Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrrt

Reaction score
How did you get their mobile number to whatsapp??? Since I am barely any more laojiao than u, so i think its easier if i share my timeline with you for reference.

• Mid Jun apply PDVL
  • 3 days later went for medical at sata clinic (with grab letter)
  • 1st week Jul received email reply from Grab that I cleared my medical
  • Mid Jul received physical letter from LTA (PDVL approval)
  • Apply for earliest PDVL date (1st week Aug course, mid Aug exam)
  • Going for exam tomorrow, now tell me medical report MIA

Eh I went to apply pdvl at grab HQ on 7th August. The next day got a guy from grab whatsapp me ask me have I went to do my medical check up .

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh I went to apply pdvl at grab HQ on 7th August. The next day got a guy from grab whatsapp me ask me have I went to do my medical check up .

I supposed your medical letter is from Grab too? Ya, dont be surprised their follow-up is pretty good, thats when BEFORE you finished the steps. They called me to follow up my grabcar registration too, which I didnt complete because I realise I need more details after passing PDVL exam so I didnt complete the grabcar registration. The Grab cso called me asking if I had difficulties registering and he can help. Same the time when I was asking about medical and course registration, damn helpful. After I done all these, errrr :s22::s13:

Btw, unless you very urgent need to drive phv for income, else really dont expect soon soon. U see my timeline can understand le. I didnt really sit on each step, but yet it seems may take at least 2 months from PDVL application to taking exam.

carrrt

Reaction score
I supposed your medical letter is from Grab too? Ya, dont be surprised their follow-up is pretty good, thats when BEFORE you finished the steps. They called me to follow up my grabcar registration too, which I didnt complete because I realise I need more details after passing PDVL exam so I didnt complete the grabcar registration. The Grab cso called me asking if I had difficulties registering and he can help. Same the time when I was asking about medical and course registration, damn helpful. After I done all these, errrr :s22::s13:

Btw, unless you very urgent need to drive phv for income, else really dont expect soon soon. U see my timeline can understand le. I didnt really sit on each step, but yet it seems may take at least 2 months from PDVL application to taking exam.

Yeah I got the medical letter from them . Went down to the clinic at boonlay.

I'm not in rush to drive PHV, cos at the same time I'm waiting for Jack Cars as they are pending approval for PHV package(100% loan) in another 2 weeks time . Previously went to a few PI and rental companies , mostly all also said need 2 months time to get everything done .

Cherryislife

Reaction score
Welcome to life of phv.

1wk give you shiok so you won't think phv is that bad.
Next 2wks let you eat grass.

Remember just 2wks ago everyone showing off phv jht?

Anyone driving for GoJek and experiencing v slow Ping for past few days? waiting time is like 20 to 55 minutes?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got the medical letter from them . Went down to the clinic at boonlay.

I'm not in rush to drive PHV, cos at the same time I'm waiting for Jack Cars as they are pending approval for PHV package(100% loan) in another 2 weeks time . Previously went to a few PI and rental companies , mostly all also said need 2 months time to get everything done .

2 months is probably standard if one passes the exams first time. I am not a hardworking student, so I am kinda praying for lucky tomorrow... :s13:

Pardon me asking. You are going to drive PHV as fulltime? Or you are waiting for go study or NS? I think most PHV laojiao here will really advise, dont try fulltime PHV if you are still young... Shushu hitting 40 soon, and kinda jobless now, so turning to PHV for income while fingers crossed sending out job applications for jobs outside still

carrrt

Reaction score
2 months is probably standard if one passes the exams first time. I am not a hardworking student, so I am kinda praying for lucky tomorrow... :s13:

Pardon me asking. You are going to drive PHV as fulltime? Or you are waiting for go study or NS? I think most PHV laojiao here will really advise, dont try fulltime PHV if you are still young... Shushu hitting 40 soon, and kinda jobless now, so turning to PHV for income while fingers crossed sending out job applications for jobs outside still

Hahaha I ORD 4 years ago nia. In fact I just sold my car few months ago. Then downpayment for house and wedding banquet. Suddenly work arrangements change so need to run both Ops and HQ and bobian need a car. With no cash , Only choice is to buy from PI for full loan and apply grab to drive part time to recover the installments.

Nowadays everytime I take grab/gojek, I always ask them if based on $50/day everyday drive 1-2 hours for morning and evening peak can cover or not, all very confidently say can cover back $50, but to earn a living as full timer would be totally different.

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chiu wait until u pass ur pdvl n join us otr and see how ba. :o

dun listen to others.

Hahaha I ORD 4 years ago nia. In fact I just sold my car few months ago. Then downpayment for house and wedding banquet. Suddenly work arrangements change so need to run both Ops and HQ and bobian need a car. With no cash , Only choice is to buy from PI for full loan and apply grab to drive part time to recover the installments.

Nowadays everytime I take grab/gojek, I always ask them if based on $50/day everyday drive 1-2 hours for morning and evening peak can cover or not, all very confidently say can cover back $50, but to earn a living as full timer would be totally different.

StormsRiders

Master Member
Reaction score
i wanna sleep when i see many ppl who need justify their own thoughts.
i so this becos. i do that becos.
i choose this becos.

really. i type here now becos i nth better to do.

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
G6, after marriage comes planning children.

U won't want to be home seeing children snoring when u wake and slp instead of children laughter/crying.

Jus couple x2persons is totally different. Same as dating etc.

All the best to u.

carrrt

Reaction score
chiu wait until u pass ur pdvl n join us otr and see how ba. :o

dun listen to others.

Haha theoretically should be able to cover la . But practically need how many actual hours is another question that only when start driving on the road then can tell. Xiong is one thing for sure , working full time liao still must use extra time to cover, think liao also sian . But for me since I no choice need a transport, die die must cover if not this car jiak into my salary. Last time I drive uber before, putting earnings aside at least I find it enjoyable to be driving as compared to be doing hard labour .

StormsRiders

Master Member
Reaction score
u managing agent? ops?

Haha theoretically should be able to cover la . But practically need how many actual hours is another question that only when start driving on the road then can tell. Xiong is one thing for sure , working full time liao still must use extra time to cover, think liao also sian . But for me since I no choice need a transport, die die must cover if not this car jiak into my salary. Last time I drive uber before, putting earnings aside at least I find it enjoyable to be driving as compared to be doing hard labour .

newcell

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now is gojek era.
Pax Pampered by gojek.
Less than $13, can travel 20km or more.
Drivers keep multiplying.
Cake already very small piece.

carrrt

Reaction score
In fact most of the drivers that joined my company came from doing grab. Most of them said now drive full-time for grab/gojek is really bohua, standard reasons are incentives no longer as attractive as before, too much restrictions and regulations to follow, hours on the road exposed to more risks of accident which end up potentially losing all earnings.

Then came a thought: perhaps working full time nowadays really tough . But surely recovering rental must still be sustainable, that's the business model, ever since taxi . It's just how much you need to drive after the breakeven to even start clocking the earnings.

Last edited:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think d3n best to advise on this since he is one now. I feel it's not easy, especially for married man to balance between two families and work, while driving phv after work..

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.