Guys! You all got DIY clean your aircon blower ?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks guys for your advice and experience.

let me get the tech guy to come down and take a look then i will update on the situation.

btw has anyone tried using diluted bleach solution on the coils before? is it safe?

Just saw this, no .... don't use diluted bleach solution. Though when in diluted form, it isn't extremely alkaline, so probably not going to cause any big caustic issues.

But it would smell a lot afterwards. Much more than using the multipurpose/floor cleaners or windows/glass cleaners.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys any good cleaner (spray) to recommend. Saw some china brand and wd40 on qoo10 but unsure how good they are.

Looking for diy cleaner that cleans very well, easy to use and no chemical/weird smell

No such cleaner exists unfortunately.

Cleans very well - i think that means a pretty much clogged evaporator coil full of dust and mold inside and your expectation is that it is cleaned nearly totally within 2X washing.
No solvent/detergent cleaner, even with no smell types, are able to clean that without the help of high pressure/high velocity water. They are the safest/easiest to use though.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even for washing clothes that are extremely heavily soiled, you are never gonna wash it clean enough even with the highest concentration of laundry detergent/colour bleach and then just use plain water to run it over to rinse.

You are still gonna need physical agitation force, it the washing machine.

And in our case, the high pressure high velocity water is the washing machine, high velocity is coz we wanna achieve total and confirmed no second-guessing penetration of the coil. Of coz with tap water pressure + a china Taobao nozzle, it can get the outer external surfaces pretty clean with the detergent/solvent cleaners.

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried this Kleenso Aircon Coil Cleaner before? Looks like those alkaline chemical solution, very strong.

quWgfCL.jpg

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the way he dismantled looks damn easy as it took like 15s for the blower and drain pan. but he mentioned he's more familiar with the technique and that Mit E is one of the easiest to maintain.

anyway he didn't charge me for this wash. pretty nice and honest chap.

which also goes to show if I have a pressure washer and the aircon bag, I should be able to clean this myself.

If that's the case and yours is Mitsubishi electric, why dont you just learn how to dismantle and wash. It's not thhhhaat difficult.

For some of us, dismantling is not that easy and carries risk. I have dismantled mine before, just that for 1 of the 3 FCUs, that single unit is damn difficult. MAybe something corroded inside, the central shaft or what. For others, maybe they bent something last time or what, so have troubles.
So that's why i just hit it with the pressure washer, it's actually faster that way too.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried this Kleenso Aircon Coil Cleaner before? Looks like those alkaline chemical solution, very strong.

quWgfCL.jpg

For that kinda price, you might as well go get the Comstar coil safe from Amazon LLC from USA. Even with shipping, i think it's about $50 for 3.8 litres.
Dedicated evaporator coil cleaner.

For cheaper options, just search for those glass/windows cleaner (eg from supersteam) or multipurpose floor cleaner. Use it 2:1 dilution, i suspect a bit more diluted/weaker than the Comstar coil safe. But these are local sources, cheap, so just use ba.

Yes, that Kleenso does seem to be a weaker ie more diluted version of the alkaline coil cleaners, maybe with more other surfactant cleaners. So it might be super bo hua.
If you want this type of cleaner, go search for Supersteam Duo Green 205.
I think less than 18 dollars shipped for 5L, concentrated somemore. Dilute 5:1 also can.

Last edited:

Snokey

Master Member
Reaction score

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@WussRedXLi, can I check with you on a cheap and reliable pressure wash setup please? will the below work?

1. 12V pressure washer
https://shopee.sg/TMR**************...-Wash-Pump-12V-Clean-Set-i.8715449.1208467153 + $4.90 shipping = $20.10

2. 12V to 240V adapter
https://shopee.sg/Output-DC-12V-6A-...Lighter-Power-Converter-i.90386560.1508497896 (6A) = $9

3. Aircon Bag
https://shopee.sg/1pcs-Air-Conditio...aterproof-Protector-Bag-i.82269453.1683761186 ~ $10

The pump would work if you get adapters (those universal clamp ones) to attach to your tap, so that what this 12V pump does is to further boost the HDB pressure.

Now if yours is a landed property or something (or low floor), there is a good chance that the pressure is already decently good coz in this cases you do not get the water sources from the rooftop water tanks, but of coz if you further boost with a pump then it's even better. Coz HDB sources from the main water tanks usually regulate the pressure to a max of 30 PSI.

I have posted 90 deg wand attachments for these 12V pumps also, you can go search for it. Get from shopee/lazada as well. You search backwards from page 210, i posted big pictures, can't miss them.

PS. These small 12V pumps are probably around 50-60 PSI max when you are opening the flow at the nozzle, not 130 PSI. I have posted better 12-24V diaphragm pumps but they are quite a bit more ex.

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The pump would work if you get adapters (those universal clamp ones) to attach to your tap, so that what this 12V pump does is to further boost the HDB pressure.

Now if yours is a landed property or something (or low floor), there is a good chance that the pressure is already decently good coz in this cases you do not get the water sources from the rooftop water tanks, but of coz if you further boost with a pump then it's even better. Coz HDB sources from the main water tanks usually regulate the pressure to a max of 30 PSI.

I have posted 90 deg wand attachments for these 12V pumps also, you can go search for it. Get from shopee/lazada as well. You search backwards from page 210, i posted big pictures, can't miss them.

PS. These small 12V pumps are probably around 50-60 PSI max when you are opening the flow at the nozzle, not 130 PSI. I have posted better 12-24V diaphragm pumps but they are quite a bit more ex.
Wuss bro, how does the clamp to the water tap looks like??

Sent from Xiaomi Poco F1 using GAGT

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wuss bro, how does the clamp to the water tap looks like??

I also use this to connect to my shower head's hose, coz the hose is terminated with a stainless steel at the end and you can clamp onto that and make a good and pressure-proof solid connection.

71ldKQLuRAL.jpg

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay!! Means I can take out my shower head and connect to it ! I got one that clamps to the water tap but failed badly ..

genericperson

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try this, it's actually for cars but it works well with house aircon too. I got the usual maintenance guy to use it and it does wonder. I don't know if it is available in Sg. cost about SGD 5 /can

AC_Cleaner_HONDA_ACCESS_Evaporator_Cleaner_Threebond_made_in.jpeg

AC_Cleaner_HONDA_ACCESS_Evaporator_Cleaner_Threebond_made_in.jpeg

Guys any good cleaner (spray) to recommend. Saw some china brand and wd40 on qoo10 but unsure how good they are.

Looking for diy cleaner that cleans very well, easy to use and no chemical/weird smell

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2tiughq.jpg

Just received this and testing it today.

Posted from PCWX using Jedi mind trick.

Last edited:

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My video of me first time using the Kleenso Aircon Coil Cleaner.
First time using so dare not spray too much but the result is good.

Pls wear gloves, mask and goggles, make sure room is well ventilated, this stuff is strong and has toxic smoke.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My video of me first time using the Kleenso Aircon Coil Cleaner.
First time using so dare not spray too much but the result is good.

Pls wear gloves, mask and goggles, make sure room is well ventilated, this stuff is strong and has toxic smoke.

So basically it is a slightly diluted alkaline coil cleaner ba.

But anyway, do check out the risks of using alkaline coil cleaners and when not to use them if you cannot do certain things. Covered before earlier in the thread.
Though they do have their specific areas of usage of course.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if the better life all purpose cleaner from Amazon USA can help or not. :o

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cokacola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.