Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammole

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
drive teksi betta, no need AR CR

after passing my PDVL, i really don't think I can ever pass the TDVL.

read in one of blog one fellow say Paper 3: route planning easy peasy use phone check.... knn, dua pao xian. The STA test room is full of cameras.

Cherryislife

Reaction score
My friend just passed tdvl, you really can use your phone to check.

But basically my friend said, the answer will always be the route with the most different road names.

Because LTA wants shortest distance route, they don't want you to take expressway, they don't care about shortest time.

That is why our phv fares are always charged based on shortest possible route.

We are getting shortchanged everyday.

after passing my PDVL, i really don't think I can ever pass the TDVL.

read in one of blog one fellow say Paper 4: route planning easy peasy use phone check.... knn, dua pao xian. The STA test room is full of cameras.

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Come on, td pd all same qs.

Can use device-open book test.

Don't need a scholar to drive commercial.

Any 1 can fit in isn't it

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol.
Straight line.
Requires to bash through forest, canal etc.

But basically my friend said, the answer will always be the route with the most different road names.

Because LTA wants shortest distance route, they don't want you to take expressway, they don't care about shortest time.

iammole

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wa really ah.... but the STA test room, the laminated paper pasted on the table say "handphone off". And the whole stretch has several cameras pointing at the pple. There's no dead angles.

GPS softwares can set "shortest route" (shorter distance) or "faster route" (take mostly expressway). so that means that topic simply no need to study?

Cherryislife

Reaction score
Only that last paper you can use hp.

My friend is a "road idiot", so if he can get through it 1st time.
There's no reason why you need to study for it.

wa really ah.... but the STA test room, the laminated paper pasted on the table say "handphone off". And the whole stretch has several cameras pointing at the pple. There's no dead angles.

GPS softwares can set "shortest route" (shorter distance) or "faster route" (take mostly expressway). so that means that topic simply no need to study?

katana71

Master Member
Reaction score
oQEhRHcl.jpg

Here's your inspiration new drivers.
If there's no incentive.

Average rental: $70
Average petrol: $30

Left $40 in pocket.
Earn $2 for every trip.
Go work for Ronald better.

Huh? Sure or not? Bro I thought you only cherry pick to really enjoy tok gong fares only. Why would you subject yourself to this type of fares leh?

Cherryislife

Reaction score
I wanted to test out a different way of working and see if I can earn more by finishing gj early then do g.
But gj takes too long to finish.

End of the day still earn the same.
I will just go back to my previous routine.

Less blood boiling.

Huh? Sure or not? Bro I thought you only cherry pick to really enjoy tok gong fares only. Why would you subject yourself to this type of fares leh?

Last edited:

101love

Master Member
Reaction score
Always proud to be a phv driver I am. We solve people daily problems. Imagine back to olden days where td is pucking picky, everyone late for appointment, drench in the rain, burnt under hot sun and not a single taxi... ... Whenever someone is home safely I happy. As for earnings, we need to adjust accordingly to market trend, drive more? Drive smart? Bo bian one. Self employed earnings is always up and down, same to other businesses. Different is our up and down is 2k to 8k. Other business maybe few 10k to few hundreds k.
Bottom line if you have what it takes continue drive, if no get a job...

¤¤ but for youngster better get a job, big future ahead. Mid 30 to 50s, just peng if can't find suitable job :D . I belong to mid 40s but got chio bu says I look like 30s,.... Sho happy :s22:

It may be a brainless job and people have short term memories.
But phv has improved the experience of transportation dramatically since the olden days.

Drivers in the army.
They look like the ultimate slackers and do the least amount of work.
But if there's ever a war, who is going to provide the re-supplies for rations and ammo to the frontline?

We need riders for income, as much as riders need us to move.
Especially on days of rain, people who drink, people who are running late.
We're in denial if we really believe our public transport is sufficient to support our population.
Let's not devalue our positions.

MOBIO.sg

Reaction score
bro i think she want to “bao” you , u no need to drive phv le , just be her personal driver can liao.

Always proud to be a phv driver I am. We solve people daily problems. Imagine back to olden days where td is pucking picky, everyone late for appointment, drench in the rain, burnt under hot sun and not a single taxi... ... Whenever someone is home safely I happy. As for earnings, we need to adjust accordingly to market trend, drive more? Drive smart? Bo bian one. Self employed earnings is always up and down, same to other businesses. Different is our up and down is 2k to 8k. Other business maybe few 10k to few hundreds k.
Bottom line if you have what it takes continue drive, if no get a job...

¤¤ but for youngster better get a job, big future ahead. Mid 30 to 50s, just peng if can't find suitable job :D . I belong to mid 40s but got chio bu says I look like 30s,.... Sho happy :s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.