annetyu

Banned
Reaction score

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CCR.

Hows home-hunting, broadwalk?

I stopped at the unit which I have had shown you. :o That unit from open tender is way overprice and I dun intend to pay so much for that. :o

I am still scouting and looking around while monitoring the situation. :o Tonight will see how Fed pans out.:o

Do you have any good location or deal for me? :o

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I stopped at the unit which I have had shown you. :o That unit from open tender is way overprice and I dun intend to pay so much for that. :o

I am still scouting and looking around while monitoring the situation. :o Tonight will see how Fed pans out.:o

Do you have any good location or deal for me? :o

Last time you tell me your salary 5-digits, then suddenly you became a taxi driver.

You are single, numerous studio/1-bedder options/deals available for you. Which district are you keen on now?

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tua kang and lied. :o I was jobless. :o Now I am a full time taxis driver. :o
Please read your PM. :o

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I have big ambition I want landed but I think price has escalated and the boat seems sailing further away from me now.:o

Cheap freehold landed have, but old and land smaller. Location may also not be your favorite. Are you still keen?

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Property being hyped and buyers being smoked?

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/economics/article/3022220/hype-smoke-and-hot-air-clouding-singapore-real-estate

Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Developers sell 1,556 private homes including EC units in July, up 89% from 822 units in June: URA data

“The developer of Treasure at Tampines in Tampines Lane moved 119 units in July at a median price of S$1,325 psf.”
QxUNR0R.jpg

https://www.srx.com.sg/singapore-pr...-in-june-ura-data?utm_source=TheBusinessTimes

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Developers sell 1,556 private homes including EC units in July, up 89% from 822 units in June: URA data

“The developer of Treasure at Tampines in Tampines Lane moved 119 units in July at a median price of S$1,325 psf.”
QxUNR0R.jpg

https://www.srx.com.sg/singapore-pr...-in-june-ura-data?utm_source=TheBusinessTimes

Based on 2013 CMs, the tug of war between buyers and sellers/Developers seems to last longer than this round. The waiting game in buying is getting shorter for this round ever since our latest CM has just crossed its one year anniversary.
Is it because buyers are sick of waiting? Instead of hoping for a major price correction, they probably reckon that chances are slim? Or is it too many buyers Kenna smoked by the hype like some has mentioned? Was keen to hear from different views :D

Last edited:

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score
Based on 2013 CMs, the tug of war between buyers and sellers/Developers seems to last longer than this round. The waiting game in buying is getting shorter for this round ever since our latest CM has just crossed its one year anniversary.
Is it because buyers are sick of waiting? Instead of hoping for a major price correction, they probably reckon that chances are slim?

actually until today, i dunno if i made a right decision.

i sold my telok kurau in july 2018 and bought my current Kovan resale at September 2018.

a lot of pple told me the moment i sold my place.

"dun go and rush in for a replacement home.
go rent for 2 years and slowly find. CM effect takes time and market will drop."

nonetheless, i already knew where i wanted to stay and already shortlisted a few before i even sold my place. so the moment i sold my place, i was on full turbo to close any shortlisted houses in my list.

Fast foward today,

i think i am right is because,

1)
until now, market prices has not crashed.
infact my current house price has all increased in SRX value, UOB Valuation by a fair bit

BUT not Edgeprop Fair value. It has dropped actually. (which kind of worries me)

2) I have to also take into account of the rental. if i still have not purchase any replacement home by now, i will actually have rented a year and counting.

i think i am wrong is because,

1) sometimes i wonder if i could have gotten a better unit since i rushed in.
but in anycase, my wife and i are pleased with how our house renovated to be and we are very comfortable with Kovan, so i guess there is always a better house out there and there is no end to comparison. so be contended with what we have. this is how i console myself. haha.

my own personal journey in relation to NiShiZhu remarks on potential buyers waiting game.

of course any potential buyer out there that are still waiting, if u are buying for investment or buying for ownstay but no need for rental cus u have a temporary house to stay in for free, then i think time is on your side and should not rush like me.

and yes, i am still wondering until today if i made a right decision to purchase 2 months after cooling measures.

haha. thats why i am so into reading in property forum to keep myself updated with current property sentiments.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
actually until today, i dunno if i made a right decision.

i sold my telok kurau in july 2018 and bought my current Kovan resale at September 2018.

a lot of pple told me the moment i sold my place.

