New EC at Sumang Walk

trevallyo

Reaction score
We don't whine here.
We believe we can talk down Singapore property market.
But somehow 1 year of CM 2018 later, I managed to talk it up here. Lol

this mergui is full of ******** and delusional as always..never give up any chances to talk up the market LOL:o:o

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
More bad economic news today.

Over 50% of SMEs see drop in profit margins, and 40% of SMEs see drop in revenues.

60% of listed companies quarterly results did worse than the corresponding quarter.

Over half of SMEs see drop in profit margins as Singapore economy slows: SCCCI

21 Aug 2019

Read more: https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/go...ofit-margins-as-singapore-economy-slows-sccci

3 in 5 Singapore listed firms post poorer results in latest quarter

21 Aug 2019

Read more: https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/co...d-firms-post-poorer-results-in-latest-quarter

jouhyo

Reaction score
Only those who are looking for a home around this area should consider this property. Given the high PSF, there is little upside investment opportunity. If there is a downturn in the property landscape, given the high number of properties in the vicinity, I can ensure u prices will fall very quickly.

The facilities are kinda pathetic also, only 1 tennis court to share among 840 units. Most of the PC are offering 2 tennis courts for a development of this size.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
There are individuals here whom credit themselves so much that they think they can talk up or down the market.

Hilarious.

It’ll only work if you could do the opposite of market sentiments. I.e.: if market is up you talk down, if market is down you talk up.

Now try.:s22:

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree.
If money is the problem for many, the roads here would be empty except a few 2nd hand Proton.
Other than some for business, most car ownership is money spent.

For many, it is beyond money issue but the convenience, comfort & enjoy life.

Different ppl have diff view and goals in life.. just because they want to drive a BMW vs driving a Honda ( much cheaper rite) they have brain problem.. since both serves the same purpose rite? Bring u from Point A to Point B.. for those who can afford, who doesnt want rite?

jouhyo

Reaction score
I read some of the comments are some folks here reference back how well past EC are doing. Visionaire EC is sold at an average psf of 810. Pieremont EC average PSF is sold @ 1080, which is 33% increase.

Given the < 14k income ceiling, EC are targeting middle-income segment. How many here have salary increase of 30% over this period? Even property price over Singapore didn increase that much. The fundamentals does not justify the price increase. The private property price index over the same period only increased by 9%.

I have no doubt if Singapore continue to do well and with a stable govt, this property will eventually appreciate over some time but do consider such appreciation is offset against the high price u pay for the property.

Due to the income ceiling, buyers need to exercise caution in order not to overleverage themselves. It will be wise to wait for the EC next year which is beside the Canberra MRT and if indeed there is a recession, it will be a buyers market.

Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw ads for the upcoming Canberra EC.

Will be called Parc Canberra. 3-5 bedders avail.

One of my collegue already put up his newly MOP BTO for sale to prepare for the launch.

fSXezsr.jpg

Last edited:

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
I read some of the comments are some folks here reference back how well past EC are doing. Visionaire EC is sold at an average psf of 810. Pieremont EC average PSF is sold @ 1080, which is 33% increase.

Given the < 14k income ceiling, EC are targeting middle-income segment. How many here have salary increase of 30% over this period? Even property price over Singapore didn increase that much. The fundamentals does not justify the price increase. The private property price index over the same period only increased by 9%.

I have no doubt if Singapore continue to do well and with a stable govt, this property will eventually appreciate over some time but do consider such appreciation is offset against the high price u pay for the property.

Due to the income ceiling, buyers need to exercise caution in order not to overleverage themselves. It will be wise to wait for the EC next year which is beside the Canberra MRT and if indeed there is a recession, it will be a buyers market.
Sumang is priced for a potential future growth story that has yet to properly materialised.

So buyers are paying high for something that may only materialise in the future.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree.
If money is the problem for many, the roads here would be empty except a few 2nd hand Proton.
Other than some for business, most car ownership is money spent.

For many, it is beyond money issue but the convenience, comfort & enjoy life.

Moot point. Cars are much much cheaper in quantum compared to condos.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Sentiments and economic condition is generally down. So I guess people are trying to talk it up? ;) Good luck.
From business times:

Resale prices of condominium units in Singapore dipped again in July for the second consecutive month, while volume of sales surged by almost one-third, according to monthly figures.
Overall condo resale prices were down 0.5 per cent in July from the previous month. June had seen a 0.4 per cent decline from the peak in May, breaking an upward trend that had lasted four months.
Prices in the city fringes, or rest of central region (RCR), posted the biggest drop of 1.1 per cent in July, while prices for the suburbs or outside central region (OCR) retreated 0.3 per cent.
Prices in the core central region (CCR) inched down by 0.1 per cent month on month.
The softer prices in all three market segments of CCR, RCR and OCR could be due to the increase in supply of new homes.
Many new projects were launched in recent months, and the rising competition for potential buyers probably caused some sellers to lower their asking prices for their resale homes.

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I honestly didn't know about this category of agents &#55357;

Apart from a good friend who is a property agent, the rest I see are usually those waiting at the showrooms.
Most are all from propnex. Propnex agents are very aggressive on asset progression

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Home is basic & may appreciate.
Car is not essential for most, easily 1/4 or 1/5 of a flat & almost certainly money losing game.

The priority in life must be right. :o

Cars are much much cheaper in quantum compared to condos.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Home is basic & may appreciate.
Car is not essential for most, easily 1/4 or 1/5 of a flat & almost certainly money losing game.

The priority in life must be right. :o

Moot point again. In Singapore, home being basic is HDB.

1P<31B

Reaction score
I wonder if the upcoming changes in Sep for first timers would include an increase in this 14k cap, given that response from first timers arent fantastic for piermount.

Given the < 14k income ceiling, EC are targeting middle-income segment.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the upcoming changes in Sep for first timers would include an increase in this 14k cap, given that response from first timers arent fantastic for piermount.

Unlikely. Why would ah gong want to do this change just for 1 overpriced launch? Does it help citizens in anything substantial?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.