Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Mitsubishi Electric or Heavy industries, which retailer would be recommended? Gain City, Best Denki, Courts etc.? In terms of installation wise, which one is better?

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Reaction score
May I know how much did u guys normally set what air con Celsius cos my air con new ard 6 months u on at 22 c like not normal air. Also may I know did u guys set fan mode with ac running? Set fan Auto or set at lowest?

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Main board for my almost 8 year old Fujitsu system 3 AC spoilt.

Aircon service guy recommend this set up @ $2900

zlrf34.jpg

Is it good enough for 3 bed rooms? Or do i need to upsize the compressor?

Or go for something else totally?

Last edited:

BanEle

Master Member
Reaction score
If all 3 rooms are turn on at the same time, it may take slightly longer for all the rooms to be cooled.

If 2 rooms are turn on most of the time, it is good enough.

Or, you can turn on 2 rooms, wait 15 min to turn on the other air con in the last room.

If you wish to use it during the day time too, it is likely good enough for 2 room max.

This setup is modest in term of coldness.

Main board for my almost 8 year old Fujitsu system 3 AC spoilt.

Aircon service guy recommend this set up @ $2900

zlrf34.jpg

Is it good enough for 3 bed rooms? Or do i need to upsize the compressor?

Or go for something else totally?

benoit_nly

Reaction score
For Mitsubishi Electric or Heavy industries, which retailer would be recommended? Gain City, Best Denki, Courts etc.? In terms of installation wise, which one is better?

installed my heavy industries with newway a few years back and works very well till now.

Also bought the new heavy industries 5 ticks from them for my grandma's house in march. looks better than my current model and works great!

as a mech engineer, i think their product knowledge and workmanship is better compared to normal retailers. you get more solid advice than sales talk i feel.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If all 3 rooms are turn on at the same time, it may take slightly longer for all the rooms to be cooled.

If 2 rooms are turn on most of the time, it is good enough.

Or, you can turn on 2 rooms, wait 15 min to turn on the other air con in the last room.

If you wish to use it during the day time too, it is likely good enough for 2 room max.

This setup is modest in term of coldness.

Thanks, i notice that there are 3 models, FN10VE, FN13VE and FN18VE doe sit mean i can choose which indoor unit i want?

Will it work better if i upsize the compressor from MXY-3G28VA2 to MXY-4G38VA2 Outdoor Unit, does it work this way?

iberis

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if there is a bend through the wall to another room, is it avoidable that they have to cut the pipe at the bend and not able to use bender tool?

Also vendors told me use flared joint is possible to leak, not necessarily blazed joint with vacuum clean is weaker then flared joint? True or false?

BanEle

Master Member
Reaction score
My opinion is assuming all 3 rooms are FN10. FN10 is good enough for the bedrooms.

If you upsize the compressor, it is likely you want to push the desired temp to 18 deg or use it during day time or you just want a very cold room by spending a bit more.

Thanks, i notice that there are 3 models, FN10VE, FN13VE and FN18VE doe sit mean i can choose which indoor unit i want?

Will it work better if i upsize the compressor from MXY-3G28VA2 to MXY-4G38VA2 Outdoor Unit, does it work this way?

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My opinion is assuming all 3 rooms are FN10. FN10 is good enough for the bedrooms.

If you upsize the compressor, it is likely you want to push the desired temp to 18 deg or use it during day time or you just want a very cold room by spending a bit more.

Thanks for the recommendation,

Yes you are correct, it is for 3 bedrooms.

No, i do not want 18 deg for my rooms. I am looking at the upsized compressor because it is the spec of my current fujitsu one. I am looking for a faster cooling of my bedrooms as i only switch on the AC max 30 mins before i go to sleep. Not sure if it will work as I had imagined it to be.

20tl4q9.jpg

Last edited:

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
26 deg c for me. Aircon is darn cold. Installed in June 2019. Toshiba. Never used fan mode coz if too cold I turn on ceiling fan.

May I know how much did u guys normally set what air con Celsius cos my air con new ard 6 months u on at 22 c like not normal air. Also may I know did u guys set fan mode with ac running? Set fan Auto or set at lowest?

BanEle

Master Member
Reaction score
The pic showed that the compressor is connected to a 14k fcu and 2x 9k fcu.

