[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 9

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agreed w you! Dislike carrying luggage and change hotel every few other days too, super tiring that’s why was thinking of sticking w Taipei thru out. But, someone point out abt doing day trip which was great idea!!

Taiwan is well connected by rail system.
So it's generally okay to keep bulk of stuff in taipei, and move out for a day or two with day pack.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U come out at 10+ issit?
Few occasion i went at 9am still many
Anyway i go for snacks n soft drinks more haa

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

for the few days i stayed there, i only tried one morning, around 9+. 1 plate of tea eggs was served and everyone grab. i being civil decided to move on. haha...

339IQEUX933

Reaction score
What is the price for booking the cab for 1 day trip fro JiuFen? Going there in Oct'19.
For 6 day 5 night trip, any iterinary to share for Taipei Trip especially must go place?
What is the best location to stay in Taipei? I am looking to stay around Xi Meng Ting and hotel such as Via or Just Sleep. Any suggestion on Hotel? PM me. Thanks in advance

What is the price for booking the cab for 1 day trip fro JiuFen?
Here's a taipei driver contact. I feel that he is experienced and good. Andy(阿偉 Ah Wei)
Whatsapp:+886986669990 /Line ID:0986669990

Going there in Oct'19.
For 6 day 5 night trip, any iterinary to share for Taipei Trip especially must go place?

Here are some places that you can go. Because I'm planning my trip to taiwan next year, so these are my KIV places. Maybe you can filter some places out from this list..
Beitou,yeliou,yangmingshan,shilin night market
Jiufen,shifen,hepingdao park,yingyanghai ,keelung night market, xiangshan(taipei101),wufenpu,ximending,maokong,yongkang street,taipei underground shopping,raohe night market ,ningxia night market

What is the best location to stay in Taipei? I am looking to stay around Xi Meng Ting and hotel such as Via or Just Sleep. Any suggestion on Hotel?
For my last trip, I stayed at midtown Richardson. Its is located at a very convenient location. But the lift could be very congested during morning breakfast timing, check in/out timing and at night when everyone is heading back to hotel because they have many rooms.
I saw this hotel online(planning to stay there for my trip next year), taisugar hotel which is also located at the stretch between ximending and taipei station. The price I feel is acceptable too. But I can't promise it's a good hotel or not. It's just a suggestion. The location is not bad because its walking distance to taipei station and ximending is just opposite the hotel.

I hope this could help you in your itinerary planning for your trip!
Enjoy!!!:)

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
You can try making a reservation for Starbucks at Taipei 101. The minimal charge is NT$200. Time limit is 90 minutes.

Can consider going to Yangmingshan and/or Bali + Danshui. After which, evening can head to the Shilin Night Market. I don't fancy Shilin Night Market. Suggesting this only cos it's in the vicinity.

I would like to ask:

1) for those whom went to Yangmingshan, is doing it by public transport back and forth possible?

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
I would like to ask:

1) for those whom went to Yangmingshan, is doing it by public transport back and forth possible?

Yes, Yangmingshan can be done by public transport. Aiyo.... Just Google and you have the answers. Google results will also tell you what bus to take and from where to take.

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By public transport, is it possible to do yangmingshan in the morning till say 2pm then go to shifen pingxi? If it is possible, how to go to pingxi from yangmingshan by bus/ mrt route?

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
By public transport, is it possible to do yangmingshan in the morning till say 2pm then go to shifen pingxi? If it is possible, how to go to pingxi from yangmingshan by bus/ mrt route?

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Yangmingshan/Pingxi

The bus journey will take 3 hours. Are you going to stay the night in Pingxi?

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pingxi 1 day, Yangmingshan 1 day.
Not possible to do both in 1 day even if you hire driver.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok if u plan to overnight at pingxi & continue pingxi & surrounding the next day

from yangmingshan, u need come back down to taipei. take train to ruifang, then change to pingxi line.

probably doable by bus also but i haven't done this yet, so u need to check bus schedule at taipei bus terminal

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Thinking of checking out Taroko National Park. Should I book another accomodation nearer since I have already booked one in Taichung? I thought it would be better to travel to the park in the morning and then head back to my hotel in Taichung around evening time. Not planning on hiring any drivers as there are only two of us. Planning to take public transport there.

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Thinking of checking out Taroko National Park. Should I book another accomodation nearer since I have already booked one in Taichung? I thought it would be better to travel to the park in the morning and then head back to my hotel in Taichung around evening time. Not planning on hiring any drivers as there are only two of us. Planning to take public transport there.

Have you looked at the map?

The Taroko Gorge is in Hualien. Taichung and Hualien are seperated by a treacherous ridge.

Taking public transport from Taichung to Hualien will be via Taipei and the journey will take 8-9 hours.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The Taroko Gorge is in Hualien. Taichung and Hualien are seperated by a treacherous ridge.

Taking public transport from Taichung to Hualien will be via Taipei and the journey will take 8-9 hours.

Very good point.

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score

Read that it is nearer to travel there from taipei instead. Yes,looked at the map. Thought there is a shortcut linking directly from taichung to hualien and realised it is not the case.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.