Dream Cruise is Docking In Singapore (World Dream)

Winterdews

Reaction score
How did u book the dates so close? U book using pp?

I using comp entitlement cabin to book. I hvnt touch my PP yet trying to save for suites lol getting there soon i hope :s12:

I think the PP save for cabins is best as no point exchanging it for chip/e-credits is a waste. 3700PP for $50

Before the PP started i already booked a few cruise dates in May like 16aug. Usually for Fri departures i try to book 2 or 3 months in advanced. Last time so easy to book on the website before PP started. Now comp must go thru their membership call center.

For the 9Aug i book on 28dec18. :D so for long weekends kiasu abit lol.

Last edited:

datolim

Reaction score
Free and easy a few timing slot to choose. We chose the earliest at 9am. Next will be 10am. Leaving the cruise at abt 9.10am and arrive at 9.25. We went to Cashew nut factory and to Gems international which is a very big building sell gems, souvenir and bags. Next we went to Central and back at 1.30pm. There is pasar malam along the way at the jetty.

Pasar Malam imagine I did not get down the Gemini ship sometimes when it was dock in the deep sea port.
Cashew nut factory and Gems place the taxi driver get a commission but still if you have never been there it is better than nothing.
You must be good on bargaining with the taxi driver or you take the first taxi that approach you.
It is possible that GD use the ferry boat instead of their own tender boat. Still it goes to the small jetty instead of the dock.

datolim

Reaction score
I using comp entitlement cabin to book. I hvnt touch my PP yet trying to save for suites lol getting there soon i hope :s12:

I think the PP save for cabins is best as no point exchanging it for chip/e-credits is a waste. 3700PP for $50

Before the PP started i already booked a few cruise dates in May like 16aug. Usually for Fri departures i try to book 2 or 3 months in advanced. Last time so easy to book on the website before PP started. Now comp must go thru their membership call center.

When you are a High High Roller you don't need a booking.
DG always keep about 10 palace suites for HH Roller walking in.

Winterdews

Reaction score
When you are a High High Roller you don't need a booking.
DG always keep about 10 palace suites for HH Roller walking in.

nah me small potato not even plat. Only those plat here are the high rollers :D

Just play enough to get 15 to 30 TP per trip if possible:s22: and use my PP to redeem suites

Last edited:

datolim

Reaction score
nah me small potato not even plat. Only those plat here are the high rollers :D

Just play enough to get 15 to 30 TP per trip if possible:s22: and use my PP to redeem suites

Just trying to understand you.
You did not use your PP for this cruise. Comp by GD.
You get 15 to 30 TP per trip.

For Palace that you are aiming for you need 92 TP which way above what you have been getting per trip. So you are a long way off. For this 3N cruise you need 138 TP.

This is also a very special long week end 3N cruise. If you get Comp for this cruise you are a a High Roller by my measure.

Winterdews

Reaction score
Just trying to understand you.
You did not use your PP for this cruise. Comp by GD.
You get 15 to 30 TP per trip.

For Palace that you are aiming for you need 92 TP which way above what you have been getting per trip. So you are a long way off. For this 3N cruise you need 138 TP.

This is also a very special long week end 3N cruise. If you get Comp for this cruise you are a a High Roller by my measure.

Well hard to explain GD comp cabin logic. I only Gold nia not high roller

Previously before PP started it is easier to get comp cabin and is min balcony cabin. when i booked my 9aug cruise in 28dec18 it even opened up balcony dlx cabin for me to book.

But 1 thing i am very sure and guarantee plus chop that GD has tighten the comp cabin entitlement ever since it started the PP program.

Right now based on today for comp cabin i am only entitle to oceanview till oct and subject to change again If i want balcony i have to use my PP. But i intend to save my PP for suite :D

datolim

Reaction score
The driver offered us Thb1200 for round trip unlimited time.

Aiyoh! too much.
Central 10-15 mins taxi ride.
Used to pay same amount to Patong Beach 45 mins away.
Some more he get a commission when he took you to the 2 shopping places.
Unlimited time not much good when he knows you have to get back to the ship before 2 pm.

RockStar9238

Reaction score
Aiyoh! too much.
Central 10-15 mins taxi ride.
Used to pay same amount to Patong Beach 45 mins away.
Some more he get a commission when he took you to the 2 shopping places.
Unlimited time not much good when he knows you have to get back to the ship before 2 pm.
So what do you think the amount is reasonable. The 1st one we approached ask for thb1800 and no bargain.

datolim

Reaction score
Well hard to explain GD comp cabin logic. I only Gold nia not high roller

Previously before PP started it is easier to get comp cabin and is min balcony cabin. when i booked my 9aug cruise in 28dec18 it even opened up balcony dlx cabin for me to book.

But 1 thing i am very sure and guarantee plus chop that GD has tighten the comp cabin entitlement ever since it started the PP program.

Right now based on today for comp cabin i am only entitle to oceanview till oct and subject to change again If i want balcony i have to use my PP. But i intend to save my PP for suite :D

Been in Palace Suites 4 times. Last time about 3 months ago when they gutted the Palace buffet.
Kia would have more recent information.
Use to eat only in this buffet. They had Alaskan King Crab, abalone, lobster, very fine lamb chop and other Japanese food. Now only some salad, soup and dessert and main menu, steak or lobster.
If you don't drink now it is really no different from Balcony. Cabin is twice Balcony size.
Bottle of wine cost $115 on the ship. I really don't drink that much.
Wifi is free but I get my free Malaysia DiGi service when in Malaysian port.
Steak I get it in the free Chinese restaurant. It is the same steak you get in the Mark Best steakhouse.
O.K. for shows you get to seat in the first 2 rows in the theatre.

