Apple TV 4

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
There is fire tv beside. Nivida shield lor
I use both fire and Apple TV for diff purpose
Mostly on Apple TV as Apple TV gimme better pic quality

I've got both Fire TV Stick 4k and the Apple TV Gen 3.
For my case, I actually think there is no graphic advantage on the Apple TV when watching non-4k content.

Just to check, does the Apple TV support HDMI CEC? As in .. on the Fire TV Stick, I can actually power off all my devices (TV & Receiver) once I press off on the Fire Stick remote. Volume control is via my Fire TV Stick remote also.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
I’ve got both Apple TV and Android TV boxes. The Android free streaming apps are much better for these.

Goto admit that there are much more options on Android-based boxes than Apple TV.

Just 3 comments for Apple TV users:
1. If you are looking for IPTV services (eg, live tv, streaming movies), I suggest just get a paid version. Search of IPTV Smarters on Shopee. Its bout $31/year. And provides everything.
HOWEVER, the IPTV Smarters interface on Apple TV is kinda retarded compared to Android boxes. On Android boxes, you can select subtitles + screen size (16:9, Centre, Fit)

2. The DD5.1 seems intermittent. Sometimes, my BOSE receiver detects 5.1 and sometimes no. On the other hand, its consistently accurate on my Android box.

3. That said, TOGGLE is native app in Apple TV. Whereas I can never get it to work on Android boxes. Very disappointing.

FYI, I'm using a Fire TV Stick and Apple TV gen 3 as comparison.

HexenHeretic

Reaction score
I've got both Fire TV Stick 4k and the Apple TV Gen 3.
For my case, I actually think there is no graphic advantage on the Apple TV when watching non-4k content.

Just to check, does the Apple TV support HDMI CEC? As in .. on the Fire TV Stick, I can actually power off all my devices (TV & Receiver) once I press off on the Fire Stick remote. Volume control is via my Fire TV Stick remote also.

Yes, volume control on the ATV remote changes volume on the tv, turning off the ATV via the ATV remote also turns off my tv.

marquez

Reaction score
Can anyone help me verify if apple tv can install singtel tv go app from appstore. If yes is the quality hd or very blur on big screen. Thanks in advance.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Can. The quality to me is ok.
I got Singtel tv go installed on my Apple TV 3 and 4.

Can anyone help me verify if apple tv can install singtel tv go app from appstore. If yes is the quality hd or very blur on big screen. Thanks in advance.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

this info is clearly listed in e App Store

boliao45

Reaction score
Apple TV 4K is appletv 5, the one before it is apple tv 4, both have support to app store. 3, 2 & 1 don't support app store download.

The one before Apple TV 4K have AppStore which uses Apple A8 chip, now Apple rename as Apple TV HD not sure if its 3 or 4.

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Went. Demo set cannot even download new app. So need someone with singtel tv help me verify the quality.

Output looks 720p. Quite compressed. I was trying to watch football on it, and if you are used to watching on Starhub or Mio, the Cast quality is crap. Main issue is it's 25fps which is not good for sports. Has judder with fast motion of the camera.

marquez

Reaction score
Output looks 720p. Quite compressed. I was trying to watch football on it, and if you are used to watching on Starhub or Mio, the Cast quality is crap. Main issue is it's 25fps which is not good for sports. Has judder with fast motion of the camera.

720p is good enough. Is it full screen? U use home view on it?

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
For me look decent.
You can use your phone to stream.
It’s about the same.

It also depends on your tv as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.