2018 iPad Pro

airboyhhhh

Reaction score
Opinion

Hi guys, with the new IpadOS releasing and my uni is starting, should i get a ipad pro 11' combo with a macbook air? or the ipad pro is sufficent

I mainly wanna use the ipad pro as notetaking then for the macbook air is more of doing up powerpoint slides, essay and also day to day photoshop/lightroom usuage

My uni course does not require any software or application for computer based!

Thanks in advance!!:D:D

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, with the new IpadOS releasing and my uni is starting, should i get a ipad pro 11' combo with a macbook air? or the ipad pro is sufficent

I mainly wanna use the ipad pro as notetaking then for the macbook air is more of doing up powerpoint slides, essay and also day to day photoshop/lightroom usuage

Then don’t get MacBook. Ipad by itself is a very capable device. PowerPoint can be used by iPad Pro.

Essay can also be typed using iPad Pro. Lightweight is the best. Can even use it to play games, YouTube and multitask during lessons lol

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

As a student. You will need the Macbook still. There are things that school uses that websites that are so dated that it does not do well with touch input. These are legacy systems that still exist that roots down too deep to change easily.

iPadOS certainly helps but the sites are still not as comfortable to navigate at times.

vintot

Reaction score

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone recommend a C coder app? taking some lessons using skillsfuture credit, but i only heard of phytonista?

there is no app for coding in ios because you cant execute code ?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone recommend a C coder app? taking some lessons using skillsfuture credit, but i only heard of phytonista?

there is no app for coding in ios because you cant execute code ?

Who told you that? LOL

Try these apps "C-programming language for os", "Learn to Code with C++".

shunsuu

Reaction score
As a student. You will need the Macbook still. There are things that school uses that websites that are so dated that it does not do well with touch input. These are legacy systems that still exist that roots down too deep to change easily.

iPadOS certainly helps but the sites are still not as comfortable to navigate at times.

not to mention the joy of web surfing with adblock enabled. No ads everywhere and even on youtube (not that they have 2 ADS on some videos)

backtracker

Reaction score
Using Nano Tech -Matt Tempered Glass.
Loving it so far, don't have to deal with finger print, anti glare.
Only con is the screen looks just a tiny bit grainy which I find its worth the trade off.

vintot

Reaction score
headphones

Does apple only allowed using the original usbc to 3.5mm jack converter to work in our ipad? Bought twice (non apple), I though the first one is faulty but after I tried the 2nd still doesn't work. I've read other forums some says its not working.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure but I know that the lightning cable to 3.5 headphone works for iPads using lightning connector

coppermine

Master Member
Reaction score
Using Nano Tech -Matt Tempered Glass.
Loving it so far, don't have to deal with finger print, anti glare.
Only con is the screen looks just a tiny bit grainy which I find its worth the trade off.

I’m using the same as well. Except for the grainy, i think it’s alright for the price.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.