New EC at Sumang Walk

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Aiyoh.
Location, location and location.

Duxton & a few other premium BTOs can easily beat many outlying old condo anytime in the resale even though none have condo facilities.

Sumang considered outlying?

It will be old in a number of years time.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I comparing by resale mah.

I see, actually come to think of it again it is possible then for the BTO at GSW to cross 1 mil, since location matters. And it will likely be a few more years before public housing is offered there.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
1 year, 3month after CM, prices are so flat and several projects have given discounts.

CM doesn't really mean too much actually, although it does impact.
What is interesting, is the number of unsold units across Singapore.

It is a demand and supply problem.

Total-Number-of-Unsold-Condo-Units-in-the-Pipeline.jpg

History speaks well:
Singapore property market was experiencing a downturn from 2014 to 2016. We are approaching an even larger number of unsold units compared to 2014.

And in addition to that, we have more measures since then
1) Remissible ABSD
2) Qualifying Certificates

On year, Singapore July private home sales drop 32%.

So now we have a interesting situation: We have rising home prices on a backdrop of decreasing sales numbers.

As to the conclusion, I leave it for you to decide :)

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are actually already many flats around telok blangah mrt station, oppostite keppel club.

Was referring to those upcoming one that would have sea view.
Not familiar with that area, not sure if those currently at Telok Blangah mrt have sea views.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Wa bro. Take a look at my post in tampinese thread answering to nishizhu post during afternoon

Point 4 is exactly how i felt.

Haha bro, I Guess I’m the opposite from u. I felt I’m like a moth flocking to the flame, only shiny new things attract me. But I’m not whining, even if it’s gonna be a painful lesson for me, I will accept it and move on. Everyone experience success and failures differently, thus that explains our different views/decision making.
:D

Last edited:

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha bro, I Guess I’m the opposite from u. I felt I’m like a moth flocking to the flame, only shiny new things attract me. But I’m not whining, even if it’s gonna be a painful lesson for me, I will accept it and move on. Everyone experience success and failures through different ways, thus that explains our different views.
:D

Yeah la. But for me. I prefer to bave space for my kids to run around in the house.

Thats why i had to consider old resale.

Nothing makes me happier than to see my 2 kids running around the living room with ample space for them to manouver without knocking into things.

That for me is priceless.

I can very confidently tell u, if its my old house, its very restricted for them to do that. My old living and dining room is too small.

But from a investment point of view, buying a resale has no upside as mentioned by you and i do agree to it. To me, if i sell 15 years after the kids primary school is over, i think i can sell at par assuming prices does not crash. i will take it as free rental for 15years lor.

Haha.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah la. But for me. I prefer to bave space for my kids to run around in the house.

Nothing makes me happier than to see my 2 kids running around the living room with ample space for them to manouver without knocking into things.

I can very confidently tell u, if its my old house, its very restricted for them to do that. My old living and dining room is too small.

But from a investment point of view, buying a resale has no upside as mentioned by you and i do agree to it. To me, if i sell 15 years after the kids primary school is over, i think i can sell at par assuming prices does not crash. i will take it as free rental for 15years lor.

Haha.

The whole idea of property purchase is about prioritising one’s needs. Good that you are very clear what u want for your family and kids.
Honestly, with my Budget in 2017, I could have bought a 2xxxsqft resale penthouse but in the end, I decided to choose a much smaller 4 bedder at a better location. (place my bet based on future growth area, potential and masterplan)

Life is as such, you win some, u lose some.

Last edited:

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Haha.

My current 2000 EA HDB at Sengkang, the living room can play badminton. My kids can race round and round in endless loops on their scooters cuz my kitchen has 2 entry/exit points. My common room is 12.x sqm, MBR is 14.x sqm. Over the weekend boliao go measure my mum's 2006 4rm flat at Rivervale... 9-10sqm for common room and 12.x sqm for MBR. I think generally PCs at least in this decade the common room only 7-8sqm. Duno how it will be if we change house...

