Need help in London, i might be able to help you

zinedine

Reaction score
Primark

I heard about Primark. It is said to b a fantastic place to shop and buy stuff. But the one near to Hyde Park, I heard is very packed. Do u recommend for me to go there or should I go somewhere else instead? Heard there are Primarks in other shopping centres too...

Thanks in advance.

adgjl321

Reaction score
I heard about Primark. It is said to b a fantastic place to shop and buy stuff. But the one near to Hyde Park, I heard is very packed. Do u recommend for me to go there or should I go somewhere else instead? Heard there are Primarks in other shopping centres too...

Thanks in advance.
Bro, all same one. Just don’t go on weekends if you can. Beside Tottenham Court Road station also got a big one. Just go whichever is convenient for you

Windowlover

Reaction score
Plan a 12 days to Europe tour next year.. read from internet that western is better than Eastern part...So I suppose will follow toward this direction for 13days... safety wise it is danger to walk on the street during night time. :s22: and any good packages deal from local agents.. Don't much to follow tour too. newbie:s22:

zinedine

Reaction score
Bro, all same one. Just don’t go on weekends if you can. Beside Tottenham Court Road station also got a big one. Just go whichever is convenient for you

Thank you for your kind advice, sir. Will not join the maddening crowd then. :D

What's your take on Selfridges dept store? Do u think it is a "must go"? I m planning to visit Harrods though...

adgjl321

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind advice, sir. Will not join the maddening crowd then. :D

What's your take on Selfridges dept store? Do u think it is a "must go"? I m planning to visit Harrods though...
What are you looking to buy?

zinedine

Reaction score
What are you looking to buy?

To be honest, nothing in particular. Just that I read it is a high-end dept store. The British pound is already pricey, let alone buying high-end stuff!

Cos I saw from the map that it is way off from Harrods... so I m not sure if it is worth visiting...

When I did my homework, I realised there are a lot of good places to visit in London such as Museums, Markets, Parks etc...

adgjl321

Reaction score
To be honest, nothing in particular. Just that I read it is a high-end dept store. The British pound is already pricey, let alone buying high-end stuff!

Cos I saw from the map that it is way off from Harrods... so I m not sure if it is worth visiting...

When I did my homework, I realised there are a lot of good places to visit in London such as Museums, Markets, Parks etc...
The British pound is at a 10 year low, if you're looking to buy branded you save so much more... + tax refund

Harrod's and Selfridges are all fairly high end, so if you don't plan on buying anything then also no point going unless you're in the area and want to see see

zinedine

Reaction score
The British pound is at a 10 year low, if you're looking to buy branded you save so much more... + tax refund

Harrod's and Selfridges are all fairly high end, so if you don't plan on buying anything then also no point going unless you're in the area and want to see see

Thanks for the reply. I might just spend some pounds on a branded good for myself or the wife. :D

On the other hand, I might give Selfridges a miss. May just take a bus ride and see their windows display instead. I think a trip to Harrod's would be enough as an experience. Thanks again!

I'd rather spend time in the free museums in London with the kids instead. They wouldn't get to buy stuff there. Haha!

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bank of England not changing old coins, which I still have some left. So it's as good as useless now?

new_bie

Reaction score
Dear All,

London Travel Card & London Oyster Card - what the differences ya?

blue_line

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have a 4 friends who intend to study in London for 6 months @ UCL. But the hostel etc is extremely expensive. Any recommendation for places with direct train to UCL?

UCL hostels are pretty reasonable considering they're close to school and meals included for some.

The only alternative is to live in zone 2/3 if you really want to save the money.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need to check on VAT refund.

I know the queue can get very long during this peak season. I was told the easier way is to do it after the immigration. They do have VAT refund after immigration, of course the items have to be hand carry with you.

Is that true?

adgjl321

Reaction score
I need to check on VAT refund.

I know the queue can get very long during this peak season. I was told the easier way is to do it after the immigration. They do have VAT refund after immigration, of course the items have to be hand carry with you.

Is that true?
I don't think that's true. I've done it a few times and it depends on the value of the items it seems. Just do it before immigration, and for some high value items they might ask you to bring it inside to do.

summer_sunshine

Reaction score
3 weeks London in August 2020

I am planning to go London next August for 3 weeks. Fly in to London. Is it possible to spent one week in Ireland, one week in Scotland and last week in London? Anyone travelled to these places before? Please advice.

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. I will be traveling between zone 1 and 2 back and forth on a daily basis for 2 weeks starting from a Monday. Noted there are 2 options - travelcard or youtrip (contactless). Noted that contactless is capped at the same price of travelcard 36.10. In this case contactless is better since my total fare could be either capped or lower. Any idea if I'm reading it correctly and if I'm missing anything?

Tw4o1Ua.jpg

9AYOluH.jpg

emo3lmo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Landed in Edinburgh yesterday
Everything biz as usual here
No hostile met so far
Keeping fingers crossed
Locals are friendly
Some offered to help take photo for us :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.