Anyone book Disneyland Hotel before in Tokyo?

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just want to understand more about their cancellation policy.

I was about to book and they say

ARH5L60.png

So if I book now for December, and I cancel it maybe in October it is 0 fees incurred?

Also.. issit worth to book their vacation package? Or better to book hotel + other stuffs separately? Was planning to go for 3 days 2 nights.

I was looking to stay at the Chip and Dale room, total cost amounted to 2.7k-2.8k for 3d2n for the package.

If without package was 1.4k.

3 days ticket for 2, and maybe 1 day breakfast, i can't see it amounting to an additional 1.4k...

Last edited:

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
Just want to understand more about their cancellation policy.

I was about to book and they say

ARH5L60.png

So if I book now for December, and I cancel it maybe in October it is 0 fees incurred?

Also.. issit worth to book their vacation package? Or better to book hotel + other stuffs separately? Was planning to go for 3 days 2 nights.

I was looking to stay at the Chip and Dale room, total cost amounted to 2.7k-2.8k for 3d2n for the package.

If without package was 1.4k.

3 days ticket for 2, and maybe 1 day breakfast, i can't see it amounting to an additional 1.4k...
By right, no cancellation fee if you cancel 15 days before stay but depending on the exchange rates at the point of booking and at the point of refund, you may have to bear exchange loss.

The Vacation Packages includes other stuffs like Resort Line Pass for some hotels, selected gifts and Popcorn bucket that cannot be purchased separately and free drinks at selected eateries. It should also include some FreePass on top of what you can collect in the park. You need to see if you value these stuffs at the extra price you would have paid as compared to getting the room, park tickets and breakfast separately.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey man thanks for the super reply. Appreciate the confirmation.

Weird thing is now when i try to get the vacation package i cannot get chip and dale room. But if I book without the package I can get... Does it mean vacation package room no more?

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
Hey man thanks for the super reply. Appreciate the confirmation.

Weird thing is now when i try to get the vacation package i cannot get chip and dale room. But if I book without the package I can get... Does it mean vacation package room no more?
This is most likely the case. As far as I read before, they do limit the number of Vacation Packages.

I am not sure if it works in Tokyo Disney Resort but you can try writing or calling in to ask. Both Hong Kong and Paris Disney Resorts were flexible about requests that are not available online. Otherwise, you might want to explore other rooms. It is not too wise to book late as the breakfast slots can be another issue, either odd timings or no slot available.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If got fx difference due to refund, can request your bank to refund the difference, so far i haven't got rejected before.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is most likely the case. As far as I read before, they do limit the number of Vacation Packages.

I am not sure if it works in Tokyo Disney Resort but you can try writing or calling in to ask. Both Hong Kong and Paris Disney Resorts were flexible about requests that are not available online. Otherwise, you might want to explore other rooms. It is not too wise to book late as the breakfast slots can be another issue, either odd timings or no slot available.

Thanks man. I was trying to find a contact us via email function for tokyo disneyland but only found phone number.

i'm still trying to decide vacation package is better or booking separately.. twice the price for maybe a bit more convenience..

the 3 day magic passport (i assume doesn't come with Fast Pass) cost 240SGD. For 2 person 480. Remaining 900 for 2 days breakfast.. Fast Pass.. wah.... damn expensive... lol.

I trying to finalize everything by maybe this week.

If got fx difference due to refund, can request your bank to refund the difference, so far i haven't got rejected before.

oo thanks for this info man!

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, would you enlighten me on how this fast pass work? I read online and somewhat different from our USS fast pass where got like priority queue.

Read online on tripadvisor some people say like

So work the "fastpass" ticket system in the morning, and then use the fast passes that are in your vacation package for the afternoon for the rides that you weren't able to get a regular fastpass for, or for the other park in the afternoon.

Does it mean regular entry ticket you also can go to a machine and get fast pass?

If so, then the vacation package's fast pass is essentially just a "confirm have fast pass"?

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, would you enlighten me on how this fast pass work? I read online and somewhat different from our USS fast pass where got like priority queue.

So work the "fastpass" ticket system in the morning, and then use the fast passes that are in your vacation package for the afternoon for the rides that you weren't able to get a regular fastpass for, or for the other park in the afternoon.

Does it mean regular entry ticket you also can go to a machine and get fast pass?

Fastpass is like priority queue tickets that you can prebook. Once you get it, it will show the time slot that you can come back again and enter under priority queue. Usually you need to wait for 2 hours before you can get fastpass for another ride so need to properly plan your route.

Vacation package will give you fast passes in advance and if I am not wrong, you can choose 2-3 rides or 2 rides + 1 show.

More info https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/japan-271/tokyo-disney-resort-5494697.html

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
Thanks man. I was trying to find a contact us via email function for tokyo disneyland but only found phone number.

i'm still trying to decide vacation package is better or booking separately.. twice the price for maybe a bit more convenience..

the 3 day magic passport (i assume doesn't come with Fast Pass) cost 240SGD. For 2 person 480. Remaining 900 for 2 days breakfast.. Fast Pass.. wah.... damn expensive... lol.

I trying to finalize everything by maybe this week.

oo thanks for this info man!
There should be an online form under Contact Us. I just checked my old emails to confirm that I use that mode to clarify its Bedsharing policy as its website self-contradict the info.

