Dropping Out Poly Course

Idme231

Reaction score
My first post

Hi, I dropped out of Republic Polytechnic due to unable to cope as the course is to fast, currently I am waiting for NS.

After NS I dont want to go back to full time diploma as I might forget everything in NS and plus i am currently living the poly trauma.

My mentor in RP and Lectures in ITE told me since i learn best by learning by doing they suggested me to take Work Learn Technical Diploma since i not heading to university.

But the problem is I dont have the motivation to study anymore, Have any one of you encounter this kind of situation before please advice?

P.S If i want to work i might apply to Scoot, Jetstar and Japan Airlines as i have a passion to be a flight attendant but do they take ITE Cert?

I know Singapore Airlines accept ITE cert as i have a friend who went for SIA interview but got rejected at 3th round using his ITE HNitec Cert, but the fear i might compete with Poly graduate and Uni graduate hence the SIA interviewer might even reject me for my qualification as they have a better qualification than me.

I tot ITE WLTD is more on hybrid like more on working then 1-2 days come back and study?

Flight attendant is minimum O level, but diploma/degree holders are welcome to apply.... Perhaps you can try again...

You are not the only one... people are doing part time jobs over full time jobs after graduating.. Like my friend after ORD, come out do mcdonalds, kena rejected from SMRT... alot of these case one...

Last edited:

XEmperor2

Reaction score
Thanks for the post actually I have a colleague, she said her friend got into SIA using her N Level Certificate and she applied years ago, back then when O lvl is minimum now she an SIA senior

Currently, when you apply for SIA there is no education requirement as they had taken down it

Idme231

Reaction score
Thanks for the post actually I have a colleague, she said her friend got into SIA using her N Level Certificate and she applied years ago, back then when O lvl is minimum now she an SIA senior

Currently, when you apply for SIA there is no education requirement as they had taken down it

It's like serving like a waiter and helping out the guests to earn a living. :s7:

XEmperor2

Reaction score
Should I go to ITE for WLTD or Airlines to work as a cabin crew.

Full time diploma and part time diploma are out of the question since I lose the motivation

Lee Jia Xin

Reaction score
Dude. Me from Singapore Polytechnic. Graduated in 2018, after struggling in my course from 2014 to 2017 and repeating one semester. Now pondering about where to go after my national service. ORDing in November 2019.

Who more pathetic? Me.

Polytechnic Diploma got quality one. In fact quality is better than the average private universities.

Lucky for you, because you never graduate from your diploma course, you can reapply to pursue another diploma course, and get the MOE tuition grant. I can't.

Many people say private university graduate pay the same as polytechnic diploma graduate pay.

Think about it. Pursuing another Polytechnic diploma may be the best option.

Last edited:

XEmperor2

Reaction score
I don't think so since I not very good at coping in poly, my poly experience last only 3 weeks, I vomitted 5 times in poly and everyday was miserable.

I learn best by hands on maybe, poly education doesn't suit me

And plus once I drop out is very hard to re-admit as I have been blacklisted.

That why I looking for easier alternatives

Last edited:

Lee Jia Xin

Reaction score
Got blacklist one meh? Don't have. Singapore is a meritocratic society. We look at the grades, not the person. Don't worry. Don't have blacklist. Is see whether you want to study only. If you want to study, everyone will help you. Polytechnic got peer tutoring, and lecturers who would help you.

Ever reflected that it could be because of your poor working attitude that's why you did not do well in your previous Polytechnic course?

I'm sure National Service will help to correct your working attitude.

By the way, what time already? Why haven't sleep yet?

Last edited:

XEmperor2

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I working night shift that why never sleep, but I think I stick to ITE WLTD after NS

Reason is after NS I might forget everything and I learn best by apprenticeship based learning.

Hopefully NS will change my attitude in working and mindset.

By the way, All the best for your ORD and for me can't wait to enlist into NS.

Last edited:

Idme231

Reaction score
Should I go to ITE for WLTD or Airlines to work as a cabin crew.

Full time diploma and part time diploma are out of the question since I lose the motivation

WLTD is still a part time diploma approved by SF. Thing is if you join WTLD, in order to get the bonus, you need to be 3 years after you ORD and have a stipulated GPA and find a sponsoring company.

Do you have health problems? You mentioned that you vomitted 5 times in poly probably the School certify
You unfit for course.

Oh yes, i havent told you, i am from ITE Technical Engineer Diploma student currently studying full time.

Last edited:

Lee Jia Xin

Reaction score
You are full-time student. Not part-time student.

Full-time student, where got time do part-time job?

Part-time student maybe still can do part-time job. Maybe.

Eh, I don't think you know what you are doing. What's your focus? Studies or work?

And you doing this forum thread thingy, is just to attract attention and have fun, right? Wake up your idea.

XEmperor2

Reaction score
I don't get you, sorry I just going through depression and fear after dropping out of poly. I writing is this forum for advice on my future.

Last edited:

XEmperor2

Reaction score
I know WLTD is lowered than poly dip but Wltd is recognised by government sector right?

Thanks for the fast reply

Idme231

Reaction score
I know WLTD is lowered than poly dip but Wltd is recognised by government sector right?

Thanks for the fast reply

Equivalant to Poly Diploma. Diploma level is more on management skills. U can go website check the skills that are highly relevant in the industry information on the course webpage, most of them are practical whilst need to do management. It’s a nationally recognised diploma by ITE.

Last edited:

Idme231

Reaction score
You are full-time student. Not part-time student.

Full-time student, where got time do part-time job?

Part-time student maybe still can do part-time job. Maybe.

Eh, I don't think you know what you are doing. What's your focus? Studies or work?

And you doing this forum thread thingy, is just to attract attention and have fun, right? Wake up your idea.

Hey, everyone has to work while they are studying in order to support themselves, dw to take money from family, some students still got do part time in shop or F&B right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.