Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GG... knock traffic light somemore

pRDtHgM.jpg

whose car?

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The longer term pull, the more interests incurred.
V std 1.

Pull till last expiry date, still dont own the metal.

Is as good as rent-got ownership

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To put simple. U need to change your mindset.

Car is a tool:

Personal car = cannot make money
Phv car = can make money and sometimes it cover everything if u hardworking enough.

U want a tool that cannot make u any money but pay cheaper or u want a tool can make money but pay higher

Like i say end of day as long as u dun need to fork out too much out of pocket compared to personal own car. It is still worth it. High interest or not.

Eg (dun talk about insurance, road tax etc just focus on installment)

Personal car $800 every month 7 years - $67200 from your ft job income in total over the 7 years

Phv car $1100 every month 10 years - spent few hours per week to earn $1100 every month to pay for car. End of 10 years i dun use any money from my salary, only invested in time. Those money from salary i never use supposingly to pay for car i can use it to roll more money (eg investment) or just pamper myself and family. Even if i got few months out of the 10 years never hit the $1100 i still will not pay $67k out of my pocket compare to personal car.

Which is better?

And also regardless personal or phv car end of 10 year u still dun own the car. So make full use of it. Turn it into a tool that makes u money in long run. Even if its not making u much money, at least help u reduce the car cost ownership.

The longer term pull, the more interests incurred.
V std 1.

Pull till last expiry date, still dont own the metal.

Is as good as rent-got ownership

Last edited:

Kataro

Reaction score
My car.... soon ...:(

is this accident near the Sengkang hospital ? If it is , it is a serious one! 2 ambulances,2 mobile Tp. One motorcycle half wrecked on the ground in front of the PHV car.

Yes, like you it reminded me our job danger.

MOBIO.sg

Reaction score
bro , my mindset same with u! love u deep deep la! well said!

Car is a tool:

Phv car = can make money and sometimes it cover everything if u hardworking enough.

U want a tool that cannot make u any money but pay cheaper or u want a tool can make money but pay higher

Like i say end of day as long as u dun need to fork out too much out of pocket compared to personal own car. It is still worth it. High interest or not.

Personal car $800 every month 7 years - $67200 from your ft job income in total over the 7 years

Phv car $1100 every month 10 years - spent few hours per week to earn $1100 every month to pay for car. End of 10 years i dun use any money from my salary, only invested in time. Those money from salary i never use supposingly to pay for car i can use it to roll more money (eg investment) or just pamper myself and family. Even if i got few months out of the 10 years never hit the $1100 i still will not pay $67k out of my pocket compare to personal car.

Which is better?

And also regardless personal or phv car end of 10 year u still dun own the car. So make full use of it. Turn it into a tool that makes u money in long run. Even if its not making u much money, at least help u reduce the car cost ownership.

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
pRDtHgM.jpg

whose car?

If look very closely can see pdvl sticker

Behind door open. Mean likely behind got ppl come out

Mean got passenger

If got passenger think can sue until he underwear drop

Posted from PCWX using Eat Drink Drive Repeat

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

jimmylimts

Reaction score
If look very closely can see pdvl sticker

Behind door open. Mean likely behind got ppl come out

Mean got passenger

If got passenger think can sue until he underwear drop

Posted from PCWX using Eat Drink Drive Repeat

Just pay excess, 2K+2K, others bo driver dachi:(

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just go n take the test.

Because yesterday when a STA staff calls me chasing for medical report, i told him another of his colleague was following up via email for me liao. My exam on Fri how sia, dont sabo me leh. He says they may reject me on the spot if eventually no medical report. I told him find Grab, because Grab did reply me saying they received my medical report and its cleared pass. I forwarded the email to STA even. Kiasu kiasee I called a while ago, when i mention my situation, the staff straight away knows my name say okok dont worry. KNS, but no yet (not STA nor Grab) reply officially over email.
I will just turn up for the exam.

I just did my medical today. Straight whatsapp to grab admin tell him I done liao .

How did you get their mobile number to whatsapp??? Since I am barely any more laojiao than u, so i think its easier if i share my timeline with you for reference.

• Mid Jun apply PDVL
  • 3 days later went for medical at sata clinic (with grab letter)
  • 1st week Jul received email reply from Grab that I cleared my medical
  • Mid Jul received physical letter from LTA (PDVL approval)
  • Apply for earliest PDVL date (1st week Aug course, mid Aug exam)
  • Going for exam tomorrow, now tell me medical report MIA

carrrt

Reaction score

Car is a tool:

Which is better?

Claps claps! Cost of owning a car is crazy is Singapore. If there is a way that allows you to recoup back the costs, why not sia? Unless:

1) sibei rich, can afford not to give a fug about the costing.
2) the time taken to drive PHV can be used elsewhere to generate more income to cover cost.
3) the price of cars here is like the angmoh countries, few thousands $ nia.

carrrt

Reaction score
Someone in grab says the daily new driver registrations is damn scary. U think "admin" bother:)

I don't care . Since one of the admins messaged me to follow up, I might as well just inform him that I've done it . He can escalate or not, bo my taiji. Anyway also must wait one .

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Claps claps! Cost of owning a car is crazy is Singapore. If there is a way that allows you to recoup back the costs, why not sia? Unless:

1) sibei rich, can afford not to give a fug about the costing.
2) the time taken to drive PHV can be used elsewhere to generate more income to cover cost.
3) the price of cars here is like the angmoh countries, few thousands $ nia.

This is quite true. I am staying in the south, and curious how much a grab trip to far east say Changi biz park will cost. It range between $20-25 on normal to surge pricing. Say based on 22 working days, total cost will be $880-$1100 a month. Do I really need to buy a car. hmm...

I think the reason why western countries people get a car is mainly because their point to point travel is really damn far, and public transportation isn't as established as ours. I know of foreigners will amazed at Singaporeans when we say traveling more than 1 hour to work is sian. To them its woah, 1 hour is pretty good le.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.