brands taste almost the same.

I tia gong from food experts that if you want to impress, must at least know some details of the mooncake. Help you score more points for sincerity lai steady.

1) Traditionally people eat mooncake is for the baked skin.

2) Bake skin must see properly. They must have the glossiness. In Chinese, they call it '出油'

3) Sealed/packet mooncakes (DONT BUY)

4) Handmade mooncakes have a stronger fragrant baked smell of mooncake than machine-made. 口感 got difference. Eat liao will know one

5) I won't buy mooncake that has a long expiry date. Those shorter expiries are fresher and probably no preservatives

These are a few points I know lah. Experts teach one. For those people who have difficult in-laws like yours truly. :X

So that's why I choose The Pine Garden's Mooncake lorh.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.