Home Automation Enthusiasts

madseason21

Reaction score
Need help please..
I have a wall mounted fan that does not have a remote. Is there a smart switch that can also vary the speed? I've read that Bond home or RM Pro can be used to control fans but using RF
Many thanks in advance!

Windowlover

Reaction score
Need help please..
I have a wall mounted fan that does not have a remote. Is there a smart switch that can also vary the speed? I've read that Bond home or RM Pro can be used to control fans but using RF
Many thanks in advance!

It is cheaper to get existing new fan in the market ?

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score
Need help please..
Many thanks in advance!

does it have a remote in the 1st place?

converse2010

Reaction score
Is Xiaomi Mi Universal IR blaster good enough for usual household appliances such as Sony TV and Mitsubishi Heavy Industry A/C?

squidy

Reaction score
If your fan is not already remote controlled then there's nothing available on market yet. All the current solutions are only replacing that remote controller.

I have a remote control for the fan speed and fan light. Can I know which product in the market is good and cheap right now that is suitable?

zoneguard

Reaction score
I have a remote control for the fan speed and fan light. Can I know which product in the market is good and cheap right now that is suitable?

Check if the remote requires line of sight to work - that implies it is IR. If it works without line of sight, it is using RF.

Broadlink RM Mini for IR or Broadlink RM Pro for both IR and RF.

Nainai

Master Member
Reaction score
Guy is there any smart power strip that I can get in Singapore?
Broadlink MP2 seem like a good choice but it does not come in UK plug...

gheesung

Reaction score
Is Xiaomi Mi Universal IR blaster good enough for usual household appliances such as Sony TV and Mitsubishi Heavy Industry A/C?
They have a good selection of devices that can be controlled by IR blaster. Mitsubishi Aircon can be controlled.

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows of smart switch that require Neutral cable ?

:s11:

My house lighting neutral is linked back to the switch..

singcheng

Reaction score

squidy

Reaction score
Anyone use August smart lock ? Wonder any review and issues arise.:s12:

So far so good. One bad point is it can't open the door automatically using Bluetooth when my phone is in my pocket. Only when I have my phone on my hand then it can detect the Bluetooth.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.