It explains why they provide a higher compressor. It can allow the 14k and 9k fcus to turn on at the same time.

It really depends on your usage, room environment, budget shall you want to upgrade to a stronger compressor.

My opinion is. Sg very hot. It only get hotter. So a stronger compressor will provide a better experience in the long run. You don't want to feel ai ya, should have get a stronger compressor. The room still not cool enough.

Thanks for the recommendation,

Yes you are correct, it is for 3 bedrooms.

No, i do not want 18 deg for my rooms. I am looking at the upsized compressor because it is the spec of my current fujitsu one. I am looking for a faster cooling of my bedrooms as i only switch on the AC max 30 mins before i go to sleep. Not sure if it will work as I had imagined it to be.

craigchua

Reaction score
Confirm something wrong, could be gas leakage. Ask the installer to come check, under 1year warranty

craigchua

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if there is a bend through the wall to another room, is it avoidable that they have to cut the pipe at the bend and not able to use bender tool?

Also vendors told me use flared joint is possible to leak, not necessarily blazed joint with vacuum clean is weaker then flared joint? True or false?
The bigger the copper pipe, the harder to bend it nicely to fit thru wall. Lack of space for them to bend it is most likely the case. That’s why have to cut.

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think need to factor in other variables too. My new ME living room aircon during the day, can't cool below 25 deg ambient regardless of set temp. This is due to air "leakage" from edges of kitchen doors, 3x bedroom doors, store room doors, having to cool the old entrance area and bedroom corridor, sunlight from the balcony as well as the condenser facing direct sunlight from late morning till sunset.

At night though, it can easily drive temperature below 24 deg ambient and setting the aircon to 26 is more than sufficient (fan 3).

For bedrooms (Sharp aircon), normally it's 24-25deg for me.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My opinion is. Sg very hot. It only get hotter. So a stronger compressor will provide a better experience in the long run. You don't want to feel ai ya, should have get a stronger compressor. The room still not cool enough.

Good argument. My thoughts exactly as well.

a step up to bigger compressor that can power 4 fcus it shall be.

Jimbeam89

Reaction score

Had a similar issue with the ME Starmex Inverter I bought, but it started from day 2, got gain city guys to come down and check and found out there was some unexplainable motor issue, causing the voltage to surge every 10-15 mins, got a replacement unit and no issues anymore.

Reaction score
Hi, I don’t install AC in the living room. only want to install in 3 bedrooms at night, 2 rooms facing west and master room facing south.

If I on only night time, imagine no hot sun and external temperature not hot, can I choose the MKS65QVMG.

To help me in my understanding, can advice again
1) I don’t see much coil unit running at 6k but?
2) Will it be a case that if I only run 3x9kbtu but choose a compressor that is higher and not standard combo for the 5 ticks, in this case MKS80QVMG instead of MKS65QVMG I will ending spending my electricity bill like a 4 ticks since the annual difference is more than $149?
3) Should it be better for me to shop for 4 ticks that work well with consideration of annual bill it generate or should I just close 1 eye and choose the 5 ticks standard combo since it probably won’t be too hot at night to cool to rooms down?

Thanks

if you turn on 3 indoor units for 3 rooms during sun set 4pm to 7pm, the 2 rooms facing west will require 8k btu or higher to maintain 25c temp, MKS65QVMG rated cooling capacity of 6kw will not stay at 6kw it will be at least 6.7kw, 2.35kw x 2 for the 2 rooms facing west and 2kw for master room.

setting the fan speed to 1 or quiet mode to maintain lower humidity below 50% for the room facing west during sun set, the btu will be 9k+, cooling capacity 2.8kw, master room 8.5k btu cooling capacity 2.5kw.

petetherock

Reaction score
Good argument. My thoughts exactly as well.

a step up to bigger compressor that can power 4 fcus it shall be.

+1
It’s a little similar to TVs. Don’t get the smaller screen only to regret once you sit down and use it :)

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I purchased Samsung air conditioning system 4 from Gain City. Is Samsung new to the market? Is it any good?
-Was recommended this for system 4
X3 9 btu for 3 bedrooms
X1 24 btu for living/dining room
X1 38 btu compressor at service yrd

I would choose Gain City/Courts, don't think I will go with HN

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.