Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those of us who watched the game.. saw how AWB defended the right flank alone. No proper right winger or RM playing ahead of him.. not until Daniel James came in. Yet, he was still able to offer something going forward.

Look at him play really exciting. I hope he don't fizzle off like how Darmian did.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't agree that we are lucky to win, to have 4-0 result. Chelsea is unlucky, yes, the 2 shots hit post and bar, too bad. We worked our socks off to score. The lads won because of their hardwork, not coz Chelsea gk or players put the ball into their own net. I am the lucky one to have watched this match.

I like the togetherness of the lads, the passion they showed when anyone scored.

Martial scored a proper #9 goal, and he pressed hard. A few instances he was pressing, at the same time giving instructions to another guy to press another player nearby.

Keep reading people talked about Shaw had a bad game, because of the 2 instances he lost his position (following player he marked) and let Azpi run down to cross, highly possibly because a pundit talke about it. Rashford was not tracing back to defend in the 1st half. In the 2nd half, Rashford did (likely due to instruction from Ole), Azpi did not have such chance again. But still, it is Shaw's fault.

AWB received very good praises from fans. He is very solid in 1-to-1 situation, like a wall. But AWB also got the same issue like Shaw. He was always pulled out of position by Barkley/Pulisic, and allowed Emerson to have 4 shots. There was once, Barkley had a shot that was saved by DDG. AWB was still slowly strolling back. Yet, Shaw is sh1t, AWB is a proper right back.

From what I saw, Lingard and AP15 are selected because of their tiredless pressings and running. Some may say like headless chickens. 1st goal, Martial intercepted a missplaced pass. while Lingard was pressing the passer. He continued to run, and managaed to kicked the ball forward to Rashford, after AP15 was pulled down when he was receiving pass from AM9. Their contributions to attack may not be as obvious as the forwards or PP6, but their "headless chicken" pressings forced the opponents to make mistakes.

But next game, I think we may not see both of them starting. Versus a Wolves that sit back, Mata and DJ21 may get the call.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why Harry Maguire will be just like Virgil van Dijk at Liverpool for Man Utd - Souness

HARRY MAGUIRE will have a similar impact on Manchester United to the one Virgil van Dijk has had at Liverpool - but Manchester City should have signed him instead.

Souness is a big fan of Maguire and believes he is the modern centre-back United need so desperately.

But he is surprised Manchester City did not beat their rivals to the 26-year-old’s signature.

“He’s the real deal for me,” Souness said of Maguire.

“His character, the qualities he has, his reading of the game.

“When you think the way the game’s evolved, it’s never been more important than it is today for a centre-half to be able to see the picture and to be able to deliver what he sees.

“The way the game’s evolved everyone’s playing out from the back now. That’s where the game generally starts, nine times out of 10, goalkeepers rarely kick it long.

“So your centre-back in the middle of the pitch is generally what your central midfield player used to be.

“So I think in that respect he will make a big difference to United. He will have a calming effect on the rest of the team.

“I would expect him to have the influence that Van Dijk has had at Liverpool.

“I think he’s a great signing. I’m surprised City didn’t break the bank to get him, if they have a bank that could be broken.

“But I think he is sensational, I think he is everything you want in a centre-half today.

“The thing I like about him, when I see Virgil van Dijk play, this is maybe because Leicester go behind and Liverpool don’t very often, but when they are behind or when they’d go behind at Leicester, he’d step into midfield and he will try and make a difference.

“He will come out and try and be a midfield player.

“Virgil stays in his position and is happy to just make sure it’s tight at the back.

“I think [Maguire] is the real deal.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ry-Maguire-Man-City-Virgil-van-Dijk-Liverpool

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why Harry Maguire will be just like Virgil van Dijk at Liverpool for Man Utd - Souness

HARRY MAGUIRE will have a similar impact on Manchester United to the one Virgil van Dijk has had at Liverpool - but Manchester City should have signed him instead.

Souness is a big fan of Maguire and believes he is the modern centre-back United need so desperately.

But he is surprised Manchester City did not beat their rivals to the 26-year-old’s signature.

“He’s the real deal for me,” Souness said of Maguire.

“His character, the qualities he has, his reading of the game.

“When you think the way the game’s evolved, it’s never been more important than it is today for a centre-half to be able to see the picture and to be able to deliver what he sees.

“The way the game’s evolved everyone’s playing out from the back now. That’s where the game generally starts, nine times out of 10, goalkeepers rarely kick it long.

“So your centre-back in the middle of the pitch is generally what your central midfield player used to be.

“So I think in that respect he will make a big difference to United. He will have a calming effect on the rest of the team.

“I would expect him to have the influence that Van Dijk has had at Liverpool.

“I think he’s a great signing. I’m surprised City didn’t break the bank to get him, if they have a bank that could be broken.

“But I think he is sensational, I think he is everything you want in a centre-half today.

“The thing I like about him, when I see Virgil van Dijk play, this is maybe because Leicester go behind and Liverpool don’t very often, but when they are behind or when they’d go behind at Leicester, he’d step into midfield and he will try and make a difference.

“He will come out and try and be a midfield player.

“Virgil stays in his position and is happy to just make sure it’s tight at the back.

“I think [Maguire] is the real deal.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ry-Maguire-Man-City-Virgil-van-Dijk-Liverpool

Defensively both Maguire and VVD are the same but Maguire beats VVD in attacking sense

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Man Utd star Wan-Bissaka hailed as ‘best right-back in the league’ in Liverpool comparison

MANCHESTER UNITED star Aaron Wan-Bissaka is the best right-back in the Premier League with better defensive qualities than Liverpool ace Trent Alexander-Arnold.

That’s the view of United hero Paul Parker with Wan-Bissaka impressing on his competitive Red Devils debut.

And Parker believes Wan-Bissaka is better than anyone else in the league, including Alexander-Arnold.

“I’ve said it many times, I watched him often last year, I just like what he does,” Parker told WeAreTheBusbyBoys podcast. “People talk about the lad at Liverpool [Alexander-Arnold] but he can’t defend like Wan Bissaka, whose defending and positioning is very good. He wants to defend, he loves it.

“And every time he won a tackle (yesterday) there was no doubt he won it cleanly. You would think he had been there years.

“I’m judging him as a defender. He is the best right back in the Premier League.

“There’s always a question about him going forward, he can learn that, he will get better and better. He’s playing for a team who will allow him to do that.

“If you’re playing next to him as a centre-half, you’re saying to yourself ‘there’s my get out of jail card’ because he wants to make those tackles and wants to protect that right hand side.

“He doesn’t want to give anyone a yard or see anybody deliver crosses from his side of the park. I thrive on that. I love that.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ited-Aaron-Wan-Bissaka-Liverpool-Man-Utd-news

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Why bother VVD?

Fact is... Mag is better than any of our C.D. right now. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.