Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

mohaha

Reaction score
Hi anybody facing this problem from Maxsoft? I have a Joy Con having drifting issue and within warranty. Bought from Lazada with warranty (higher price than those export sets).

However when I emailed Adrian he said need to bring the packaging box over. ?! Who keeps the box after opening? From his tone, he looks like his is going to evade the warranty repair for my joy con. Is there anything we can do?

All these claims from Nintendo saying will fix our joy cons for free even out of warranty but these local distributors are doing otherwise.

Do you still have your receipt and which lazada shop you buy from? The serial number on your machine at the bottom if it is local can be check at maxsoft side if it is local. Why keep the box is because there is serial number on it. Your joycon packaging also have serial number on it.

That say local distributor are not nintendo. Fixing joycon for free only happen at usa side not all region.
They will fix your joycon within warranty period that is 3months from your date of purchase

pisceanwin

Reaction score
mine is only separate Joy Con not the machine. I have the shop order from Lazada, but i don't have the box, which is the problem.

mohaha

Reaction score
mine is only separate Joy Con not the machine. I have the shop order from Lazada, but i don't have the box, which is the problem.

The shop on lazada do they have physical shop ?

If you can consider going back to them and ask them to help you?

mohaha

Reaction score

The shop on lazada do they have physical shop ?

If you can consider going back to them and ask them to help you?

Cuz why the box of joycon is important because local joycon box have SEA logo on it and all english wording. Export set do not have those

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, wanna ask can the switch do a direct USB C to USB C video output without a dock?
I bought this monitor but couldn't use USB C for video output.
https://www.lazada.sg/products/wist...aming-monitor-i307756309-s553800603.html?mp=3

I'm using a switch with serial number XAJ7.....and even update firmware from 4.01 to 8.10 but still doesn't works.

Don't think it's possible without dock. Switch USB type C port is different from those laptop one if I'm not wrong..

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, wanna ask can the switch do a direct USB C to USB C video output without a dock?
I bought this monitor but couldn't use USB C for video output.
https://www.lazada.sg/products/wist...aming-monitor-i307756309-s553800603.html?mp=3

I'm using a switch with serial number XAJ7.....and even update firmware from 4.01 to 8.10 but still doesn't works.

If you mean whether the switch can drive this monitor using usb v,without a dock, answer is yes because I’m using it.

lamorak

Reaction score

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you mean whether the switch can drive this monitor using usb v,without a dock, answer is yes because I’m using it.

By a single USB C from Switch to monitor without HDMI or external power?
May I know ur switch is which batch and using what cables?

I spent quite alot, buying USB C - HDMI, Thunderbolt 3 cable.
All cant...

Ralphel

Master Member
Reaction score
By a single USB C from Switch to monitor without HDMI or external power?
May I know ur switch is which batch and using what cables?

I spent quite alot, buying USB C - HDMI, Thunderbolt 3 cable.
All cant...
he's saying without dock / hdmi
there's another usb c port tat will power the monitor using powerbank

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he's saying without dock / hdmi
there's another usb c port tat will power the monitor using powerbank

This video I saw before.
The brand I bought the seller did send me a video clip as well.
Just that the monitor is only showing Switch menu and Switch screen is blank, the wire cannot see fully so I dunno is there any dock used.

I'm wondering is there any issue with my Switch...

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
This video I saw before.
The brand I bought the seller did send me a video clip as well.
Just that the monitor is only showing Switch menu and Switch screen is blank, the wire cannot see fully so I dunno is there any dock used.

I'm wondering is there any issue with my Switch...

I think you still need to connect another USB type C cable to power via wall socket or powerbank. According to the lazada reviews and the YouTube video they all did that. Without a power source I don't think the switch is powerful enough to output.

When you use switch dock to output to monitor or TV the switch dock also needs the charging cable. So logically the same setup should apply even to this portable external monitor that's how I think. Unless the external monitor was built with some special circuitry and an inbuilt battery powerful enough to achieve video output from switch without an additional power source..

Based on the lazada Q&A seller says the external monitor doesn't have inbuilt battery. So means it needs a power source from somewhere. My conjecture is that the switch isn't able to supply enough power to the external monitor. Also from what I know the switch USB type C port isn't two way charging, so it doesn't even supply power out, only takes power in.

Last edited:

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you still need to connect another USB type C cable to power via wall socket or powerbank. According to the lazada reviews and the YouTube video they all did that. Without a power source I don't think the switch is powerful enough to output.

When you use switch dock to output to monitor or TV the switch dock also needs the charging cable. So logically the same setup should apply even to this portable external monitor that's how I think. Unless the external monitor was built with some special circuitry and an inbuilt battery powerful enough to achieve video output from switch without an additional power source..

Based on the lazada Q&A seller says the external monitor doesn't have inbuilt battery. So means it needs a power source from somewhere. My conjecture is that the switch isn't able to supply enough power to the external monitor. Also from what I know the switch USB type C port isn't two way charging, so it doesn't even supply power out, only takes power in.

Hi Bro, ya I’m using this method.
Switch USB C to monitor, external power USB C to monitor another port.
The monitor able to charge Switch but showing no signal den peer saving mode.
However the same monitor port can be use for PC, so I guessing my switch got issue if really can works.

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
However the same monitor port can be use for PC, so I guessing my switch got issue if really can works.

Then I think maybe your switch likely got issue liao. If possible borrow another switch to confirm.

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then I think maybe your switch likely got issue liao. If possible borrow another switch to confirm.

I also think that way as reviews and one bro here confirm can works.

I tried to search online only able to find old dated post saying switch does not support alt DP and unable to use a single USB C for video output..

So far no related news saying different batch got changes in hardware also except the going to launch Gen 2..

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Check the usb c connection between the switch and monitor. It’s quite sensitive.

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check the usb c connection between the switch and monitor. It’s quite sensitive.

Bro, u referring to the switch end or the monitor end, or both?
I tried before, seller also told me the same but doesn't seems to work.

I had tried a couples of cables all same....

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, u referring to the switch end or the monitor end, or both?
I tried before, seller also told me the same but doesn't seems to work.

I had tried a couples of cables all same....

Monitor end. Power the monitor up first. Then connect the switch usb c.

nightkids7089

Banned
Reaction score
where to buy Gen 2 Switch local set cheap cheap?:(:(

i am quote 489 for it.....:(:(:(

i tink its blue/red set.....i wan grey set....:(:(:(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.