Last edited:

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Property prices will be firmer and stronger after this downturn

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
There was a month with a 4-hour period when
>1000 units were gone.
Do you use that to compare unusual time to compare ordinary times?

You should know as you trade stocks when some companies have a sudden spike /fall in profit with once-only sell off assets.

On year, Singapore July private home sales drop 32%.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
'Sea view' now also will be land view once they build up the southern edge.

Kallang was once had sea view & a beach, if I am not wrong.

Was referring to those upcoming one that would have sea view.
Not familiar with that area, not sure if those currently at Telok Blangah mrt have sea views.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol to say CMs have very little impact. :s13:

The number of unsold now is nothing new.
The number of units coming up in the market next few years has been known after the many successful enbloc 2 years ago.
And URA has since slowed down govt land sale.
Hundreds are sold each month & the market will digest them.
Does anyone get 10-20% off this year?
The govt is not here to crash the property markets (affecting your hdb too) as Singapore is one where large proportion of the population own properties & as wealth.

CM doesn't really mean too much actually, although it does impact.
What is interesting, is the number of unsold units across Singapore.

It is a demand and supply problem.

History speaks well:
Singapore property market was experiencing a downturn from 2014 to 2016. We are approaching an even larger number of unsold units compared to 2014.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
I believe you.
What to say leh... You different from the few other agents I met before.
👍 👍 👍

Lolss.. im an assest progression agent, not just any buy/sell/rent agent.. before i propose anythg to my clients, i always need to meetup, understand their needs n why they wana buy/upgrade and work out a financial planning for them.. and also, most importantly the exit plan..even though majority will tell me they buy to stay forever n no plans to sell..

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Thread Not deviated... Just the pple who are buying Piermont Grand HDB-eligible EC better go brain scan whether they having the right mind at buy at such high psf when there are other public housing options for now. For me, I fear the govt trying to build less public housing and over-sell land for privatised housing. Anybody under the age of 45 (unless you lost hope for setting up a family) and fully paid up their housing loan should aspire for another housing loan till age 70 but MINUS the ABSD for SG citizens of course! THIS IS OUR LAND, so no HDB sales to non-citizens. Non-citizens (except those who marry in) and those who are SPRs should pay more ABSDs even from first housing.

Different ppl have diff view and goals in life.. just because they want to drive a BMW vs driving a Honda ( much cheaper rite) they have brain problem.. since both serves the same purpose rite? Bring u from Point A to Point B.. for those who can afford, who doesnt want rite?

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol to say CMs have very little impact. :s13:

The number of unsold now is nothing new.
The number of units coming up in the market next few years has been known after the many successful enbloc 2 years ago.
And URA has since slowed down govt land sale.
Hundreds are sold each month & the market will digest them.
Does anyone get 10-20% off this year?
The govt is not here to crash the property markets (affecting your hdb too) as Singapore is one where large proportion of the population own properties & as wealth.
Doesnt mean too much is not the same as very little impact.
Maybe it wasn't clear, CM impacts or affects the supply and demand, but it is supply and demand that matters the most.

The number of unsold units has reached the reference historical number before something happens.

Unless the govt opens the floodgates to foreigners again, nothing is going to change.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
There was a month with a 4-hour period when
>1000 units were gone.

You should know as you trade stocks when some companies have a sudden spike /fall in profit with once-only sell off assets.
Both months has EC sales. Nothing unusual about it.

How about you comparing with June that has no EC launch of the year?

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Lolss.. im an assest progression agent, not just any buy/sell/rent agent.. before i propose anythg to my clients, i always need to meetup, understand their needs n why they wana buy/upgrade and work out a financial planning for them.. and also, most importantly the exit plan..even though majority will tell me they buy to stay forever n no plans to sell..
I honestly didn't know about this category of agents 👍

Apart from a good friend who is a property agent, the rest I see are usually those waiting at the showrooms.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.