"dun go and rush in for a replacement home.
go rent for 2 years and slowly find. CM effect takes time and market will drop."

nonetheless, i already knew where i wanted to stay and already shortlisted a few before i even sold my place. so the moment i sold my place, i was on full turbo to close any shortlisted houses in my list.

Fast foward today,

i think i am right is because,

1)
until now, market prices has not crashed.
infact my current house price has all increased in SRX value, UOB Valuation by a fair bit

BUT not Edgeprop Fair value. It has dropped actually. (which kind of worries me)

2) I have to also take into account of the rental. if i still have not purchase any replacement home by now, i will actually have rented a year and counting.

i think i am wrong is because,

1) sometimes i wonder if i could have gotten a better unit since i rushed in.
but in anycase, my wife and i are pleased with how our house renovated to be and we are very comfortable with Kovan, so i guess there is always a better house out there and there is no end to comparison. so be contended with what we have. this is how i console myself. haha.

my own personal journey in relation to NiShiZhu remarks on potential buyers waiting game.

of course any potential buyer out there that are still waiting, if u are buying for investment or buying for ownstay but no need for rental cus u have a temporary house to stay in for free, then i think time is on your side and should not rush like me.

and yes, i am still wondering until today if i made a right decision to purchase 2 months after cooling measures.

haha. thats why i am so into reading in property forum to keep myself updated with current property sentiments.

I was rather taken aback by this month’s transaction volume because treasure and Florence are never in my radar that they would cross the 100 transaction mark in one month. My Guess is buyers are now quantum sensitive especially with projects in the price range of 13xx to 14xxpsf, seems to be quite well received by many. Would such buying sentiments continues and remain sustainable in months to come especially if interest rate is lower?

I made a huge decision in early 2017 to hunt for two properties after selling my landed. Same dilemma like you, not sure if it’s a wrong decision. But I rather not look back or lament too Long since I had already done my research for quite some time.
Of coz if I compare the purchase price in early 2017 vs now, it seems that there’s quite a decent paper gain. But do also note that resale market remain stagnant and monetary profit gain is only materialised after you sold off your property.
Perhaps the only saving grace is I don’t need to spend on rental as I have a current place of my own to stay.

There’s no right or wrong answer in your case as I believe u solely buy for self stay.
Was surprise to hear from u moving from Telok kurau to kovan.
I always thought D15 should be quite conducive to Stay?

Best of luck.

Last edited:

soufool

Reaction score
Is it because buyers are sick of waiting? Instead of hoping for a major price correction, they probably reckon that chances are slim? Or is it too many buyers Kenna smoked by the hype like some has mentioned? Was keen to hear from different views :D

Probably alot of cash rich buyers from enblocs- looking at the M2 supply it seems to explain it too. I've been watching from the sidelines- i feel new launch prices are ridiculously high from just 2017 thanks to absurd land prices then...How can buyers expect to make any money buying at these prices?

It's alot like those who bought ppty in 2012-2013 who end up waiting till recently to offload for a small profit/breakeven.

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was rather taken aback by this month’s transaction volume because treasure and Florence are never in my radar that they would cross the 100 transaction mark in one month. My Guess is buyers are now quantum sensitive especially with projects in the price range of 13xx to 14xxpsf, seems to be quite well received by many. Would such buying sentiments continues and remain sustainable in months to come especially if interest rate is lower?

I made a huge decision in early 2017 to hunt for two properties after selling my landed. Same dilemma like you, not sure if it’s a wrong decision. But I rather not look back or lament too Long since I had already done my research for quite some time.
Of coz if I compare the purchase price in early 2017 vs now, it seems that there’s quite a decent paper gain. But do also note that resale market remain stagnant and monetary profit gain is only materialised after you sold off your property.
Perhaps the only saving grace is I don’t need to spend on rental as I have a current place of my own to stay.

There’s no right or wrong answer in your case as I believe u solely buy for self stay.
Was surprise to hear from u moving from Telok kurau to kovan.
I always thought D15 should be quite conducive to Stay?

Best of luck.

Actually resale volume for some reason spike 32%.

I wonder who is snapping these up. Foreigners are back?

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.