SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 10

Happylucky96

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I passed bridging hence I'm in Year 2. Just gotten my results, passed my POA and MSM but failed CMC and POM. Is it still possible to complete my degree in 1 year time ?

ForsakenOne

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I passed bridging hence I'm in Year 2. Just gotten my results, passed my POA and MSM but failed CMC and POM. Is it still possible to complete my degree in 1 year time ?

f im not wrong, u can only take maximum of 5mods per year. If only left with 5 mods, still possible for u to grad in 1 year

Happylucky96

Reaction score
Meaning I cant graduate in 1 year time since I failed 2 mods... Am I right ? Because for last year I have to take 4 new modules ?

tryingtosurvive

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I going to accounting and finance for y2, may i know is there any recommended modules should I take if my theory isn't that good? My y1 grade wasn't up to my standard so i want to score better but I think my theory suck so I'm thinking for going more calculation based module

norahswong

Reaction score
Hi year 1 accounting and finance student here. Just gotten my results. Do you take the average of your best 3 in first year to calculate or?

Uolbnf2423

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone have Nic woo and Darrell Chay’s email? Or any other recommendations for audit and ESAP lecturer?

Have some emails to share too!
Subramaniam
Manfred
Andy
William
Thng Kok Wai
Lilibeth
Diana

Please email me at uolbnf@hotmail (.) com (remove the bracket and spaces) as I can’t send pm yet

Last edited:

Jlocke364

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a year 2 student and have some genuine doubts on degree classification. Maybe some of you guys can explain to me?

These are my grades thus far:

1st year:
Intro to Econs - 70
Math 1 - 77
Stats 1 - 77
Intro to Political Science - 67
Intro to Political Thought- 63

2nd year:
Macroeconomics- 75
Microeconomics- 80
Comparative Politics - 55
Democracy and Democratisation - 59

I know i already secured 2 As this year and I will get to use both of them. But i am unsure if how many As i can take from the first year?
How many more As must i achieve to get a first class honours degree?

Thanks in advance.

Uolbnf2423

Reaction score
Have emails to the following lecturers for the following modules. Will be replying to PMs as often as i can.

AC1025 POA - Balwant
AC2091 FR - Sunny / Joanna Chia
AC2097 MA - Balwant / Joanna Chia / Mok Tian Soon
AC3059 FM - Chong CS / Ivy Cheong / Sunny
AC3093 AA - Nicholas Woo
EC2066 MICRO - Sovan
MN2032 MSM - David Quek
MT2076 MM - Kumar / Dr Krishnan

Also giving away hardcopy notes+PYP for FR / MA / FM / AA. Do PM me if you want them!

Hi, do you mind sending me nic woo’s mail? Sorry as I cant pm yet ):

brandylol

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a year 2 student and have some genuine doubts on degree classification. Maybe some of you guys can explain to me?

These are my grades thus far:

1st year:
Intro to Econs - 70
Math 1 - 77
Stats 1 - 77
Intro to Political Science - 67
Intro to Political Thought- 63

2nd year:
Macroeconomics- 75
Microeconomics- 80
Comparative Politics - 55
Democracy and Democratisation - 59

I know i already secured 2 As this year and I will get to use both of them. But i am unsure if how many As i can take from the first year?
How many more As must i achieve to get a first class honours degree?

Thanks in advance.

Hey there!

Basically to get an overall first class honours degree u need to have either 5As or 4As with an overall score of 590.

Your Y1 results are calculated as follows:
[70 + (77+77)/2 + 67] / 3 = 71 (1st Module)
It is the average of the best 3 modules which for u is Intro to Econs, (Stats 1 + Math 1), and Intro to Pol Science

Your results for Y2 mods are taken as they are, this means u essentially have 3 As so far: Your Y1 average (1st Module), Macroecons (2nd Module), Microecons (3rd Module).

Therefore, for your final year, if you can get 2 more As or 1 more A but have an overall score of 590, you’ll secure your FCH.
Hope this helps!

Monochrome77

Reaction score
Have emails to the following lecturers for the following modules. Will be replying to PMs as often as i can.

AC1025 POA - Balwant
AC2091 FR - Sunny / Joanna Chia
AC2097 MA - Balwant / Joanna Chia / Mok Tian Soon
AC3059 FM - Chong CS / Ivy Cheong / Sunny
AC3093 AA - Nicholas Woo
EC2066 MICRO - Sovan
MN2032 MSM - David Quek
MT2076 MM - Kumar / Dr Krishnan

Also giving away hardcopy notes+PYP for FR / MA / FM / AA. Do PM me if you want them!
Hi can I have MM - Kumar and MA - Mok Tian Soon 's email?
Thank you so much!

potatofantasy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I going to accounting and finance for y2, may i know is there any recommended modules should I take if my theory isn't that good? My y1 grade wasn't up to my standard so i want to score better but I think my theory suck so I'm thinking for going more calculation based module

Try Management Science Methods! It's quite easy to score. And its very Math heavy.
And if you are very confident in your Math, you can also try Management Mathematics.

benedict97

Reaction score
Hiii, any good lecturer to recommend for Microeconomics (EC2066), Financial Reporting (AC2091) and Auditing and Assurance (AC3093)? If yes, can you also leave their email address or their timetable?

Or you can telegram me @kayosx

Thankyouverymuch!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.