Tel Line with 8 wires

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi. Not very technically inclined so pardon my question.

In my new place, I was testing all the built in Ethernet lines in the house and they worked fine with the network tester.

I also have two telephone sockets. One in living room and one in master. I used the network tester on these too.

I noticed all 8 lights on my network tester flashed up (one by one up to 8th line). Same as my Ethernet sockets.

Does this simply means that the developer has actually installed the full 8 wires for the telephone socket and hence it is ready for DATA. I don’t need to spend $$ to get someone to “upgrade” the telephone line to a LAN line ?

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's very nice of them. U can plug a RJ11 into a RJ45 socket, so they provided u a proper RJ45. So u can choose however u want (either data or POTS) to use it for

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.