Bank of China Elite Miles World Mastercard

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so if I start to use this card Dec 18, when they will ask for the annual fee, Dec 19? Can ask for fee waiver?

If you meant card approved in Dec 18, then annual fee should be charged Dec 2019 or Jan 2020. Of course can ask for waiver, but whether successful or not depends on their policy then.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
If you meant card approved in Dec 18, then annual fee should be charged Dec 2019 or Jan 2020. Of course can ask for waiver, but whether successful or not depends on their policy then.

so, have anyone successfully got a fee waiver?

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
missing miles

I just login to Boc IB, and noticed that around 4000+ lesser, anyone have such experience? is that mean they retracted the points back?

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
I just login to Boc IB, and noticed that around 4000+ lesser, anyone have such experience? is that mean they retracted the points back?

They retracted all points awarded for Youtrip and Dash top up earlier this year.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
They retracted all points awarded for Youtrip and Dash top up earlier this year.

I do not use it for Dash and Youtrip, but some government agency, need to call to find out, but the call center waiting time is too slow

zumaba

Reaction score
I do not use it for Dash and Youtrip, but some government agency, need to call to find out, but the call center waiting time is too slow

They have been giving reward points on all spending, even including ALL not eligible spending so let you feel happy first, and then claw back the points from all those not eligible spending one month later.

It is like to set trap for you to spend.

Can call MAS to complain. :s13:

Last edited:

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
They have been giving reward points on all spending, even including ALL not eligible spending so let you feel happy first, and then claw back the points from all those not eligible spending one month later.

It is like to set trap for you to spend.

Can call MAS to complain. :s13:

any other banks do the same practice?

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
certain banks practice clawbacks such as BOC and UOB. this is covered in most bank's T&C

vddgnd

Reaction score
BOC retracted points for up to how many months? Only one month or all points from not eligible spending accumulated few months? If few months accumulation then really look like a trap. Their problem of not able to filter correctly from the start become customer problem.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
BOC retracted points for up to how many months? Only one month or all points from not eligible spending accumulated few months? If few months accumulation then really look like a trap. Their problem of not able to filter correctly from the start become customer problem.

From the 1st day.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
their system doesn't seem capable to cross out these txns upfront, periodically they does a sweep of the unclean awarded points. happened twice to me alr.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
I redeemed my point to miles last week for krisflyer, from your guys' experience, when this will be reflected into krisflyer account?

soxwork

Reaction score
mine took around 1 mth if I can recall correctly

had to call a few times to check on status too

zumaba

Reaction score
Already stopped using this card as there is critical issues like
- Points awarded will be clawed back after one or a few months later without any explanation.
- Points redemption (if still any point left when you think you have enought point to redeem :) will take months long to credit into your KF account
- You need to download and to fill the stupid form and email to them to redeem the points.

My one, and only one KF redemption took 1.5 month, even with many email to chase after.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.