Car insurance premium after claim

MrBombastic82

Reaction score
Hi bros,

Any advice on how much insurance premium will go up after two claims? It’s my second claim this year; the first claim was a minor one (Merc driver wanting to charge $2k for small dent after car door open at car park) so this wiped out my NcD.
just kena a back to front accident after front car jammed brake.. so thinking whether to privately settle or go thru insurance

Thx in advance!

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
you open door so hard until conti door can have dent? :s22:

loading will depend on how much is being claimed. Generally private settlement is the best unless cannot afford.
Drive safe and don't tailgate.

-nyox-

Master Member
Reaction score
You were the rear vehicle? Is so, 100% liability on you. Better to resolve privately if dmg is not serious.

For the first claim, why did you even allow the Merc driver to claim for a door dent? Should have privately settled.

bh10101

Reaction score
You were the rear vehicle? Is so, 100% liability on you. Better to resolve privately if dmg is not serious.

For the first claim, why did you even allow the Merc driver to claim for a door dent? Should have privately settled.

in the first place, is the dent cause by TS? or TS did the scratch (instead of dent) when parking? :s12:

very suspicious to the TS statement :s13:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just go for instalment lor, most insurance companies offer 12 month based on POSB Cards.

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
Hi bros,

Any advice on how much insurance premium will go up after two claims? It’s my second claim this year; the first claim was a minor one (Merc driver wanting to charge $2k for small dent after car door open at car park) so this wiped out my NcD.
just kena a back to front accident after front car jammed brake.. so thinking whether to privately settle or go thru insurance

Thx in advance!

Wa incredible hulk you

Open door can cause Mercedes door dent

Posted from PCWX using Eat Drink Drive Repeat

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Open door dings got people claim insurance one meh?
Usually I just take it as part n parcel of owning car. One day u ding people , next day people ding you. Claim for wat .

MrBombastic82

Reaction score
ISVQnCn.jpg

It was a new merc, here was what C&C quoted-> how to private settle for such a small dent..
repair fender $940, repaint fender $600, loss of use of car$540

zzt231

Banned
Reaction score
Bo Liao. How can claim dents, u insist not u, who can confirm

Siao

Sent from Xiaomi MI 6 using GAGT

ryuxdragonx

Reaction score
ISVQnCn.jpg

It was a new merc, here was what C&C quoted-> how to private settle for such a small dent..

First time I hear people claim for this kind of thing. You never take care not to hit other people car when you open your door meh.

bh10101

Reaction score
although the photo looks slightly blury..
but still can see a "less than 5 cents coin" paint chip off + a few lines of scratches too.

this is more than just open door incident.. :s12:

First time I hear people claim for this kind of thing. You never take care not to hit other people car when you open your door meh.

ISVQnCn.jpg

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
2 claims in 1 year. Your premiums will confirm be loaded.

Did the merz driver try to ‘chop’ you when you wanted to settle privately? Because for such relatively minor damage to claim, it’s not worth it at all. If claiming was the only way to prevent kenna chop carrot, then also got to llst.

The good thing is that your claim amounts are not very high so other insurers may still be willing to offer you a reasonable premium. Don’t go to the major players because their premiums are already jacked up from the start.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
my advise to you.

just report to your insurer what has happened.
in anyway, you stand a chance to win if you report.
because by not reporting, the implication on you will be very bad.

your insurer will only pay to the merz's repair if only your own insurer is satisfied that the chip is caused by you, that this chip can be caused by opening door.

this is infact, a very hard to debate case.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Premium increase depends a lot on the claims amount also, but rest assured, 30K claims won't increase your premium by 2K.

1K thereabouts tops maybe. They would need you to continue renewing with them so that they can earn back your insurance amount.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.