Anyone book Disneyland Hotel before in Tokyo?

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
Dont forget to download the official disney app. I think it is only searchable once you're in JP. Features useful wait times, delays, etc. If it's your first time there, it's even more useful as the live location is quite accurate.

https://tdrexplorer.com/official-tokyo-disney-resort-app/
I think it is not dependent on where you are but which country your app store is linked to.

There are unofficial ones available to us in the app store but somehow they cannot last more than a year. Just download one when the date draws nearer.

thwysg

Reaction score
Tue to Thurs is a better option actually. Fri and Mon usually have more people due to people starting the week early or extending their weekend. There is a page to check the expected crowd level at the parks. Let me find it to share here.

To add on, the Japanese school do bring the students on excursion to the theme parks.

Yup. I’ve been there on Mondays before. Crazy crowds too. Think now might be worse since there’s more foreign tourists in the parks compared to 10 years ago.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. I’ve been there on Mondays before. Crazy crowds too. Think now might be worse since there’s more foreign tourists in the parks compared to 10 years ago.

Tue to Thurs is a better option actually. Fri and Mon usually have more people due to people starting the week early or extending their weekend. There is a page to check the expected crowd level at the parks. Let me find it to share here.

To add on, the Japanese school do bring the students on excursion to the theme parks.

Think no matter what sure have crowd la. but i'm sure Monday beats Sunday. Anyway Monday first day there. Most likely will just enjoy some shows and walk around. 2+AM flight arrive at going to 10am.

But yah after some online research seems like you're right. Tues to Thurs is best option. aiya. i already book my flight liao. sian.

Edit: Bluetwinkle, think you referring to this site right. http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

yah monday seems like a bit busy still on most monday. siannnn should have gone tuesday then.

Last edited:

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wanna ask does any one have any experience with the airport limo to disneyland straight? Does it get sold out often?

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
Think no matter what sure have crowd la. but i'm sure Monday beats Sunday. Anyway Monday first day there. Most likely will just enjoy some shows and walk around. 2+AM flight arrive at going to 10am.

But yah after some online research seems like you're right. Tues to Thurs is best option. aiya. i already book my flight liao. sian.

Edit: Bluetwinkle, think you referring to this site right. http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

yah monday seems like a bit busy still on most monday. siannnn should have gone tuesday then.
Yes. This is the site I am referring to. For the past 2 years, I have visited on the week you are going or after.

Pretty accurate in my opinion as I do use app to check the wait times for queue and the Fridays following my visit had longer wait times.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. This is the site I am referring to. For the past 2 years, I have visited on the week you are going or after.

Pretty accurate in my opinion as I do use app to check the wait times for queue and the Fridays following my visit had longer wait times.

You make me really want to change my flight to tuesday. lol. but aiya... nvm... my first day there probably just going to see shows and stuff since i will only enter disneyland maybe past 1pm.

korosensei

Reaction score
wanna ask does any one have any experience with the airport limo to disneyland straight? Does it get sold out often?

unless peak season, should be ok.

some tips, if u can eat at magellan's (lunch usually cheaper).request for the "secret" room.

disney sea hottest rides: toy story mania, tower of terror, and the latest "soaring".

Disneyland hottest rides: pooh honey hunt, monster inc,

The rest of the rides should have no problem with fast passes.

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
You make me really want to change my flight to tuesday. lol. but aiya... nvm... my first day there probably just going to see shows and stuff since i will only enter disneyland maybe past 1pm.
Haha. You need to change your room booking first. The flight is ok. Just overnight somewhere first. Red eye flights can be tiring.

unless peak season, should be ok.

some tips, if u can eat at magellan's (lunch usually cheaper).request for the "secret" room.

disney sea hottest rides: toy story mania, tower of terror, and the latest "soaring".

Disneyland hottest rides: pooh honey hunt, monster inc,

The rest of the rides should have no problem with fast passes.
Honestly, Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo Disneyland is overrated and FastPass runs out relatively fast. It is probably popular for kids who may have limited rides. If one has tried the one in Hong Kong Disneyland, it is worth giving it a miss. Even if one can get a FastPass, one might want use the FastPass chance on something else.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha. You need to change your room booking first. The flight is ok. Just overnight somewhere first. Red eye flights can be tiring.

