e-SongBook on Tablets

jchoong

Reaction score
I play guitar - as a hobby. I play with 2 groups and we essentially cover Oldies and some soft Rock. No heavy stuff.

We started about 4 years ago, and like all beginners, we carried hard copies of songsheets (lyrics and chords - none of us can read music!) when we met for a session. Very soon, as our song coverage expanded rapidly, we found it very onerous to use hard copies of songsheets. So I went on a mission to go paperless.

This thread is to share and learn the use of tablets for e-SongBook.

As I am a Android user, I went searching for a affordable app on PlayStore. I finally picked SongBook by Linkesoft which costs about S$12. It has quite a lot of users, has excellent user-support, and works across all platforms - Android, Apple, MS and on PCs.

I installed SongBook into my tablet (was a Nexus 7!) 3 years ago. The group had more than a hundred songs by then, so I started to convert all our songsheets into chordpro which is used by SongBook. It worked very well for me, so I got all the members in my group to install SongBook into their tablets and i-Pads. After some training, we went paperless.

We have been using SongBook the past 3 years and it is great for our use. No heavy files and files of song sheets to bring to our sessions, all our copies are in-sync (via Google Drive), song search and selection is a breeze, and key change (transpose) is on the fly. Great tool actually.

So if anyone has a similar e-SongBook to share, please join in this thread and tell us your experience.

Those who are interested in SongBook by Linkesoft, jump into the discussion. Also do visit their website for more info.

Last edited:

angeldogleslie

Reaction score
Wa thanks. Am learning keyboard for a while and experimenting with paper chords sheets. This app will definitely help!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.