Divorce and maintenance

five5five

Reaction score
Dear All,

Hope I can find some answer here as I unable to fins any answer as my lawyer has no answer. And lady friends who divorced is either high salary than husband, never asked or got lump sum payment.

1. Short marriage ended at the end of 3rd year have to pay maintenance for how long?
2. With a viciously abusive wife. I do not want to pay maintenance, how to achieve that?

:(

Acetone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is no way to escape, it’s the woman’s charter

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Short marriage ended at the end of 3rd year have to pay maintenance for how long?
2. With a viciously abusive wife. I do not want to pay maintenance, how to achieve that?
These are questions your lawyer should answer, not random people on the internet.

But anyway in general for #1 ... basically you need to pay her for the rest of her life or until she remarries.

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

Hope I can find some answer here as I unable to fins any answer as my lawyer has no answer. And lady friends who divorced is either high salary than husband, never asked or got lump sum payment.

Lawyer no answer? change lawyer till one can give u one

voltra

Reaction score
Dear All,

Lawyer should know best, you should change a lawyer.

To my knowledge, your ex wife's lifestyle is affected by you divorcing her, she can and likely will get alimony from you likely. You really should talk to a competent lawyer with all the info like both your income, the monthly expenses, what you have been contributing during the marriage etc then they can advise you to contest or to settle.

Acetone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s not a way to escape the WC, it just means that your ex wife decides not to ask for alimony

There is a way..unless the woman personally indicated she dun need any maintenance

zheng

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

get good lawyer collection evidence if u claim she abusive

Sent from me to you using GAGT

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Her abusing behaviour only aids in divorce. Maintenance part you still hv to pay. Just a matter of how much. Good lawyers can’t help you avoid this but can help you pay less. Get a gd lawyer for long term benefit.

bonkbonk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can PR wife fight custody of kids and house against a singapore citizen?

PR wan divorce due to communication problem

thinwah123

Reaction score
Get a good lawyer! If you need recommendations, try Godwin Campos. He helped us with a family dispute before but I know he's a divorce lawyer too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.