Wechat wallet

yamenaidepure

Reaction score
But my Visa card was readily accepted & I’ve also got my QR code now.

If cannot use in China, there should be a prompt saying I need a mainland China card right?

You can use it to pay vendor but cant transfer funds between users.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I am lucky that my main wechat pay account is still working and I can still receive 红包. But I know this may stop working any time since I do not have a mainland bank card.

Indeed it stopped working for me now even though it worked in June. They really tighten up the enforcement if you do not have a mainland bank card.

Anyway I still have RMB2900 balance in my wechat account and I can still use the balance.

Last edited:

SibehHL

Reaction score
Suspect very soon you can't even spend the money in your account... Better transfer out ASAP.

I have local bank card so not a problem.

Indeed it stopped working for me now even though it worked in June. They really tighten up the enforcement if you do not have a mainland bank card.

Anyway I still have RMB2900 balance in my wechat account and I can still use the balance.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suspect very soon you can't even spend the money in your account... Better transfer out ASAP.

I have local bank card so not a problem.

I do not think that will happen any time soon. Anyway if that happens, I have relatives with mainland China bank card to help as the last resort.

xfactor

Banned
Reaction score
我有大概$25,000 人民币 in my wechat pay, 有什么办法 can withdraw out as cash?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WeChat can only cash out by xfer to China bank account.

When my WeChat is still active, I did try put the amount back into bank, but it didn't manage to work.

Now since my WeChat pay wont work, I've been using Alipay instead.

Another method is to xfer to people can get back as cash from them. Either in RMB or SGD lor.

Alot of users want to have RMB in alipay, for Taobao purchases.

SibehHL

Reaction score
Send back into your bank card tied to your WeChat account, with admin fee chargeable for amount exceeding RMB 1k.

我有大概$25,000 人民币 in my wechat pay, 有什么办法 can withdraw out as cash?

xfactor

Banned
Reaction score
WeChat can only cash out by xfer to China bank account.

When my WeChat is still active, I did try put the amount back into bank, but it didn't manage to work.

Now since my WeChat pay wont work, I've been using Alipay instead.

Another method is to xfer to people can get back as cash from them. Either in RMB or SGD lor.

Alot of users want to have RMB in alipay, for Taobao purchases.

有什么地方在 Singapore 可以 withdraw as cash?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any agencies doing fx for wechat wallet,? . I. E. Loan wechat account
for China spending, with fx/loan/admin fees of course.

Posted from PCWX using MRD-LX2

TheV

Reaction score
There is a workaround solution to accept Wechat Pay money transfer.

I just top up and confirmed it to be working.

Get your friend/merchant to transfer money to your Wechat, download install Wechat for Windows and click accept.

I do not know how soon they will fix this bug but it will work for now.

Will not work for MAC, need Windows.

happi3friend

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok I just found out that we can use Alipay in China linked to our Singapore credit cards. So no need the headaches associated with WeChat. This article shows how to do it:

http://www.smartshanghai.com/articles/smsh/yes-foreigners-can-use-alipay-this-is-how

I’ll test in S’pore 1st. If ok, then should work in China. I’ve already successfully added my Visa card to Alipay.

May I check if this still works?

Is there any way to set up alipay or wechat wallet by yourself if you are singaporean?

If not, can we register with chinese banks in sg such as BOC or ICBC and get a mainland chinese bank account for verification in alipay/wechat wallet?

beanstalk6

Reaction score

Is there any way to set up alipay or wechat wallet by yourself if you are singaporean?

If not, can we register with chinese banks in sg such as BOC or ICBC and get a mainland chinese bank account for verification in alipay/wechat wallet?

You cannot open a mainland bank account at any Chinese bank in Singapore.

alvino

Reaction score

Just went Shanghai. Still no avail to use wechat and Alipay. Tried paying with Alipay at kfc also cannot.

The staffs there really don’t like cash payment. Can’t blame them. I also don’t like cash payment

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.