If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys..
I have a ThroneV2 idling around for almost a year.
How much do you think SL will give for a trade-in?

tokiya

Banned
Reaction score
these chairs are garbage, my omega peeling after a year, and the parts that peel doesnt even come into contact with human skin.

their marketing gimmick about 'upgraded' warranty for old pu is also another trash tactic - u need to pay them/trade in which is a garbage deal. they only do that to make themselves look good and trick users that they 'care' - yea they want you to shelve out hundreds more for a trade-in LOL.

never buy a secretlab product again - complete garbage

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
these chairs are garbage, my omega peeling after a year, and the parts that peel doesnt even come into contact with human skin.

their marketing gimmick about 'upgraded' warranty for old pu is also another trash tactic - u need to pay them/trade in which is a garbage deal. they only do that to make themselves look good and trick users that they 'care' - yea they want you to shelve out hundreds more for a trade-in LOL.

never buy a secretlab product again - complete garbage

Singapore very humid, that's one of the main factors of peeling.

DeadandBuried

Master Member
Reaction score
Singapore very humid, that's one of the main factors of peeling.

Very true. It's not like Secretlab is a Singaporean company that makes chairs for the humid Singaporean weather.

Oh wait....

That's just an excuse; they could use better quality stuff that doesn't peel. It's not like thier chairs are cheap. This is just a case of maximising profit.

sxiez1101

Reaction score
How is his service and quality of leather? How long have you been using and any issues so far? Am looking to rewrap my chair. Peeling in more places already. I can more or less peel off big patches of PU leather from my chair.

Hi there, I have 2 Dxracer chairs reskinnned to Napa using his service. Been almost 5 months now and I do not have any issues so far, he is very prompt to respond to any queries

me_jul

Reaction score
Hi there, I have 2 Dxracer chairs reskinnned to Napa using his service. Been almost 5 months now and I do not have any issues so far, he is very prompt to respond to any queries

thanks. Am considering this option. So in your opinion, its worth the cost?

joeidle1

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll go check out Omega and Titan.

Btw, does secretlabs have promotion like during PC show etc?

I'm one of their earlier customers from 2016. Also one of their luckier ones as my Omega is still completely fine. I personally am very happy with the Omega, I find it difficult to use generic office chairs

IMO dont bother with the cheapo brands. they use filmsy parts and refurbished foam. Secret lab's issue is their PU leather which will likely happen to other brands, plus they sell so many chairs so confirm more incidents. Rest of the chair feels very solid, and now they have the peel guarantee, so I would go for the secretlab

tokiya

Banned
Reaction score
Please do not be misled by their fake 'peel protection program' -

you need to wait for 4-5months and pay them a servicing fee for a replacement set using the same old trash pu material
OR
they make you trade in your chair at a pathetic value, (you need to pay them a few hundred more to fix your pu peeling problem)

Trash marketing gimmick

Last edited:

Xanforce

Reaction score
Roughly how much would it cost to do a re upholstery? Was thinking of buying a 2nd hand omega from carosell, they have a few going for 100-200.

spectrearc

Reaction score
honestly i'd just buy an ikea markus, cheaper and better for your back.

of course if i had 2k to spare i'd buy the herman miller ones but ... ya

generally in sg's climate PU degrades quite quickly, best to buy fabric or mesh chair

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.