Try to search around. Alternatively, check the Japanese website using Google Chrome with transalation.

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
I tried something similiar before. Instead of reversal, the merchant did a refund and recharge the correct amount. Bank took a few days to get back that they will refund on an one-off goodwill basis.

bluetwinkle

Reaction score

If so, then the vacation package's fast pass is essentially just a "confirm have fast pass"?
It is a priority queue but unlike Universal Studio, you do not pay for it.

For those where you get from the machine by scanning your park tickets, you go to the FastPass queue during the one hour period indicated on the FastPass. The timing where you can collect the next FastPass will be indicated on the FastPass too, not more than 2h apart. The problem with these FastPasses is that they are on a while stock last basis.

The FastPasses included in the Vacation Package are definitely yours and you can use it anytime during the validity period of the Vacation Package. You can strategise to use them on the more popular rides during the peak period while you get the regular FastPass for the less popular ones. In this way, you will find yourself queueing less often.

Do note that Toy Story Mania needs a special FastPass under the Vacation Package and such packages are more expensive. The regular ones are usually completely distributed by 10 and the queues for them are scary even on a non-peak day.

Last edited:

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is a priority queue but unlike Universal Studio, you do not pay for it.

For those where you get from the machine by scanning your park tickets, you go to the FastPass queue during the one hour period indicated on the FastPass. The timing where you can collect the next FastPass will be indicated on the FastPass too, not more than 2h apart. The problem with these FastPasses is that they are on a while stock last basis.

The FastPasses included in the Vacation Package are definitely yours and you can use it anytime during the validity period of the Vacation Package. You can strategise to use them on the more popular rides during the peak period while you get the regular FastPass for the less popular ones. In this way, you will find yourself queueing less often.

Do note that Toy Story Mania needs a special FastPass under the Vacation Package and such packages are more expensive. The regular ones are usually completely distributed by 10 and the queues for them are scary even on a non-peak day.

super thanks man for your quickly reply. understand more now.

actually seeing all these and the things included in the vacation package... i think i book separately better. the special gifts included in the vacation package don't seem to be much value to me. perhaps the only plus is the included fast pass tickets which...maybe for me it'll be safe to skip..the extra 1.4k is really too much man. can save few hundred if buy separately.

Booking rooms separately also means i can select different rooms to stay on those 2 days.

thwysg

Reaction score
super thanks man for your quickly reply. understand more now.

actually seeing all these and the things included in the vacation package... i think i book separately better. the special gifts included in the vacation package don't seem to be much value to me. perhaps the only plus is the included fast pass tickets which...maybe for me it'll be safe to skip..the extra 1.4k is really too much man. can save few hundred if buy separately.

Booking rooms separately also means i can select different rooms to stay on those 2 days.

You don’t find it a hassle to change rooms and move luggage everyday?

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You don’t find it a hassle to change rooms and move luggage everyday?

I seem to remember reading somewhere they will bring your luggage to the next hotel for you if within the Disney resort though. If true then morning go eat breakfast bring luggage down eat finish go disneyland come back go next hotel seems ok.

thwysg

Reaction score
I seem to remember reading somewhere they will bring your luggage to the next hotel for you if within the Disney resort though. If true then morning go eat breakfast bring luggage down eat finish go disneyland come back go next hotel seems ok.

Oh I see. Whatever suits you :) I booked 3 different rooms in MiraCosta facing the Harbor back then. SO preferred to have the same room instead so we requested to have the most expensive one that I booked during check-in.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh I see. Whatever suits you :) I booked 3 different rooms in MiraCosta facing the Harbor back then. SO preferred to have the same room instead so we requested to have the most expensive one that I booked during check-in.

Yeah found this on the FAQ page

On the day of your room change, please leave your packed bags together in the room and give your room key to the front desk when you go out for the day.

A Cast Member at the hotel will transfer your baggage to your new room.

- Further details will be provided when you check in.
- A Cast Member at the hotel will transfer your baggage for you, even if you are moving to a different building at the Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel.

I just hooted 1 night chip and dale at ambassador 1 night at disney hotel alice in wonderland.

Last edited:

thwysg

Reaction score
Yeah found this on the FAQ page

On the day of your room change, please leave your packed bags together in the room and give your room key to the front desk when you go out for the day.

A Cast Member at the hotel will transfer your baggage to your new room.

- Further details will be provided when you check in.
- A Cast Member at the hotel will transfer your baggage for you, even if you are moving to a different building at the Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel.

I just hooted 1 night chip and dale at ambassador 1 night at disney hotel alice in wonderland.

Do share your experience here after the trip.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do share your experience here after the trip.

Booked for 9th-11December Monday to Wednesday.

Arriving at Haneda airport at 9:50 then go straight to disneysea 1st day.

Start on Monday hopefully less crowded... no need squeeze with Japan students..

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dont forget to download the official disney app. I think it is only searchable once you're in JP. Features useful wait times, delays, etc. If it's your first time there, it's even more useful as the live location is quite accurate.

https://tdrexplorer.com/official-tokyo-disney-resort-app/

bluetwinkle

Reaction score

Tue to Thurs is a better option actually. Fri and Mon usually have more people due to people starting the week early or extending their weekend. There is a page to check the expected crowd level at the parks. Let me find it to share here.

To add on, the Japanese school do bring the students on excursion to the theme parks.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.