Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

hwsstx

Reaction score
What programme do you use? None I've tried thusfar works for the NLB titles cos of the DRM protection

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4X using GAGT

Calibre can remove DRM but need to install a plug-in.

https://www.epubor.com/calibre-drm-removal-plugins.html

I'm just sharing but I've no experience using this plug-in.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advice. I started reading chinese novels recently. Eyes get tired easily. Sometimes after reading, my eyes have difficulty focusing on far objects n gets a bit blurry. Okay after i let it rest a bit :(

Besides age :o, was wondering if getting a kindle to read will help as compared to reading on PC and HP.

1. Read a bit online n there are some articles touting the benefits of e-ink. Was hoping that there might be peeps here with similar prob and can actually share their real life experience.

2. Any major diff between the basic kindles (167ppi) compared to the paperwhites (300ppi)? Does higher ppi help in reducing eye strain?

TIA!

Last edited:

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if reading hardcopy newspaper causes u the same fatigue.
then no eink will not be of much help.. age is the main cause here i strongly believe.
eink however will definitely be better for reading in the long run due to less strain induced.

i think higher ppi makes the text looks sharper.
imo the cheapest paperwhite will do its job just fine.

hwsstx

Reaction score
I didn't see this mentioned about Paperwhite's support of WiFi bands.

FYI, my Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015) only supports 2.4Ghz band.

I suspect the latest Paperwhite 4 also only supports 2.4Ghz band.

azarel

Master Member
Reaction score
haha i lost my pw3.... gave me an excuse to get refurbished oasis gen 2 from amazon as a birthday gift to myself heh.

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there my daughter has just cracked her Kindle's screen. As the rest of the tablet is still very new, we are hoping to get it fixed. Can a kind soul provide us some information or direction to get it fixed? Thanks for reading.

Sent from Nextbit ROBIN using GAGT

azarel

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there my daughter has just cracked her Kindle's screen. As the rest of the tablet is still very new, we are hoping to get it fixed. Can a kind soul provide us some information or direction to get it fixed? Thanks for reading.

best buy new set from carousel or amazon. i doubt its possible to get it fixed in Singapore and the repair cost by amazon will be 80% of the cost of a new kindle.

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there, anyone has used a Kindle 4 before? How is it compared to the Basic 8th Gen?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro buy from where neh?

Qoo10 (this is my referral link. if dun wan, can just search the item yourself:) )
https://qoo.tn/BLF76U/Q125917320

$168 - $20 (gold member 20 off 150 coupon), then pay via qcoins. Buy qcoin using the 10% amex qcoin promo. Will be abt $130 w foc shipping plus screen protector.

So $130 a good price? Worth paying $4 more for US set?

Warranty is covered in this manner. Is okay right?

~ BestSGElectronics will provide local warranty support for Amzaon Kindle E-Reader, first 7 days 1 for 1 exchange and remaining 6 months repair by Amazon (USA/Japan, depending on whether the set is a US Set or Japan Set).

~ For 6 months warranty by Amazon (USA), please register your product warranty with BestSGElectronics within 7 days from the date received. Unregistered product has only 7 days local warranty.

~ Local warranty support will commence on the date of purchase and does not include shipping fee to/fro to BestSGElectronics or Amazon USA/Japan. Shipping fee to Amazon and back to Singapore is to be paid by buyer.

~ Customer will cover the return postage fee to us while GeekB!te will cover the return postage fee to you.

hwsstx

Reaction score
Amazon launches local online store in Singapore with wider selection including Kindle

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/amazon-launches-local-online-store-in-singapore-with-wider-selection-including-kindle

https://www.amazon.sg/s?k=kindle&ref=is_s

Six different models are available on Amazon.sg

Book lovers can also access a selection of over 15 million books, including books from Books Depository and Amazon's local and international selection.

Last edited:

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

nwh_sg

Reaction score
My amazon kindle cover just broke. 5 years old. I think it was due to plastic fatigue (cracked due to the magnetic pull when the cover was opened). The metal piece on the right (picture) was pulled out and stayed with the front cover magnet.

DqFt7b.jpg

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can Kindle be used to read borrowed books from national library board? Kind of restricted. iPad can be used to read magazine/ books whereas kindle better for books. Of course, iPad will cause more eye fatigue

skinergy

Reaction score
Planning to get the latest Oasis (Champagne , 32 gb with special offers) from Amazon, which forwarder is the cheapest way to have it sent to Singapore?

Saw that the Amazon SG does not carry this model

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to get the latest Oasis (Champagne , 32 gb with special offers) from Amazon, which forwarder is the cheapest way to have it sent to Singapore?

Saw that the Amazon SG does not carry this model

damn...you're tempting me lol. i'm also quite damn keen on the Oasis, but need 32gb meh?
can put super super a lot of books in lor..
i'm using Paperwhite 4gb, used ~3gb, have 600++ over books already inside, 32gb would be damn hardcore sia :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.