Honestly, Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo Disneyland is overrated and FastPass runs out relatively fast. It is probably popular for kids who may have limited rides. If one has tried the one in Hong Kong Disneyland, it is worth giving it a miss. Even if one can get a FastPass, one might want use the FastPass chance on something else.

Yea..maybe just stay a random place on Monday then. Was thinking to move less times the luggage. But guess if wanna get better experience in disney land should try to arrive earlier in the morning.

korosensei

Reaction score
Yea..maybe just stay a random place on Monday then. Was thinking to move less times the luggage. But guess if wanna get better experience in disney land should try to arrive earlier in the morning.

ideally, you should be at the gates 1hr before the opening time, rush for the FP at the most popular ride, and go ride the next popular ride.

then slowly take your time to enjoy the rest of the park :)

korosensei

Reaction score
H

TDL hunny hunt is actually the best iteration of the pooh ride. It uses a trackless ride system together with a random program to ensure that every ride is a little bit different.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ideally, you should be at the gates 1hr before the opening time, rush for the FP at the most popular ride, and go ride the next popular ride.

true. but then again i have 3 days there.

1st day disneyland, then night go back ambassador hotel sleep.
2nd day morning wake up go eat chef mickey then go disney sea. night go back disneyland hotel sleep.
3rd day wake up go disneyland again.

haiya. now i really trying to find a place to crash on the 1st night. lol. thinking is being there few hours earlier worth all these trouble.

EDIT: Think I will just go down on the first day when I land. Too troublesome to find an extra day to crash and plan places to go for 1 day. Thanks for suggestions though! Hope my monday there won;t be a pain haha.

But then again... If really cannot enjoy 1 of the place to full I guess I can just always go back another day on some random day during my stay. :D

Last edited:

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure if its the same, just sharing my experience as i went disney sea a few days ago

1) dl the app and see which are the popular attractions (>150 mins queue time)

2) be there early, at least 1 hour before opening

3) split up, 1 go for fast pass ticket, 1 go to queue for another attraction

4) repeat 3 until no more fast pass available (you may get a fast pass every 2 hours)

5) try to complete all attractions with fast pass, they are usually the popular attractions

6) queue time for attraction without fast pass are usually less than 30 mins, thus you can slot them in your pocket of time

7) if possible eat your meals during off peak, eg 3-4pm, pple eat you play, pple play you eat

8) f&b there are reasonably priced

Last edited:

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question guys. Anyone stayed at Celebration Hotel before? The Hotel Bus to disneyland / Disney sea allow you to take luggage?

Last edited:

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys... any one of you stayed 3d2n on disney resort and also booked 3 day pass before? How you all enjoy the last day since you cannot go back to hotel and bathe after check out?

bluetwinkle

Reaction score

He should be entitled to Happy 15 entry. It should not be so stressful. I left the room at MiraCosta at about 0740-0745 and still enjoyed Toy Story twice in an hour with one ride using the Regular FastPass and another by queueing.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He should be entitled to Happy 15 entry. It should not be so stressful. I left the room at MiraCosta at about 0740-0745 and still enjoyed Toy Story twice in an hour with one ride using the Regular FastPass and another by queueing.

waking up so early is going to be the problem HAHA... and I plan to have breakfast too in the hotel. wanna try to book Chef's mickey on one of the morning.

I just safekeep my luggage with the concierge after check-out and collect when I am ready to leave the resort.

ahh.. okok. but cannot bathe after that.. luckily in december probably won't perspire

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
TDL hunny hunt is actually the best iteration of the pooh ride. It uses a trackless ride system together with a random program to ensure that every ride is a little bit different.
We had a different opinion of the ride. Using the kids' decisions as a benchmark, the kids were more than keen to go multiple times in Hong Kong but they didn't even want to go a second time in Tokyo even though we still had many FastPass left.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.