[Club Discussion]AMD Ryzen Members Club

ah_khoo

Reaction score
unfortunately my board and CPU from Amazon, so RMA is gonna be a nightmare :o
not sure if Asus or AMD comes with international warranty

and because my system is running on hard tubes, I will need to fully drain my system and have it disassembled to take out the board and CPU for testing :p

wait bro... isn't it asus atas models support USB flashback? try that 1st if really supported. hardtube is really PITA but chio... :o

SGJoe86

Reaction score
wait bro... isn't it asus atas models support USB flashback? try that 1st if really supported. hardtube is really PITA but chio... :o
Already tried that, no luck. Chatted with Asus tech support from US, they suspect either CPU or the board socket died. They asked me to bench test with a spare CPU first, if confirm board spoil, then can proceed to RMA.

So far AMD have international warranty, but will most probably be looking at international shipping since it wasn't bought from local distro. I'm out of luck with Asus, so that one confirm have to ship back to US to RMA if confirm board spoil.

SGJoe86

Reaction score
if it's within warranty & nothing but a bad flash (no physical damage) they would still honor the RMA, no? :s11:

if ur in Fernvale/One North area i can tloan u a 200GE for a day or 2 bro. :)
Would gladly take up on that offer, but I will have to get ready to tear everything apart first and find my stock air cooler again.
I work at Tuas, stay at Bukit Batok (PC is here), PC parts and stock air cooler back at Hougang. In the midst of preparing to move house, my logistics is a nightmare, so this issue happens to me at the worst possible timing.

Reaction score
3-4 days depending when they ship it out from time of order

Noctua jin efficient:s22:

YO1bis7.jpg

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would gladly take up on that offer, but I will have to get ready to tear everything apart first and find my stock air cooler again.
I work at Tuas, stay at Bukit Batok (PC is here), PC parts and stock air cooler back at Hougang. In the midst of preparing to move house, my logistics is a nightmare, so this issue happens to me at the worst possible timing.

I have a spare working 1800x cos upgraded to 3800x if still need to borrow

ah_khoo

Reaction score
Will be able to meet at one north on next monday bro, lemme know if ur ok with it. :)

FreewayJet

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone kindly loan me a gen 1 or 2 ryzen cpu? I will glady meet or go to your convenience. First time on amd platform, only after buying the parts and installing today that I realised I need to flash the b450 with a compatible cpu before I can use it with the 3600. The dram led is lit with red light, however I think its the bios issue and gigabyte does not come with q flash plus for the b450 aorus m.

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone kindly loan me a gen 1 or 2 ryzen cpu? I will glady meet or go to your convenience. First time on amd platform, only after buying the parts and installing today that I realised I need to flash the b450 with a compatible cpu before I can use it with the 3600. The dram led is lit with red light, however I think its the bios issue and gigabyte does not come with q flash plus for the b450 aorus m.

Local stocks? Check if distro can flash for you?

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh yay, finally validated bios with 1003AB for my C6H

Version 7306
2019/08/1510.23 MBytes
CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS 7306
Update AM4 Combo PI 1.0.0.3 Patch AB.
Update overclocking auto-rules for Ryzen 3000 CPUs.
" Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C6H.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.''

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so it seems that this is the correct behaviour for my 3700x, not the 3.95ish i was observing on 1002-based (read: pre-release) bios

9uEZvzP.png

FreewayJet

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no, I bought the motherboard from amazon and bought the local stock 3600 :s22: so is either I try and find a cpu to flash, or return the motherboard

reaverx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey can i just check if anyone got a spare ryzen mobo lying ard

which i can borrow ? cos i bought ryzen cpu + ram from new egg

but still have yet to get a mobo . so was wondering if can borrow :D

will return in a day or 2 . im living NE side

Psycovirus

Reaction score
hey can i just check if anyone got a spare ryzen mobo lying ard

which i can borrow ? cos i bought ryzen cpu + ram from new egg

but still have yet to get a mobo . so was wondering if can borrow :D

will return in a day or 2 . im living NE side

Don't know if its still avaliable but you can loan Asus Products to test.

Asus Pilot Program: Experience Asus/ROG Products

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Unfortunately no, I bought the motherboard from amazon and bought the local stock 3600 :s22: so is either I try and find a cpu to flash, or return the motherboard
If not local stock, you can still loan processor from AMD ma... As long as you provide them with their required info

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.