Wisdom tooth surgery gone wrong

Alphii3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently I've had a wisdom tooth surgery done for 2 teeth. Basic routine procedure of removing the teeth that were growing sideways.

Went in there feeling good as many of my friends have done it with no pain or complications.

However the surgery took over 2 hours and after that I was informed that both wisdom tooth as well as my molar had been removed.

The reason? The wisdom tooth was too deep and hence caused the molar to "drop out". The solution provided was to do a tooth implant surgery but I don't want the same dentist to do it. If they can screw up a wisdom tooth surgery, what are the chances of successfully and doing a good Job in a tooth implant?

I'm looking to seek monetary compensation to do it at another clinic and I've read that tooth implants can cost a bomb. Including things like bone grafting, sinus lifting, the crown and the implant.

Any kind soul has experienced this before and can advice me what to do from here?

Thank you so much!

ladadee

Reaction score
if i were you, i will ask for a copy of the xrays (before and after the wisdom tooth surgery), take that xrays to another dentist for a second opinion.

IF, it is really the dentist's fault then you can talk to the 1st dentist again and see how he or she wish to settle it.

if you need bone graft and sinus lift then yea it is gonna cost you abit. otherwise a normal implant with crown is $1250-$1750 after medisave.

good luck!

themurphylow

Reaction score
Good advice - second option would help

if i were you, i will ask for a copy of the xrays (before and after the wisdom tooth surgery), take that xrays to another dentist for a second opinion.

IF, it is really the dentist's fault then you can talk to the 1st dentist again and see how he or she wish to settle it.

if you need bone graft and sinus lift then yea it is gonna cost you abit. otherwise a normal implant with crown is $1250-$1750 after medisave.

good luck!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.