The bears den

churnmaster

Reaction score
Where is the bull market outside US? See most global markets have gone nowhere in ages. US markets are up only due to buy backs. I read somewhere, if you remove buybacks, then US earnings are in a recession.

Buybacks is due to unsustainable tax cuts and deficits in the US. USD is the world reserve currency so they were able to do the tax cuts. But how sustainable is that?

I agree with you . . most markets have either already rolled over or are rolling over ... US is the one which is holding up. I closed most of my SG shorts yesterday and today however now I think need to maintain and trade short for few more days / weeks.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Y4fQS13.jpg

MrHighlander

Master Member
Reaction score
I realized one shitty thing

When IWDA/VWRA/EIMI is down, USD is up and away - so even the absolute price of these ETFs are cheaper, it’s not really cause you need more SGD to buy at that same USD price. It balances out somewhat !

Pretty yucky

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
supposed to sleep 11pm to watch liverpool match at 3a.m. this one more exciting :s22::s22:

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

When IWDA/VWRA/EIMI is down, USD is up and away - so even the absolute price of these ETFs are cheaper, it’s not really cause you need more SGD to buy at that same USD price. It balances out somewhat !

Pretty yucky

Yes, indeed. In Jan 2018, when markets were Uber bullish, USDSGD was 1.3, cannot imagine getting that price now.

FrostWurm

Master Member
Reaction score

Pretty yucky

I don't know about you, but I would really cry looking at my portfolio if the USD went down all the way, although it would be a great time for vacation in Hawaii :s13:.

MrHighlander

Master Member
Reaction score
I think the joker below, once he sees real messages of some substance, just jump in and tries to kill it off

Where’s the moderator ? Pls BAN this clown forever

theMKR

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally!!! is this the start of the waking of bears?

my tsla finally green after i short avg at 228... being crying the entire mth liao

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally!!! is this the start of the waking of bears?

my tsla finally green after i short avg at 228... being crying the entire mth liao
Don't think so though, there is another thread about the last minute ejaculation before the real fall in stocks. But looking at the economic situation, Europe is worst off than US. Hardly anyone sees a Black swan in US but there are quite a few warning signs in Europe. However from a global standpoint, it's quite telling when several investment banks are starting to downsize.

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
The end. :o

Trump says Fed's fault. It is too slow to lower rate.
His China whacking is not the problem.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.