???ASUS PG279Q safe to get now???

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I bought a local set.

I had it exchanged at the ASUS distributor today. This new set, also a May 2016 production model, is significantly better - very little BLB (almost none) and pixel perfect. I was allowed to inspect the new unit before agreeing to the exchange. They said that they would only offer 1 new unit for me to inspect and exchange and not more than that so I guess I got a little lucky.

Now it is a true 5 star monitor. Fantastic! A real upgrade from my Qnix which has served me well over 4 years.

I hope it doesn't break down on me tomorrow...:s22:

Lol like gambling. If new set more terrible how?

You only got 1 chance
I am surprised they say that

seoulman

Reaction score
Yes I was a little surprised as well but I suppose they couldn't just keep on opening up boxes until the customer is satisfied. Some customers may have unreasonable expectations of what a IPS panel should look like. Can't be completely perfect la.

If the new set didn't meet my expectations, they would have given me a full refund.

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I was a little surprised as well but I suppose they couldn't just keep on opening up boxes until the customer is satisfied. Some customers may have unreasonable expectations of what a IPS panel should look like. Can't be completely perfect la.

If the new set didn't meet my expectations, they would have given me a full refund.
You mean if the new set don't meet expectation. They will refund? Or you think they should?

raysusan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I bought a local set.

I had it exchanged at the ASUS distributor today. This new set, also a May 2016 production model, is significantly better - very little BLB (almost none) and pixel perfect. I was allowed to inspect the new unit before agreeing to the exchange. They said that they would only offer 1 new unit for me to inspect and exchange and not more than that so I guess I got a little lucky.

Now it is a true 5 star monitor. Fantastic! A real upgrade from my Qnix which has served me well over 4 years.

I hope it doesn't break down on me tomorrow...:s22:

so happy that you manage to get what you want
but your case also make me more worry to get this model.....
btw can post the blb lvl picture of your new one?

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

One question here. Did you go back to asus sg or ban leong?

raysusan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am going to get 1 asus pg279q this coming it show
you guys are really scaring me :eek:

RoyceSmith

Reaction score
How is the asus pg279q QC now? Its still the same or already improve from previous version? Did the BLB still worse or acceptable? Thank you

ictaros21

Reaction score
Still not advisable to get this monitor.

Bought a PG279Q from Fuwell 2 days ago.

Take a look at this:

bleed3.jpeg

Brightness 65, contrast 50. Low light room. See the two bright spots at the right corner? It doesn't go away at any angle or distance.

Currently emailing Asus to get a 1 for 1 exchange. If it fails, I will consider escalating the issue

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.