New EC at Sumang Walk

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how many of us need 20-40 years to do things what we want.
May be like Bill Gates doing world charities ?

This may be true. The reason y i thought of early retirement is because i want to get out of the rat race as early as i can, so that i won't have to play mind games and politics for survival. I can be myself and do things that i want, not because i need to

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
ECs are not an entitlement & not essential for many.
New condo are easily $1400 and above.

BTW, a level 40 brand new 113sqm 5-room at CityVue@Henderson is $809k (an edmw thread).
And Brani HDB flat BTOs should be >$1 million easily.

Thread Not deviated... Just the pple who are buying Piermont Grand HDB-eligible EC better go brain scan whether they having the right mind at buy at such high psf when there are other public housing options for now......[/QUOTE

Path-Finder

Reaction score
How you know you have 20-40 yrs to do things that you want? You have 生死簿?

Anyway the topic is not focusing on how many yrs, rather it is on whether retire early or not. How many yrs 因人而异

I am not sure how many of us need 20-40 years to do things what we want.
May be like Bill Gates doing world charities ?

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Shaking legs till the second timer quota is open? Can go sleep in one of the show bedrooms meanwhile..

Interested first timers all chionged to buy during launch weekend alr.

Sure cannot fill up first timer quota already. Can only hope more 2nd timers got the money go buy the remaining high quantum units.

Remember they actually had two 2nd timer slots near end of launch day too.

Reaction score
Just touch on original topic without derailing too far

This EC too remote and not cheap
Confirm skip
If the project can break even is already good for developer

Piermont Grand EC price
According to the official website, prices will start from $1,100 psf. At that price, the smallest 840 sq ft unit will go for around $924,000, while the biggest unit (1,507 sq ft) will be around $1.66 mil.Jul 18, 2019

I’m still flabbergasted that sinkies would go for this $1100psf+ EC at such remote location :s22::s22: really shocking to know we’re in recession now

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
My kid will in secondary school when I am 45 and having his own life. I dunno what else to enjoy at that point of time if not working ? Play video/computer games all day long ?

When I reach 45, I might think different. I am still 10 years from there.

Now my kids are from 6 months old and 2.5 years old. Good time to spend bonding, playing, teaching and watching them grow up. I can remember in details, the first minute each of them flip over, the first minute the older one sit up, stand up and start walking.

Until they want their own life, that is.

I see too many people working so hard, that by the time they are ready to have some more breathing time to spend with their kids, their kids, like what you say, want to have their own life.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Are most of those who want to 'retire early' here in 30s?

On average many Singaporeans live till 80s (some 100s).
Shortening the lives are easy but live till 60s-70s
are not that difficult.
Of course ultimately it depends on God.

It is weird to see the govt intend to raise the retirement age up & yet some want to lower it.
Some multimillionaires are okay but I bet many of them are still working / income flow.

How you know you have 20-40 yrs to do things that you want? You have 生死簿?

Anyway the topic is not focusing on how many yrs, rather it is on whether retire early or not. How many yrs 因人而异

Last edited:

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

On average many Singaporeans live till 80s (some 10
Shortening the lives are easy but live till 60s - 70s
are not that difficult.

It is weird to see the govt intend to raise the retirement age up & yet some want to lower it.
Some multimillionaires are okay but I bet many of them are still working / income flow.

Because many healthy people like you will live way past 100 years old mah.

My perspective has changed a lot after I read about Dennis Ng few years ago.
Become take it easy on a lot more things.

Reaction score

On average many Singaporeans live till 80s (some 100s).
Shortening the lives are easy but live till 60s-70s
are not that difficult.

I want to work TIL 200yo leh
I trust CPF life will pay me from 65 onwards annually

Path-Finder

Reaction score
I m not surprised. When we talk about policies making at national level, its not about your circle of friends or my circle of friends, its about the population, with a large variant.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
And Brani HDB flat BTOs should be >$1 million easily.
Thinking of which... would people rather a $1 mil HDB/DBSS at Brani or somewhere near to the GSW

or a $1.5 mil EC turned PC in Punggol

Personally, if not because of kids and parents, I would choose southern side.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Brani HDB BTO should be ready to be launched when your formula feeding babies at home or McDonald kids need daily shave.

Meanwhile eye the PG for - 20% /ready in 4 years.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of which... would people rather a $1 mil HDB/DBSS at Brani or somewhere near to the GSW

or a $1.5 mil EC turned PC in Punggol

Personally, if not because of kids and parents, I would choose southern side.

If public housing (BTO) cost $1mil (even if it is at the GSW), I think EC and P.C. prices would rise a lot more. And of cos private housing at the GSW would be a lot more expensive.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Aiyoh.
Location, location and location.

Duxton & a few other premium BTOs can easily beat many outlying old condo anytime in the resale even though none have condo facilities.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiyoh.
Location, location and location.

Duxton & a few other premium BTOs can easily beat many outlying old condo anytime in the resale even though none have condo facilities.

But when duxton sold BTO it wasn’t 1mil; I’m saying if at BTO price it’s already 1mil can you imagine a resale HDB for 2mil? But then maybe in 20 years it’s indeed possible.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Duxton was underpriced by hdb.
Such a rare unique stunning award-winning project.

The Rochor project (BTO? Condo?) should not be too much underpriced.

Reaction score
Don't try too hard to talk up the market that you start spouting BS.

Pinnacle was launched in 2004.

At that time you can easily get a freehold landed terrace at close to $1million. So is duxton still underpriced at 400k?

Let’s just say flat price has risen a lot over the past 15 yrs

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.