Osaka Itinerary Recommendation (6-11 Oct)

tohwk

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm planning for a short trip to Osaka from the 6-11 Oct.

Could you recommend me an itinerary and where to stay (No frills hotel or AirBnB and Preferably around the Namba area)

I thought of heading to Kyoto but will probably skip that due to the time constrain. Only going to Nara for a day trip.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Delardino

Reaction score
Itinerary should be based on your interests, maybe you can do a draft out first then the others can give more suggestion.

Any children or elderly tagging along, etc, budget for hotels?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can still travel to Kyoto, Nara and Kobe but if you're visiting USJ, maybe cancel 1.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Could you recommend me an itinerary and where to stay (No frills hotel or AirBnB and Preferably around the Namba area)

I thought of heading to Kyoto but will probably skip that due to the time constrain. Only going to Nara for a day trip.

You need a travel planner? I'm sure there are people who are happy to do so for a fee.

If you know how to use Google, can search for 5 days Osaka itinerary or 6 days Osaka itinerary and there are plenty for you to take recommendations from.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If those generic popular location can just do a search on this website

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2157.html

Sent from Rem Is Best Waifu using GAGT

benoit_nly

Reaction score
planning a trip to osaka, kyoto and nara too! anyone drove there before? recommended to drive to just take public transport? short trip for about a week.

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
planning a trip to osaka, kyoto and nara too! anyone drove there before? recommended to drive to just take public transport? short trip for about a week.

Public transport will get you everywhere in these 3 places. Unless you enjoy driving or are going into the mountains, regular local trains and buses (certain Kyoto locations) are fine.

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Kyoto is just 30min away by train. Si can be a day trip. See what you actually like to do first

lovejersey

Reaction score
Go Kyoto! I have been to Kansai for more than 10 times in last 5 years. Was never tired of Kyoto. Osaka after a while can be overload. The main 3 shopping belt Umeda, namba and tennoji.
Or make a road trip to Kobe for its night scene or day trip to himeji

kiwing

Reaction score
I took the train to Nara, the deers were much fun to play with. I also went to Himeji to see Himeji castle, long train ride but very much worth it for the majestic view of the white castle.

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
hey, going almost same period as yours.
staying at business hotel chuo oasis at shin imamiya station area,abt 40+ a night bah.

main theme is food for me, usj harry potter for another and last is shirakawa go for the third person

total will travel 4 areas, osaka, kobe, kyoto and shirakawago

personal opnion is i think to set a main objective what you want to do, then easier to plan. oct 6 is less than a month, hope your plan is already there

Reaction score
Go Kyoto! I have been to Kansai for more than 10 times in last 5 years. Was never tired of Kyoto. Osaka after a while can be overload. The main 3 shopping belt Umeda, namba and tennoji.
Or make a road trip to Kobe for its night scene or day trip to himeji
Feel Sian already after few times when u see large crowds of foreigners

cqwrish

Reaction score
Well unfortunately, those cities have plenty of visitors in every season, there’s no avoiding tourists. You’ll have to venture much further out to get away

Feel Sian already after few times when u see large crowds of foreigners

keewee0415

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you are driving, there's one place you have to drive to when you are in the Kyoto Area.

Go google for Ine no Funaya.

If take bus and train from Kyoto will need at least 2 hours.

Driving will shave 40 minutes off the travel time.

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
Osaka is pretty boring tbh.

For first timer, typically would be USJ (1 day), aquarium half day, dotonbori (evening activity).

Not sure what other attractions are, Umeda sky building or museums etc. Not really a must see for me so I skipped.

Would strongly recommend Kyoto if never been there lo. If rush for time then 2 places to explore would be kiyomizu-Dera (literally its a in every tourist must go lol) and Arashiyama (bamboo forest is majestic and relaxing, tenryu Jin temple garden is beautiful, the food market street also nice to walk around)

Nara yes for half day, deers and temples.

Got time then go kobe for dinner, check out Tor Aoyama. Need reserve using Facebook. 2 servings each for lunch and dinner, 7 pax per serving. Family restaurant so it's friendly and comfortable to enjoy tepanyaki A5 kobe beef.

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
food all the way
osaka crabs, takoyaki and okonomiyaki
kyoto box sushi and matcha
kobe beef.....

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other stuff to check out in Osaka would be old Shinsekai neighbourhood and the old tower Tsutenkaku. Nearby from there would be Harukas 300 the tallest building in Japan with nice views all around Osaka at the top for day and evening.

If you want to check out Osaka's Harajuku you can head to Amerika-mura which is a short stroll from the Dotonburi area.

Overall Osaka is probably best as a homebase for day trips around Kansai. Because you can return in the evening and have late night food and shopping (mainly if you stay Namba area where Dotonburi is).

ruiyao

Reaction score
hi sorry to ask here,

anyone can provide tips on taking the haruku express from kansai airport to kyoto and then reaching kawamarachi station?

thank you!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.