Last edited:

Kiasupoh

Reaction score
I thought it comes with free premium beverage package. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Been in Palace Suites 4 times. Last time about 3 months ago when they gutted the Palace buffet.
Use to eat only in this buffet. They had Alaskan King Crab, abalone, lobster, very fine lamb chop and other Japanese food. Now only some salad, soup and dessert and main menu, steak or lobster.
If you don't drink now it is really no different from Balcony. Cabin is twice Balcony size.
Steak I get it in the free Chinese restaurant. It is the same steak you get in the Mark Best steakhouse.

datolim

Reaction score
I thought it comes with free premium beverage package. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes it does.
For the 3N cruise it cost $540 to upgrade from balcony to palace. If you just want to buy the premium beverage package you pay $225 which is almost 1/2 of the upgrade to palace already.

Kiasupoh

Reaction score
$540 is based on per pax or per cabin?

Yes it does.
For the 3N cruise it cost $540 to upgrade from balcony to palace. If you just want to buy the premium beverage package you pay $225 which is almost 1/2 of the upgrade to palace already.

kia0042

Reaction score

I have experienced staying in Palace cabin for a few times and I love cabin 11290 particularly !=:p I always request for this cabin whenever GD gives me suite. It is a deluxe suite that have the bedroom and living room separated by partition wall instead of curtain and a very spacious balcony where can accommodate 20 people to hold a party! :s13:. Compared to the Palace cabins at level 15, palace deluxe cabins are located level 13 and below either in front or very rear of the ship.

The buffet at level 17 is not as good compared to early this year, food are getting lesser and lesser, still very much better than Lido though. The reason for lesser food serve at level 17 could be because palace guests can have their free meals at the paid restaurants, I myself like Umi Uma Japanese restaurant and mostly settle my lunch and dinner there. My last long distance trip to Philippines 6d5n no longer allow Palace guests to have 2 meals at paid restaurants but once a day. :(

Free wifi for all Palace guests, although a normal Palace cabin only accommodate 4 guests but they allow wifi setting up to 7 devices. So.... you know what you can do when you have friends who are not traveling on Palace.... ;):D

Palace guest entire free Classic beverage package and not the premium package which serve hard liqor.

I have not pay for my cruise except my "virgin" trip last year March. GD is currently promoting their Palace suite which it very attractive, grab it before they are all gone because my previous enquiry on Palace is $2250 for a person to travel on a 3D2N cruise. Palace suite comes with free wifi package per pax is about $50, classic beverage package $90, free shore excusion $50, 3 free meals at paid restaurants about $150, butler and priority services . Comp balcony is not possible to use cash to top up to Palace suite and if guest travel on paid cruise, the fee paid for a balcony cabin is about $400 per pax + if the upgrade fee is $540, total $940 which is almost the same rate as their current promotion, must well book Palace directly and save all the trouble to upgrade onboard. Moreover, Palace guests can start to receive priority services upon arrival at MBCCS.

Phew ~~~ I seldom type so many words here.... :s22:

Ahboy44

Reaction score
I have experienced staying in Palace cabin for a few times and I love cabin 11290 particularly !=:p I always request for this cabin whenever GD gives me suite. It is a deluxe suite that have the bedroom and living room separated by partition wall instead of curtain and a very spacious balcony where can accommodate 20 people to hold a party! :s13:. Compared to the Palace cabins at level 15, palace deluxe cabins are located level 13 and below either in front or very rear of the ship.

The buffet at level 17 is not as good compared to early this year, food are getting lesser and lesser, still very much better than Lido though. The reason for lesser food serve at level 17 could be because palace guests can have their free meals at the paid restaurants, I myself like Umi Uma Japanese restaurant and mostly settle my lunch and dinner there. My last long distance trip to Philippines 6d5n no longer allow Palace guests to have 2 meals at paid restaurants but once a day. :(

Free wifi for all Palace guests, although a normal Palace cabin only accommodate 4 guests but they allow wifi setting up to 7 devices. So.... you know what you can do when you have friends who are not traveling on Palace.... ;):D

Palace guest entire free Classic beverage package and not the premium package which serve hard liqor.

I have not pay for my cruise except my "virgin" trip last year March. GD is currently promoting their Palace suite which it very attractive, grab it before they are all gone because my previous enquiry on Palace is $2250 for a person to travel on a 3D2N cruise. Palace suite comes with free wifi package per pax is about $50, classic beverage package $90, free shore excusion $50, 3 free meals at paid restaurants about $150, butler and priority services . Comp balcony is not possible to use cash to top up to Palace suite and if guest travel on paid cruise, the fee paid for a balcony cabin is about $400 per pax + if the upgrade fee is $540, total $940 which is almost the same rate as their current promotion, must well book Palace directly and save all the trouble to upgrade onboard. Moreover, Palace guests can start to receive priority services upon arrival at MBCCS.

Phew ~~~ I seldom type so many words here.... :s22:

For 3D2N cruise it's SGD 2250 Per pax so expensive. Is it for the whole suite cabin or per passenger.

Ahboy44

Reaction score

When did they start to serve the steak in Chinese restaurant? The steak is totally different quality. Steak at lower dream dining is much tougher and they rarely able to do the steak accordingly to what is requested. Usually it taste like well done.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.